Leinster @ Glasgow, 20 Sep 2013

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

jordanracer
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster @ Glasgow, 20 Sep 2013

Post by jordanracer »

No Luke or McFadden, not even the bench, even though Matt said in the Laighin Out last week, if there was a final they would have played then ???
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Not sure why Denton is starting over Dev?

Other then that, I fancy our pack over theirs. If we can suffocate them at source than we've a decent chance here, if they get a constant supply of quick ball we'll be in trouble.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Degz wrote:Not sure why Denton is starting over Dev?

Other then that, I fancy our pack over theirs. If we can suffocate them at source than we've a decent chance here, if they get a constant supply of quick ball we'll be in trouble.
It's a long old season and he's already played 80 minutes for consecutive weeks. I don't mind him getting a little less game time. It's just a shame that Roux isn't available to partner McCarthy.

If he isn't in the Irish 23, I can see Toner playing a hell of a lot of rugby this season.
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Roux and McCarthy would be one of the shortest lock combos in pro rugby.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Didn't realise McCarthy was only 6'4 - wouldn't have been too surprised if Quinn was that height, looks smaller (but is 6'5)!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

well at least Toner is on the bench (along with Reddan, Healy, RK) so we have some good options from there, stronger bench than Glasgow I would say; the temerity of them to demi rest Strauss for this!!

anyone know whats up with Cronin and Ruddock?

We have 2 opensides starting and both Strauss and McGrath very good at slowing down ruck ball so theres the personnel to deny them quick ball

without sounding too old school some good garryowens so we can rough up Hogg (place kicker) would be handy
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview
Matt O'Connor wrote:It was going to plan and we would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those pesky Ospreys!!
Okay, Matt O'Connor may not have said that exactly, as he isn't a Scooby Doo villain, but it does pretty much capture the gist of his frustration last week. After an opening day bonus point win away to Scarlets, Leinster looked to be on their way to another comfortable win when Jimmy Gopperth sailed through the Ospreys defence to set Dave Kearney up for a try that can only be described as sumptuous. Though it only put Leinster 10-3 up, the very manner in which it was scored would have caused most Pro12 teams to drop their heads and bow to Leinster's superior skill set. If it was the Scarlets, Blues or Dragons they would have collapsed, but the Ospreys, damn them, are made of different stuff.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

Glasgow have the edge in the back 3, Leinster in the front 5. I know where I would prefer to be stronger!
Glasgow are missing their best back from last year and their two stand out back rowers (one is on the bench)

Throw into the mix Hogg dodgy goal kicking and in a tight game I would expect Leinster and their superior pack to to grind out the win.

ps is Ruddock injured or out of favour?
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

JB1973 wrote:
Dippy hasn't had a run out this year - needs game time. It will be interesting to see how MOC ultimately ranks Leinster's up and coming back rowers.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

simonno6 wrote:
JB1973 wrote:
Dippy hasn't had a run out this year - needs game time. It will be interesting to see how MOC ultimately ranks Leinster's up and coming back rowers.
Yeah. Just rotation I'd say. Ryan (Dippy) only played in one of the pre season games

Behind our HC backrow of McLaughlin, O'Brien, Heaslip and Jennings there are the trio of Ruddock, Ryan and Murphy.

Who is the first of those 3 at the moment is the question.

They are all about the same age. Ryan had a great season 2 years ago, but then got injured. Ruddock was then ahead. Murphy is tearing up trees now so who knows.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

johng wrote:
simonno6 wrote:
JB1973 wrote:
Yeah. Just rotation I'd say. Ryan (Dippy) only played in one of the pre season games

Behind our HC backrow of McLaughlin, O'Brien, Heaslip and Jennings there are the trio of Ruddock, Ryan and Murphy.

They are all about the same age. Ryan had a great season 2 years ago, but then got injured. Ruddock was then ahead. Murphy is tearing up trees now so who knows.
The future is bright, especially with guys like Leavy and Gilsenan coming through as well! (Although SOB and JH are hardly anywhere near over the hill!)
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Cough cough (Clermont) Cough!
strikeagainstthehead
Beginner

Post by strikeagainstthehead »

I know TG4 are broadcasting this match but I want to watch it on BBC Alba (The red button may give an English commentary). Has anybody got the Sky Channell or Sky Settings for BBC Alba as mine seem to be out of date. Better still a site where I could pick this info. up.
Delenda Est Munster
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthre ... 2055520627

They sometimes have English speaking guest commentators but never seen a red button English option. (That's SC4)
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

johng wrote:Cough cough (Clermont) Cough!
sshhh!
strikeagainstthehead
Beginner

Post by strikeagainstthehead »

thanks Johng for the info, I'll update sky anyway and keep the site for future reference. With FITZGIBBON refing I probably won't understand what's going on anyhow.
Delenda Est Munster
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

johng wrote:Roux Fitz and McFadden are the ones I would like to have seen back. They seem to be falling to the "week too soon" virus
If you totaled Luke's weeks too soon you'd have a couple of seasons in the bag. The lad really needs a protracted run especially as competition hots up of places with the imports arriving.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

johng wrote:
simonno6 wrote:
JB1973 wrote:

The man with the trees in his hands wins it.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

no Kellock either which is big for them, tbh Cussiter not the force he once was either

scrums esp hit main problem with Fitzgibbon but on paper we should be on top there
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

strikeagainstthehead wrote:I know TG4 are broadcasting this match but I want to watch it on BBC Alba (The red button may give an English commentary). Has anybody got the Sky Channell or Sky Settings for BBC Alba as mine seem to be out of date. Better still a site where I could pick this info. up.
http://www.lyngsat.com
http://www.lyngsat.com/Eutelsat-28A-and ... 2A-2F.html is usually up to date.
Also you can set SC4 English commentary (not always available) as default by setting the language option to Welsh in Sky setup.
This is useful if you want to record SC4 with English commentary.
Setting the language option to Welsh doesn't seem to affect any other channels, so it can be set to this permanently
If it's an FTA box you have there will also be a language option (usually a per channel option) as well but you'll have to experiment and again the setting is somehow miraculously stored.
Alba is 10803 as Johng said but there is some rearranging of transponders going on at present. A new Astra satellite was launched a few months ago apparently and is now in position and under test. This can affect the "other channels" because they are programmed manually. It can also affect FTA channels
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.