Leinster @ Glasgow, 20 Sep 2013

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster @ Glasgow, 20 Sep 2013

Post by domhnallj »

strikeagainstthehead wrote:thanks Johng for the info, I'll update sky anyway and keep the site for future reference. With FITZGIBBON refing I probably won't understand what's going on anyhow.
There is no red button on Alba - watch it anyhow and broaden your Gaelic knowledge.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Almost the same team as last week - that shows how we are lacking in depth. I thought that Macken had a good game last week. Fanning did well also, hopefully the few starts will do him the world of good.
I was talking to some Glasgow fans yesterday who are expecting nothing less than a home win tomorrow. They see this as a big match, at home, full stadium against the Champions.

I hope they're wrong, but this is going to be tough.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

deco wrote:Almost the same team as last week - that shows how we are lacking in depth. I thought that Macken had a good game last week. Fanning did well also, hopefully the few starts will do him the world of good.
I was talking to some Glasgow fans yesterday who are expecting nothing less than a home win tomorrow. They see this as a big match, at home, full stadium against the Champions.

5 changes to the panel, BOD, SOB, Heaslip not ready yet, Cullen, Roux, Luke, Goodman, Ferg, Hudson, Bent injured, Tuqiri, Kirchner not available yet, Ruddock and Cronin rotated

how big a panel and how many changes you want? :D
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

simonokeeffe wrote:
deco wrote:Almost the same team as last week - that shows how we are lacking in depth. I thought that Macken had a good game last week. Fanning did well also, hopefully the few starts will do him the world of good.

5 changes to the panel, BOD, SOB, Heaslip not ready yet, Cullen, Roux, Luke, Goodman, Ferg, Hudson, Bent injured, Tuqiri, Kirchner not available yet, Ruddock and Cronin rotated

The only changes to the team (after Hudson came off) is Denton for Toner and Boss for Reddan. That is something that we have rarely seen over the last few years, and to me, indicates the current lack of depth in the squad. I could have added that the lack of depth is down to injuries and player management, but I thought that part was fairly obvious. :roll:
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

strikeagainstthehead wrote:I know TG4 are broadcasting this match but I want to watch it on BBC Alba (The red button may give an English commentary). Has anybody got the Sky Channell or Sky Settings for BBC Alba as mine seem to be out of date. Better still a site where I could pick this info. up.
Alba will have part Gaelic, part English commentary with a Glasgow player co-commentating (not sure who yet, tends to change every game depending on who is in the match day 23 obviously).
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Don't know about anybody else but I'd relish a repeat of the 6-0 classic from last season :wink: . It would be massive to get a win over there. No Matawalu, Maitland and Strauss on the bench may have opened the door for us a little.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

3 words that spell doom for Leinster REFEREE: Peter Fitzgibbon

End
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

deco wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

The only changes to the team (after Hudson came off) is Denton for Toner and Boss for Reddan. That is something that we have rarely seen over the last few years, and to me, indicates the current lack of depth in the squad. I could have added that the lack of depth is down to injuries and player management, but I thought that part was fairly obvious. :roll:
so you were saying we are missing a lot of players not we lack depth in the panel in general? if you say/imply the squad lacks depth thats different to saying we're missing a lot of guys for this particular game. thought you meant squad thin in gen as thats been a common argument for a while

splitting hairs/getting wrong end of the stick aside Healy, Dundon, Ryan, Kearney all into the matchday 23 though which is fairly significant
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

deco wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

I agree Deco, I wouldn't fear that team if I were a Glasgow.

Whatever else about Drico and Jamie, Surely Rob should be available to start, its not like he played a lot of rugby over the summer! And when you talk about depth, fit players who can play a lot of games are critical obviously so I'd also be worried with that injury list before the season has even started. Guys like Roux and Luke are injured a lot.....
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Surprised at a lot of the team selected by MOC, for the following reasons:

Mads and not Robert K: Big call in terms of game time at O-H for Mads who must be gagging to get a chance in his real position. RK has very little game time on the clock in 2013 and needs to get right back to his Amlin Final form for the ERC games.

DK at wing presumably because of injuries to Luke, Hudson and Ferg and unavailability of Tequori, but must surely be No 2 Full-back at present until Kutchner arrives?

Bren Macken at 13 is another great opportunity to work beside Darce who is providing him with real coaching in that position and improving his defence all the time, but can he remember what he has learned and use it without Darce beside him?

Fanning at left wing, still staying ahead of Academy players like Andy Boyle and Sam CM. But with four wingers unavailable his signing looks a smart piece of business. Despite the criticism on here about the Ospreys try last week, the fault wasn't his but rather Jenno who should have moved out one pass earlier as Fanning was outnumbered on the left and Mads was too deep to take-out their support player who ran the inside line.

Bossy ahead of Reds suggests that MOC partially blames Reds for getting caught in possession last week. IMO that blame should go to our system which didn't put enough players into the breakdown to protect Reds and the ball, both in the middle and on the edges.

Dundon ahead of Cronin: Dundon has had a great season so far and continues to progress faster than Strauss or Cronin. Strauss is still behind where he was two seasons ago when his ball-carrying and tackling was like a back-row. Cronin's darts are too unreliable thus far and his ball carrying is not enough to offset this basic job.

Denton instead of Dev: As previously stated, MOC comes from the Leicester outlook of big strong ugly forwards in the row. Denton's biggest flaw is getting back to his feet and into the action. He has decent hands, tackles well and clears rucks (he is reputedly 120 kg despite what the website says). He is also a big lifter and decent mauler. If MOC and Jonno can continue his improvement, he would be become a like-for-like replacement for Browne.

Back-row call: must be very close and only logic is that Jordi has already put in a lot of graft and Dominic has not had a chance and must be gagging to get a go. However he must carry like Jordi - at gaps not bodies - if he wants to lay down a marker for progress this season.

A big game without doubt, but already MOC must be looking at Ospreys and Castres who are going gang-busters in France with a win against Toulon last week.

MOC is still learning about the Pro12 and despite all the advice around from Richie Murphy and Jonno Gibbs, he probably will be surprised at the quality of Glasgow as Leicester may not have seen them too often playing like they do in the Pro12m, as compared with their performances in the H Cup
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

That's a pretty good run thru' there "Rucked".
Two additional comments.
You're spot on about our policy at the breakdown against Ospreys.
Glasgow play it the same way as the Ospreys at the breakdown and caused us a lot of trouble in the RDS last season as a result.
Secondly one aspect of Gopperth's play that is falling short is his restarts. They are too far and too low giving our players virtually no chance of regaining possession.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Back in the real world today, looking forward to this one (i think). More wtf calls in their 15 than ours, but dont fancy us.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

least surprising breaking news ever..

...Tuqiri starts in place of Fanning who has picked up a knock
I have Bumbleflex
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Dave Cahill wrote:least surprising breaking news ever..

...Tuqiri starts in place of Fanning who has picked up a knock
or caught the week too soon virus from Ferg or Luke.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Le Duvet
Bookworm

Post by Le Duvet »

season ticket holder still on hols in France. Anyone got a feed online? Thanks
Le Duvet
Bookworm

Post by Le Duvet »

Anyone online with score update pls?
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

What's going on with these scrums. We don't look comfortable at all.

Great kick for touch there
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
Le Duvet
Bookworm

Post by Le Duvet »

bluemagic wrote:What's going on with these scrums. We don't look comfortable at all.

Great kick for touch there
Thanks for update & pls keep 'em coming!
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

0-0 after fifteen. We have had more of the ball but little threat with it.
Four Stars
Le Duvet
Bookworm

Post by Le Duvet »

Anyone got an online feed please?