Active Sportswear gone from Donnybrook & RDS?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

tones
Shane Jennings

Re: Active Sportswear gone from Donnybrook & RDS?

Post by tones »

deco wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Sorry are you saying the Leinster Rugby Store is no more? No that is a huge loss. The shop in donnybrook was one of the best stocked rugby stores I've ever been in. It was an aladin's cave of bargains and hard to get kit. Also it was super handy and the guys knew their stuff.

Lifestyle are fairly pants to be honest. Sad day for anyone who liked the store.
Fully agree.

My guess is that the shop in the RDS will be run by Lifestyle; the one in Donnybrook to close completely.

Farrells in Stillorgan is an alternative and they have decent sales on a couple of times a year.
A really short-term decision by LR in my opinion. We're now a department in the lifestyle inle store as opposed to having our own store. Cost-cutting?
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

tones wrote:
A really short-term decision by LR in my opinion. We're now a department in the lifestyle inle store as opposed to having our own store. Cost-cutting?
I would say that Lifestyle have paid a tidy sum to be the official retail partner of Leinster Rugby and that included the two in-ground stores. They'll have proposed to Leinster a lot of good stuff about in-store branding, dedicated retail space, promotional support, province-wide reach, etc etc.

The same as Champion Sports did.
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The redirect is in place now www.leinsterrugbystore.ie now directs to to Lifestyle shopfront
I have Bumbleflex
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

what about the hipflask and cufflinks?

buy that sh!t up quick!
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
BigL
Learner

Post by BigL »

Have a few gift vouchers accumulated for the Donnybrook store - better get in quick and use them (presuming the shop has not closed already)
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

BigL wrote:Have a few gift vouchers accumulated for the Donnybrook store - better get in quick and use them (presuming the shop has not closed already)
You should still be able to use them in their store in Blackrock if they're already gone from Donnybrook.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Dave Cahill wrote:The redirect is in place now http://www.leinsterrugbystore.ie now directs to to Lifestyle shopfront

Exactly.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Mickado
Knowledgeable

Post by Mickado »

To get 10% discount, do we still email sales@leinsterrugbystore.ie ?
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

Gutted for Dan and John and all the staff that they have had in the store over the years. They really looked after the supporters and I'm really sorry to see that LifeStyle is now the new partner :(

I ended up buying my new jersey in Lifestyle last week and there was a very limited amount of stock and choice of gear in the Stephen's Green branch - hopefully this will improve. The less said about the choice of ladies gear the better - one jersey is all I could find.

On a lighter note, Lifestyle will be honouring the STH discount on production of your ST card and they have apparently put a code in the STH packs so that we can also avail of the STH discount online. That's something I suppose.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Leezer wrote:what about the hipflask and cufflinks?

buy that sh!t up quick!
An opportunity for the OLSC in merchandising?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Is the shop in Donnybrook already closed or are they having a closing down sale or anything?
dod
Knowledgeable

Post by dod »

TerenureJim wrote:Is the shop in Donnybrook already closed or are they having a closing down sale or anything?
It doesn't mention anywhere that it is closing. My reading is that lifestyle are just taking over the running of the two shops and there should be no other change bar the people behind the counter.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

The web story in the origonal post on this thread says Donnybrook will be open.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

dod wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:Is the shop in Donnybrook already closed or are they having a closing down sale or anything?
It doesn't mention anywhere that it is closing. My reading is that lifestyle are just taking over the running of the two shops and there should be no other change bar the people behind the counter.
Real shame, John has been with Leinster from the start and is a true fan - I often bump into him on planes and in French squares!!! I'll make a point of dropping down to his shop in Blackrock.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Grumpy wrote:
Maybe this is something the OLSC should take up with LR, especially if the range and service provided by Lifestyle do not match up to those provided by existing store. I always got my stuff from the Donnybrook store and found them excellent to deal with

+1 +1

Aisling 7 wrote:
Gutted for Dan and John and all the staff that they have had in the store over the years. They really looked after the supporters and I'm really sorry to see that LifeStyle is now the new partner
+1+1
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

i believe that John and Danielle will still be stocking Leinster gear in Blackrock and I for one will be supporting them. Nothing replaces great service and I intend to be as loyal as I can be to them.
decob
Beginner

Post by decob »

Shop in Donnybrook is open and giving the ST discount
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The feckers better still honour the voucher I was given before this decision was taken or there will be hell to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Donny B. wrote:The feckers better still honour the voucher I was given before this decision was taken or there will be hell to pay!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are we talking about a Baggot Inn (spit) style boycott Donny? I'm itchin for a good boycott.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Mickado
Knowledgeable

Post by Mickado »

I don't have transport so travelling to Blackrock is not an option for me. But I did buy that top on the previous page (the one reduced to €30).

Ordered it on Friday afternoon and got it today in work with a "Saturday delivery" sticker on it. Which is pretty good going.
Can I raise a practical question at this point? Are we gonna do "Stonehenge" tomorrow?