Leinster Racist Fans ?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Leinster Racist Fans ?

Post by bails »

Wasps Fans Forum DrunkenWaspafans.com has a thread accusing Leinster Fans in The IPA Green Terrace of making monkey chants whenever Christian Wade touched the ball.

I was in the terrace and I am genuinely upset by that anti Irish rhetoric. They was no racist chanting just as there never is at Leinster games

Maybe others who were there would post on the Wasps site expressing our outrage at such lies

Why am I not surprised ?
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Racist Fans ?

Post by AdamK »

This was already discussed tbh. He's probably just a troll.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Here is the link

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 307,page=2

Please let them know we ain't no racists
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

A very similar post appeared after the Munster-quins game too. Munster fans falling about the place drunk while making monkey chants at black players. it was followed by the usual racist slurs. Ignore it, don't open a tread about it.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

blockhead wrote:A very similar post appeared after the Munster-quins game too. Munster fans falling about the place drunk while making monkey chants at black players. it was followed by the usual racist slurs. Ignore it, don't open a tread about it.
Hold on! We don't ignore it until we prove it false. Once we do, we nail the troll who perpetrated it. Then we ignore it....! To be fair, the match thread fairly well did that already.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

artaneboy wrote:
blockhead wrote:A very similar post appeared after the Munster-quins game too. Munster fans falling about the place drunk while making monkey chants at black players. it was followed by the usual racist slurs. Ignore it, don't open a tread about it.
Hold on! We don't ignore it until we prove it false. Once we do, we nail the troll who perpetrated it. Then we ignore it....! To be fair, the match thread fairly well did that already.
How would ya do that A-boy? How could you possibly prove that a poster is lying? Shouldn't the burden of proof be on the accuser? I will ignore all such claims until there is proof or reasonable evidence to back it up.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I feel disgusted by some of the comments on that thread.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

artaneboy wrote:
BTW, how do you "nail the troll"?
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

I hear you're a racist now Leinster?!
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

I hear the 2013/14 supporters gear is pretty snazzy.

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

ceemec wrote:I hear the 2013/14 supporters gear is pretty snazzy.

That will never work for me too much red, almost as bad as those bloody ponchos!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

RoboProp wrote:

That will never work for me too much red, almost as bad as those bloody ponchos!
And those pointy hats would make moaners behind you even more annoyed.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

blockhead wrote:
RoboProp wrote:

And those pointy hats would make moaners behind you even more annoyed.
The covered face thingy has potential though... ideal for pen thieves.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

The posters who believe this to be true have been called out on the site, by fellow Wasps fans, as clearly having misheard/making up absoloute BS. Their fans are doing a good job of self-policing. Don't see the need to get involved.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

blockhead wrote:Shouldn't the burden of proof be on the accuser? I will ignore all such claims until there is proof or reasonable evidence to back it up.
Good advice for life that
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Leinster should be a team of white Leinster-born devout Irish Catholics. Foreigners are not welcome at our house. Immigration is a problem. We don't accept people from outside the 12 counties. Nor do we tolerate Protestants, Jews or people of another faiths. Boggers not from Offaly or Laois should go home. We don't like Asians, Africans, people of mixed race and those of Latino descent. Homosexuals are also forbidden. Nor anyone who looks weird. We also don't tolerate anyone who doesn't have a southside or quasi southside accent.

My two favourite players, by the way, are Isa Nacewa from Navan and Mike Ross from Malahide.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Up here in Ulster we went through a bout of that, in a London Irish match Delon Armitage said Matt McCullough made racist remarks, went to a hearing and Matt was cleared, their coach made similar claims about the fans, never was substantiated either, then Aled Brew made similar claims about fans when we shouted "dodgy, dodgy kicker" at him after he sliced a kick, work out yourself what he thought we said, they had complained to league and put in press but when confronted by Ulster backed down.
If it's just on a forum then it's probably a troll, if it goes to press Leinster need to confront the issue to either clear the supporters or if true ban them from ticket purchase. In future, pretty near impossible to do but at least make the gesture.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

rooster wrote:Up here in Ulster we went through a bout of that, in a London Irish match Delon Armitage said Matt McCullough made racist remarks, went to a hearing and Matt was cleared, their coach made similar claims about the fans, never was substantiated either, then Aled Brew made similar claims about fans when we shouted "dodgy, dodgy kicker" at him after he sliced a kick, work out yourself what he thought we said, they had complained to league and put in press but when confronted by Ulster backed down.
If it's just on a forum then it's probably a troll, if it goes to press Leinster need to confront the issue to either clear the supporters or if true ban them from ticket purchase. In future, pretty near impossible to do but at least make the gesture.
London Irish, taking time out of their busy schedule of making up claims of gouging against Shane Jennings.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Is calling Delon Armitage "a focking w&%ker of the highest order " racist? If so, I may have a problem.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

tackle-bag wrote:London Irish, taking time out of their busy schedule of making up claims of gouging against Shane Jennings.
Didn't happen that way though did it. Even Nick Kennedy himself testified that it wasnt a gouge.