OLSC Thanks

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mikey
Rhys Ruddock

OLSC Thanks

Post by mikey »

I thought that a public note of thanks should go to everyone involved in the OLSC for all the work they have done for the fans this season, and every season, and what a season......We are just back home after that amazing win - still on a high if not rather knackered now!!

I thought it was both appropriate and moving that Isa and Joe were honoured on behalf of the supporters yesterday - frankly did not want to see Isa leave the field - if only we could have had that 1 more year from him too!!!

It has been an amazing season, and we still have the Lions to come - watching 6 Leinster Lions will be such an honour, and how amazing to have 3 trophies too - and to have completed a European and League double to boot, not to mention the A team success.

Knowing some of the folks involved in the committee as I do, I know the vast amount of work and effort that goes in behind the scenes and without that effort and dedication the fan experiences both home and away would be the poorer. I suspect that a lot of what you do goes unthanked, but i'd like to say that it is noticed, and it is all very much appreciated.

:green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: OLSC Thanks

Post by Donny B. »

Yes thanks, did a great job with the flags that looked amazing!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

A great job all season. Well done to all involved.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Absolutely. A big effort from those involved. Much appreciated.
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Great job once again.
The French are predictably unpredictable
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Well said Mikey. Thanks a million folks for all the work you've done this season. :clap: :clap: :clap:
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

good work guys
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

mikey wrote:I thought that a public note of thanks should go to everyone involved in the OLSC for all the work they have done for the fans this season, and every season, and what a season......We are just back home after that amazing win - still on a high if not rather knackered now!!

I thought it was both appropriate and moving that Isa and Joe were honoured on behalf of the supporters yesterday - frankly did not want to see Isa leave the field - if only we could have had that 1 more year from him too!!!

It has been an amazing season, and we still have the Lions to come - watching 6 Leinster Lions will be such an honour, and how amazing to have 3 trophies too - and to have completed a European and League double to boot, not to mention the A team success.

Knowing some of the folks involved in the committee as I do, I know the vast amount of work and effort that goes in behind the scenes and without that effort and dedication the fan experiences both home and away would be the poorer. I suspect that a lot of what you do goes unthanked, but i'd like to say that it is noticed, and it is all very much appreciated.

:green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap: :green clap:
+1,000. Great and innovative work all season. Thanks for every thing.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Appreciate all the effort everyone. :happy clapper:
Flying wedge
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

There's a guy that was there yesterday, I'm sure he posts here, that wears blue facepaint. An absolute legend.

I've seen him doing Trojan work all season, small things like organising the big flag yesterday. All in good spirits, all for his team.

Along with Aisling O'Connor (I'm sure she posts here too), whom I know from Twitter, and so many others, they make me so proud to be a Leinster man.

Thanks lads and lassies.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

:clap:
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Aisling and all the OLSC team are well appreciated throughout the Squad and behind the scenes. The words from Joe, Leo and Jenno are not just blowing smoke...., a number of the players remark regularly how smart are the supporters reactions to the tempo and events on the pitch. The cacophony yesterday when we went in search of our second try was a case in point and was a real indication of what an enormous advantage it is to play at home in front of such great fans.

BTW, the Ulster players also appreciated the round of applause given to them by the Terrace dwellers as they headed off the pitch - a touch of class.

Well done OLSC - yet again. Enjoy your break and see you at the warm-up games in August
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Adding my applause for sterling work done again by the OLSC committee (and few volunteers). It's a thankless job, at the best of times, so well done to y'all; and, of course, thanks!
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Agree with all the above. An awful lot of work is being done by a few very dedicated volunteers and it adds to the enjoyment of most spectators over the season.

Well done all.
A proud Winsome Fluter
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Agree 100%, OLSC stepped it up big time this season, from their already extremely good levels. Decking of streets in flags and the flags in the stand and the gesture to the lads leaving, it was all very well handled and executed and did the fans a great service. Thank you one and all!
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
shark_sandwich
Beginner

Post by shark_sandwich »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Aisling and all the OLSC team are well appreciated throughout the Squad and behind the scenes. The words from Joe, Leo and Jenno are not just blowing smoke...., a number of the players remark regularly how smart are the supporters reactions to the tempo and events on the pitch. The cacophony yesterday when we went in search of our second try was a case in point and was a real indication of what an enormous advantage it is to play at home in front of such great fans.

BTW, the Ulster players also appreciated the round of applause given to them by the Terrace dwellers as they headed off the pitch - a touch of class.

Well done OLSC - yet again. Enjoy your break and see you at the warm-up games in August
Couldn't agree more - Great work being done by the supporters club making the club feel inclusive. Also Was just saying something similar in a thread on the Heineken Cup Final - the majority of Leinster fans read game so well and use their support to make a difference when the team need it most.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Can't really add to all that's been said above but to endorse it all........those who volounteer on behalf of the club do so in a wholly unselfish manner and their sacrifice(s) are appreciated.........
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

Super work, well done to all the hard working volunteers..
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Thank you people for all the work you do. :clap: :clap: :clap:
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Rarely in the course of human affairs has so much, been done for so many, by so few, with never a word of complaint.

Takes a special kind of person.