Leinster v Cardiff

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Leinster v Cardiff

Post by simonokeeffe »

Back at home, Cardiff lost at home to Zebre with a close to full strength side, so this match should be taken as a chance to improve and iron out problems, should be a few more players back for this too but also last chance to rest guys before Munster/HC run of games

R Kearney, D Kearney, Macken, McFadden, Luke, Madigan, Reddan, Healy, Cronin, Moore, Toner, McCarthy, Locky, Ryan, Heaslip
McGrath, Dundon, Furlong, Marshall, Murphy, Boss, Gopperth, BOD

Assuming Ferg and Luke not a week too soon, Heaslip and BOD back rather than deep end of Thomond
Darcy and Ross due a rest ahead of 3 back to back big games, as is Strauss if hes not concussed
McGrath, Murphy, BOD can all come on at 50
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster v Cardiff

Post by Degz »

I'd like to see something like:

15.RK
14.DK
13.Luke
12.Ferg
11.Lote
10.Mads
9.Reddan

1.Healy
2.Cronin
3.Moore
4.Mike Mc
5.Leo
6.Rhys
8.Jordi
7.Seany

16.Strauss
17.Ross
18.McGrath
19.Dev
20.JH
21.McGrath
22.Gopperth
23.BOD
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

I don't give a f**k if Dev has to play at fullback, Madigan has to be our starting ten for the next two games. The HC opener against Ospreys is only three weeks away..
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Leo is out until the end of October. Lote's hamstring may rule him out too.
PCASEY
Knowledgeable

Post by PCASEY »

Alternative Ulster wrote:Leo is out until the end of October. Lote's hamstring may rule him out too.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Le Tullow Tank is still not back yet either. Would love it but cant see someone (of Lote's age) coming back the next week after a hamstring strain
Cardiff dont have huge pack or second rows so would love to see Marshall in for Denton even if only on bench

Cardiff missing Davies to suspension, maybe Warburton will be back to phone in another club performance and as ever look half the player without Lydiate :wink:
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

I'd say Seanie could be there.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Think I'll wait for the squad update tomorrow. Hope Jenno is not out for too long. Or Lote for that matter.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

johng wrote:Think I'll wait for the squad update tomorrow. Hope Jenno is not out for too long. Or Lote for that matter.
Saw Jenno at Oktoberfest in a sling and pretty full on cast :?
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

I wouldnt be surprised if Seannie asked for the 7 jersey for this game. 80 minutes against Warburton in a retreating scrum will make up for a dissapointing [by his hugely high standards] lions tour

He was quoted as being back in 4 weeks at the end of AUG
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

mtleinster wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if Seannie asked for the 7 jersey for this game. 80 minutes against Warburton in a retreating scrum will make up for a dissapointing [by his hugely high standards] lions tour

I doubt Warburton will be fit, both and Gethin Jenkins are struggling and Davies will still be banned. The blues have been very poor the last two games and but for some favourable reffing in the Connacht game they would be 0-3.

This is a good game for you guys and I expect a BP win, I'm not privy to you agreements with the IRFU but surely the majority of the lions should be ready for this game?

You don't want them under cooked heading into the HC?
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

mtleinster wrote:I wouldnt be surprised if Seannie asked for the 7 jersey for this game. 80 minutes against Warburton in a retreating scrum will make up for a dissapointing [by his hugely high standards] lions tour

Off topic, but only disappointing because he wasn't selected at first. He was the best 7 on tour imo, Tips would've been my first choice but he seemed to lack the raw power when it came to the tight work in the breakdown, which at the end of the day is the exact reason why they persisted with Sam. Don't think he'd be disappointed with that.
Silvine
Learner

Post by Silvine »

Donny B. wrote:I don't give a f**k if Dev has to play at fullback, Madigan has to be our starting ten for the next two games. The HC opener against Ospreys is only three weeks away..
Couldn't agree more, don't like this messing around with the 10 jersey. Mads is at training camp with the Ireland squad this week so he mightn't be given the jersey. V uncomfortable about seeing Jacskon settle in as first choice in Ulster with Mads not getting the opportunity at Leinster
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

I'd rather the better 10 play at 10... Doesn't really bother me who gets it.

Although I have to say Jimmy was a bit at sea when his pack wasn't dominating in Glasgow.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Jimmy can kick.(So can Ian) Jimmy can certainly run (So can Ian).....fast too. Jimmy can also pass, just nowhere near Madser's level.

Tackling?.....We are getting more Mads by the minute here. Managing a game? Can't be much in it this minute. But Jimmy's potential has maxed out at 30. Mads is nowhere near maxed out.

Mads needs to get the 10 jersey on his back asap. Mount a campaign for the HC start. If we run out of fit backs I can see Mads shunted to 12 or 15.

That would be a tragedy for him, but for Leinster too ultimately.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Probably no chance of it happening but, with Jennings out, would love to see Leavy or Gilsenan (is he injured at the moment?) getting a run off the bench for the last 20-30 mins of this game.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

I thought Jimmy's tackling looked very week against Glasgow and we need to get into a winning mentality so Madigan at 10 for me.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

johng wrote:Jimmy can kick.(So can Ian) Jimmy can certainly run (So can Ian).....fast too. Jimmy can also pass, just nowhere near Madser's level.

Tackling?.....We are getting more Mads by the minute here. Managing a game? Can't be much in it this minute. But Jimmy's potential has maxed out at 30. Mads is nowhere near maxed out.

Mads needs to get the 10 jersey on his back asap. Mount a campaign for the HC start. If we run out of fit backs I can see Mads shunted to 12 or 15.

That would be a tragedy for him, but for Leinster too ultimately.
Both have a tendency to miss the odd touch off a peno.
But when it comes to managing a game, I think the latter part of last season showed Mads coming of age in this respect. Felt against Glasgow that a couple of kicks to touch were badly needed, to keep the pressure off.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

I really like this squad but I cant see MOC using both Moore and Furlong together as the THPs although I agree that Tadg F. is a brilliant prospect and well worth inclusion. Hopefully we'll see Marshall too because it seems strange that he's not being used with all the SR injuries.
simonokeeffe wrote:Back at home, Cardiff lost at home to Zebre with a close to full strength side, so this match should be taken as a chance to improve and iron out problems, should be a few more players back for this too but also last chance to rest guys before Munster/HC run of games

R Kearney, D Kearney, Macken, McFadden, Luke, Madigan, Reddan, Healy, Cronin, Moore, Toner, McCarthy, Locky, Ryan, Heaslip

Assuming Ferg and Luke not a week too soon, Heaslip and BOD back rather than deep end of Thomond
Darcy and Ross due a rest ahead of 3 back to back big games, as is Strauss if hes not concussed
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rdsblue wrote:I really like this squad but I cant see MOC using both Moore and Furlong together as the THPs although I agree that Tadg F. is a brilliant prospect and well worth inclusion. Hopefully we'll see Marshall too because it seems strange that he's not being used with all the SR injuries.
simonokeeffe wrote:Back at home, Cardiff lost at home to Zebre with a close to full strength side, so this match should be taken as a chance to improve and iron out problems, should be a few more players back for this too but also last chance to rest guys before Munster/HC run of games

I went with that as with bent injured and Ross having played a bit and probably needed for 3 x 80 Munster/HC its last chance to rest him

if Cardiff missing Jenkins do like JB said I'd be disappointed with no bonus point win