We are Leinster chant

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Second Row
Beginner

We are Leinster chant

Post by Second Row »

The promo line for the new jerseys could work well as a new simple chant around the RDS, like American University Penn State's "We are Penn State"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLKszZAx4Y
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: We are Leinster chant

Post by Logorrhea »

College football is great for those kinda chants (wisconsin would be my favourite). Cant see it happening here, though it would be easy enough to do.
Second Row
Beginner

Post by Second Row »

It would sound great in the RDS / Aviva. Coudln't be any easier for the fans.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Maybe if the idea is to get the other team to laugh at us.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

sid wrote:Maybe if the idea is to get the other team to laugh at us.
That's it. Catch them off guard!
Muriel
Seán Cronin

Post by Muriel »

sid wrote:Maybe if the idea is to get the other team to laugh at us.
It would make a change from them laughing at the jersey :wink:
When I pulled my hamstring, I went to a misogynist. - Brittany (Glee)
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

TBH joking aside, it's perfect. In terms of simplicity. The reason the ASM chants are so good is because of their simplicity.

The only problem is it'd never catch on, because A: Not enough people in the RDS read these forums, and B: If the OLSC/branch try and get the crowd to do it over the PA then people will just refuse to do it, even if it's a good idea. Nobody likes forced entertainment.

Has to be organic, or else it won't work.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

AdamK wrote:
Has to be organic, or else it won't work.
You've hit the nail in the head.

Another problem is that if its to be done as the team run on (perhaps) a lot of our lot don't get into their seats early (pints await).
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

maybe a less paedo friendly college too for inspiration
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Second Row
Beginner

Post by Second Row »

If it was started by Leinster Rugby / OLSC using either Bob Conway or an MC on the pitch at Heineken games (only) when there is a packed house just before welcome to the jungle starts. A full house in the RDS / Aviva everyone is well oiled and a 6 p.m kick off. I can't see a reason the crowd wouldn't respond. Could become our Pilou Pilou.. 18000 fans chanting we are Leinster 6/7 times as images of the team and the 12 county names flash on the big screens seconds before welcome to the jungle starts. There's no reason this visual and audio reinformcement wouldn't catch on. There's a million reasons not to try things. They are all limiting beliefs. You're right AdamK it's so simple it's perfect.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Second Row wrote:If it was started by Leinster Rugby / OLSC using either Bob Conway or an MC on the pitch at Heineken games (only) when there is a packed house just before welcome to the jungle starts. A full house in the RDS / Aviva everyone is well oiled and a 6 p.m kick off. I can't see a reason the crowd wouldn't respond. Could become our Pilou Pilou.. 18000 fans chanting we are Leinster 6/7 times as images of the team and the 12 county names flash on the big screens seconds before welcome to the jungle starts. There's no reason this visual and audio reinformcement wouldn't catch on. There's a million reasons not to try things. They are all limiting beliefs. You're right AdamK it's so simple it's perfect.
You've seen them try it with "Dirty Old Town" and "Molly Malone" right? Organised fun just doesn't go down well with the masses. The only real way for chants to get going is for the terrace dwellers and often travellers to away games to try things and they catch on or not.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Yeah, the only way they could 'force' it onto the crowd is by getting a load of lads into the terrace to start it.
Second Row
Beginner

Post by Second Row »

Molly Malone is a Dublin folk song which most of Leinsters non Dublin fans don't identify with. On top of which it's awful. Dity old town is about Salford outside Manchester and not Dublin. It was made popular by Luke Kelly and the Dubliners. I's a great folk song, just not one for Rugby games. Simple is key. "Stand up for the Ulsterman", "Ici ici Montferrand" the name but two very simple and highly effective crowd galvanizing chants. "We are Leinster" could work very well. I agree it would be better to come from the stands. But a little conditioning from Bob Conway of such a simple chant could work a treat.
scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

Instead of Bob Conway maybe we get a group of Indonesian cheerleaders to sing "We love you Leinster we do - Oh Leinster we love you2 :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57XW851cnQg
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Maybe we could concentrate on people not giving me filthies when I dare to make any noise first.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Degz wrote:Maybe we could concentrate on people not giving me filthies when I dare to make any noise first.
Are you one of those people that also stands up at various points of the match?

You should be banned!
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Degz wrote:Maybe we could concentrate on people not giving me filthies when I dare to make any noise first.
Hush up! I can't see the game through my monocle with all this racket you're making.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

The Donnybrook hush is not what it was since we moved to this new place - I miss the good old days
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

When Isa left us he also took away one of our favorite chants...."ISA,ISA,ISA"
We only have, "Lenstur,Lentsur", "Come on ye boys in blue", and Molly. So losing the ISA chant is almost as bad as losing the lad himself! (exaggeration)
We need a suitable replacement. The new candidate needs to have a conducive name, "Gopperth, Gopperth, Gopperth" for example just wont fly no matter how well he plays.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Simple is always good if you want it to catch on. The ISA chant is the best example. We are leinster could well work.

How about clap clap leinster. You have to trey and imagine thousands doing it together and it is so simple it should move around the stadium organically.