Healy

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

the-goon
Beginner

Healy

Post by the-goon »

Just heard he is out of the tour. How long is out for?

There are far more important competitions ahead than the lions.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Healy

Post by Darce »

Ankle ligaments would usually be 4 to 6 weeks presuming you don't need surgical intervention.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

shame for healy bigger shame for the lions he is a top class player would have made a big impact on the test team.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Obviously he will be gutted but on the flipside he gets a much needed summer break. Should hopefully be back fighting fit come September.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

the-goon wrote:Just heard he is out of the tour. How long is out for?

Not sure the player would agree with that right now - Lions is an honour they cherish and i'm gutted for him, and gutted that I wont be seeing him bulldozing the Ozzies down the pitch as that was something I was looking forward to
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

silver lining is he loses/doesnt gain more appeal to french clubs :)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

simonokeeffe wrote:silver lining is he loses/doesnt gain more appeal to french clubs :)
He signed a three year central contract. The French can't get him for a long time.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

simonokeeffe wrote:silver lining is he loses/doesnt gain more appeal to french clubs :)

I'd like to think the IRFU had learnt their lesson on that one now - but actually, maybe i'm giving them far too much credit!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ah lads was clutching at straws
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

mikey wrote:

I'd like to think the IRFU had learnt their lesson on that one now - but actually, maybe i'm giving them far too much credit!
What, that they can cut costs by not paying the wages of players from non-priority provinces in order to return other provinces to profitability?
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

I would imagine that he will be out for longer with his shoulder than his ankle. He had a surgery scheduled for after Lions, will be moved up now.
gleesonisgod
Mullet

Post by gleesonisgod »

Cian Healy would beg to differ. Rugby existed before Sky Sports and the Heineken cup. The Lions is the ultimate honour for a player.
I like to think of Jesus like with giant eagles wings, and singin' lead vocals for Lynyrd Skynyrd with like an angel band and I'm in the front row and I'm hammered drunk!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

gleesonisgod wrote:

Cian Healy would beg to differ. Rugby existed before Sky Sports and the Heineken cup. The Lions is the ultimate honour for a player.
Winning a world cup is ahead
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

OLSC legends tshirt way ahead
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

ronk wrote:
gleesonisgod wrote:

Winning a world cup is ahead
It wasn't to Phil Vickery. Even Wilko said the Heineken Cup was bigger than the Rugby World Cup.

Anyway, these comparisons are worthless. Some players say it's the pinnacle, other speak very, very highly of the Lions. Doesn't matter. Everyone who goes values it above most of their careers highlights. That's all that matters.
FrankBurke
Mullet

Post by FrankBurke »

simonokeeffe wrote:OLSC legends tshirt way ahead
Its the ultimate honour!
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Being serious for a moment, the Heineken Cup has to way up there in terms of importance to a player because in the Northern Hemisphere it is the ultimate club honour and your club is where you train week in, week out, and probably where your closest rugby friends are. In terms of representative honours it's a tough call for NH players in the British Isles because of the history of the Lions, but for everyone else the World Cup has to be the ultimate accolade. The SH players care about Lions series because they only come around every 12 years but aside from that it is a bit of a circus and beating what is effectively a scratch side that has been together six/seven weeks cannot be regarded as that significant, even if it is theoretically the cream of British and Irish rugby.
Four Stars
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

They are all important. The HC is big because it is for your club with your friends and the rugby you get to play is exciting. The World cup is the international holy grail. The lions is important because of the history and because it validates your place in the game. If you make the team you are at the top in these islands.

The six nations could be better if they gave bonus points. The honors available are the triple crown, the championship and the grand slam. That is the order of importance from my point of view.
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Lar wrote:Being serious for a moment, the Heineken Cup has to way up there in terms of importance to a player because in the Northern Hemisphere it is the ultimate club honour and your club is where you train week in, week out, and probably where your closest rugby friends are. In terms of representative honours it's a tough call for NH players in the British Isles because of the history of the Lions, but for everyone else the World Cup has to be the ultimate accolade. The SH players care about Lions series because they only come around every 12 years but aside from that it is a bit of a circus and beating what is effectively a scratch side that has been together six/seven weeks cannot be regarded as that significant, even if it is theoretically the cream of British and Irish rugby.
The HC is not as important to French, English, Welsh, Scottish or Italian teams as it is to us. For a multitude of different reasons.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Alternative Ulster wrote:
Lar wrote:Being serious for a moment, the Heineken Cup has to way up there in terms of importance to a player because in the Northern Hemisphere it is the ultimate club honour and your club is where you train week in, week out, and probably where your closest rugby friends are. In terms of representative honours it's a tough call for NH players in the British Isles because of the history of the Lions, but for everyone else the World Cup has to be the ultimate accolade. The SH players care about Lions series because they only come around every 12 years but aside from that it is a bit of a circus and beating what is effectively a scratch side that has been together six/seven weeks cannot be regarded as that significant, even if it is theoretically the cream of British and Irish rugby.
The HC is not as important to French, English, Welsh, Scottish or Italian teams as it is to us. For a multitude of different reasons.
Disagree. HEC is huge in France. Its also very big in England. It is rightly regarded as a step up from winning both the AP or Top 14 although naturally they are each very important. Just because it is not realistic to see a Welsh, Scottish or Italian side winning the HEC in the foreseeable future (Eng and Fr withdrawal threats aside) doesn't mean they don't regard it as the most important club competition in European Rugby.
Four Stars