Donal Lenihan

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Donal Lenihan

Post by Logorrhea »

Never has an ex-international been given so many opportunities to prove he has no idea what's going on. Surely he's worth a thread of his own?

Praising Munster's brilliant disruption of Leinsters lineout, without realising Varley was the one throwing the ball in. Even after the replay!
Another was his theory that Quin Roux, who was earlier seen struggling to walk, was taken off because of Munsters dominant lineout. A lineout that had by that early stage, coughed up two crooked throws of their own.
Restating Downeys "right to stand there" ignoring the step he takes to his left to take BOD out.

Seriously, he clearly has no ability to process whats happening on the pitch. How in gods name does he still get a gig commentating.
slum
Mullet

Re: Donal Lenihan

Post by slum »

I think he's tremendous.
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

He's a complete Langer.... end of
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

I know we have three threads talking about what idiots those two are, but just to reiterate:
sid wrote:Lenihan is one absolute tool.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Logorrhea wrote:Never has an ex-international been given so many opportunities to prove he has no idea what's going on. Surely he's worth a thread of his own?

Praising Munster's brilliant disruption of Leinsters lineout, without realising Varley was the one throwing the ball in. Even after the replay!
Another was his theory that Quin Roux, who was earlier seen struggling to walk, was taken off because of Munsters dominant lineout. A lineout that had by that early stage, coughed up two crooked throws of their own.
Restating Downeys "right to stand there" ignoring the step he takes to his left to take BOD out.

Seriously, he clearly has no ability to process whats happening on the pitch. How in gods name does he still get a gig commentating.
I thought I had heard him actually "identify" Laulala originally instead of Downey.....like it'd be easy to mix the two up. Absolutely shocking "analysis"....
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

I don't think Lenihan is the worst of the Cork Con commentators by any means.

I'll take the Tremenjus Moustache any day of the week over Frankie 'Man of the Match award goes to ... my client' Sheehan or Ralph 'But for me, the Man of the Match has to be Ronan O'Gara' Keyes. Maybe that's just me.

Yeah, he got a few things wrong today and he showed a Munster lean, but he's Munster through-and-through and it's difficult to be totally neutral in those situations. I felt that he made a bit of an effort not to be completely one-eyed when he remembered himself.

Unfortunately, I don't really expect anything better from RTE these days. Their coverage of the Pro12 is so half-assed it's a wonder that they bothered to bid for it. It's rumoured that Sky might step in for the Pro12 rights, and if they do half as good a job as they've done with the AP, it'll be a huge improvement.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I'm normally a fan but his "look at munster upsetting the Leinster lineout" on munster's throw. And then repeating it while watching the replay was among my favourite moments in the match. Absolutely absurd. He sounded like he has lost it.

Still better than Frankie obviously, but so is a vuvuzela choir, and there's no need for that nonsense.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

I don't think anyone beats Frankie for general "clown-ness"...
Dont Panic!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

He's pretty awful. Almost seems like he's not paying full attention to the match at times. Regularly misses big events or gets thing horribly wrong.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

slum wrote:I think he's tremendous.
Absolutely.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Funny how the six day turnaround only gets mentioned 90 seconds after BOD's try.
Clearly everything was tremenjus up to that point.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
illthinkofsomething
Bookworm

Post by illthinkofsomething »

Lets not forget Ryle nugent the children's tv presenter who has risen tro dedication and bloody hard work (and a stint on the 'Rock u13 Cs) to becom head of sport in RTE
2009 2011 2012
Lions me hole, I have no interest in watching Irishmen getting injured playing for England in Welsh shirts....it has a ring of the Somme to it
DartVader
Bookworm

Post by DartVader »

fourthirtythree wrote:I'm normally a fan but his "look at munster upsetting the Leinster lineout" on munster's throw. And then repeating it while watching the replay was among my favourite moments in the match. Absolutely absurd. He sounded like he has lost it.
Have to say, I seen this line out, heard the commentary had a :shock: look on my face, seen the reply, heard Lenihan expand on his commentary point about Munster disrupting the Leinster lineout, momentarily considered whether I had hallucinations and then had a proper Laugh out loud moment. Classic RTE really!
My god though, Ryle Nugent just grates on me. I'd keep Lenihan if I could get rid of him!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

from RTE's pov if commentator is a Blackrock boy then colour commentator would have to be Munster (re this fixture)

still as head of RTE Sport you have to imagine Ryle has big say in who gets the gig
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

He spells Domhnall incorrectly :D
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

when you look like Tom Selleck with road frontage you dont need to be able to spell
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
sunshiner
Bookworm

Post by sunshiner »

Who Consigliere Don Lenihan of the Cork Con Mafia showing a Munster Bias?! Never...

That said compared to Don George Hook and Capo Frankie Sheahan he ain't the worst.