Leinster Racist Fans ?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Racist Fans ?

Post by domhnallj »

Logorrhea wrote:
tackle-bag wrote:London Irish, taking time out of their busy schedule of making up claims of gouging against Shane Jennings.
Didn't happen that way though did it. Even Nick Kennedy himself testified that it wasnt a gouge.
You wouldn't have thought so at the time.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

blockhead wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
blockhead wrote:A very similar post appeared after the Munster-quins game too. Munster fans falling about the place drunk while making monkey chants at black players. it was followed by the usual racist slurs. Ignore it, don't open a tread about it.
Hold on! We don't ignore it until we prove it false. Once we do, we nail the troll who perpetrated it. Then we ignore it....! To be fair, the match thread fairly well did that already.
BTW, how do you "nail the troll"?
It's not that hard. It was a televised match with those microphone things there also I believe. Is there any evidence of this chants on the recording? No- well then he is probably lying! Post that and challenge him to come back with evidence. When he doesn't make it clear he was a troll and those who supported him are very silly boys (and girls)!!
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Logorrhea wrote:
tackle-bag wrote:London Irish, taking time out of their busy schedule of making up claims of gouging against Shane Jennings.
Didn't happen that way though did it. Even Nick Kennedy himself testified that it wasnt a gouge.
I'm open to correction, but I'm pretty sure they made a huge song and dance about it during the game and post-match interviews. It wasn't until the actual hearing that they accepted that it wasn't an intentional act. I don't think Jennings would ever have been cited, and certainly not found guilty, but for the conduct of Kennedy and Booth in the immediate aftermath of the incident.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

blockhead wrote:
RoboProp wrote:
ceemec wrote:I hear the 2013/14 supporters gear is pretty snazzy.

That will never work for me too much red, almost as bad as those bloody ponchos!
And those pointy hats would make moaners behind you even more annoyed.
Do those moaners behind you follow you around? :wink:
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

tackle-bag wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
I'm open to correction, but I'm pretty sure they made a huge song and dance about it during the game and post-match interviews. It wasn't until the actual hearing that they accepted that it wasn't an intentional act. I don't think Jennings would ever have been cited, and certainly not found guilty, but for the conduct of Kennedy and Booth in the immediate aftermath of the incident.
Certainly Kennedy! All mock 'soccer-style' outrage. Don't remember Booth saying too much.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

tackle-bag wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
Sorry- double post. Bloody phone!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

tackle-bag wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
Kennedy rolling around on the ground, shouting at the ref and pointing to his eyes didn't help. Presumably he was embarrassed about his behaviour and then testified differently.
Dont Panic!
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Help.

Really enjoyed my last trip in Dublin, but...
I forgot my yellow blue robe at the hotel.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

The not nots did themselves no favours over the Jennings incident. If you are going to claim something happened, make sure it did happen. Kennedy showed his true colours that night rolling around and claiming to the ref that he had been gouged. LI were jumped up and completely out of their depth in that H Cup

I'm sure u remember 10 days before the return fixture they moved it from Reading to Twickenham, without a thought for the fans who had made expensive plans for Reading. Then at Twickenham they had issued reserved seats then on the day made it an unreserved stand causing mayhem

I for one lost all respect for LI after the Jennings issue and then the Twickenham shambles. I couldn't care whether they implode into an amateur club, as all they seem to have done lately is breed scumbags like Kennedy and Delon Armitage never mind that thug of a number 8

They do nothing for Irish Rugby so why care about them
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

bails wrote:The not nots did themselves no favours over the Jennings incident. If you are going to claim something happened, make sure it did happen. Kennedy showed his true colours that night rolling around and claiming to the ref that he had been gouged. LI were jumped up and completely out of their depth in that H Cup

I'm sure u remember 10 days before the return fixture they moved it from Reading to Twickenham, without a thought for the fans who had made expensive plans for Reading. Then at Twickenham they had issued reserved seats then on the day made it an unreserved stand causing mayhem

I for one lost all respect for LI after the Jennings issue and then the Twickenham shambles. I couldn't care whether they implode into an amateur club, as all they seem to have done lately is breed scumbags like Kennedy and Delon Armitage never mind that thug of a number 8

It's taken about 5 years, but finally someone who agrees with me! :D
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

VGE wrote:Help.

Really enjoyed my last trip in Dublin, but...
I forgot my yellow blue robe at the hotel.

Au revoir.
:lol: Bien joué VGE!
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

bails wrote:The not nots did themselves no favours over the Jennings incident. If you are going to claim something happened, make sure it did happen. Kennedy showed his true colours that night rolling around and claiming to the ref that he had been gouged. LI were jumped up and completely out of their depth in that H Cup

Do your Far Eastern contacts tell you anything abouta syndicate of Tyoko rugby fans taking a controlling share in the our 'friends' and changing the focus to include more of their countrymen (a la Saracens) and changing the name to London Japanese? Just wondered.... 8)
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

To be fair to them, yes they did switch the game to Twickenham at a ridiculously late date but they also arranged free transport to and from the game for any of our supporters who had already booked hotels in Reading.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Xanthippe wrote:
To be fair to them, yes they did switch the game to Twickenham at a ridiculously late date but they also arranged free transport to and from the game for any of our supporters who had already booked hotels in Reading.
It's a bit worrying that I can't remember LI switching the game.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

bails wrote:Wasps Fans Forum DrunkenWaspafans.com has a thread accusing Leinster Fans in The IPA Green Terrace of making monkey chants whenever Christian Wade touched the ball.

I was in the terrace and I am genuinely upset by that anti Irish rhetoric. They was no racist chanting just as there never is at Leinster games

Maybe others who were there would post on the Wasps site expressing our outrage at such lies

Why am I not surprised ?

Jesus fella, did you really have to put that thread title up?
3 Gold Stars
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

suisse wrote:Leinster should be a team of white Leinster-born devout Irish Catholics. Foreigners are not welcome at our house. Immigration is a problem. We don't accept people from outside the 12 counties. Nor do we tolerate Protestants, Jews or people of another faiths. Boggers not from Offaly or Laois should go home. We don't like Asians, Africans, people of mixed race and those of Latino descent. Homosexuals are also forbidden. Nor anyone who looks weird. We also don't tolerate anyone who doesn't have a southside or quasi southside accent.

My two favourite players, by the way, are Isa Nacewa from Navan and Mike Ross from Malahide.
Well Leo is still there....just sayin' :mullet 1:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Is this the same London Irish who were incredibly unlucky to get knocked out in a semi final by ST?

As for doing nothing for Irish rugby......is this also the same London Irish that had no funding whatsoever from the IRFU and who had the IRFU say that if any Irish player played for them that they would automatically have less chance of making the Ireland team? And is this the same London Irish club that had provided an absolute stack of players for Ireland over the years.

I coach a club mini team and every year London Irish send over 3 teams of kids almost entirely comprised of kids of Irish emigrants. The soul of the amateur club is very much Irish.

Indeed, London Irish have done more for Irish rugby than pretty much any non provincial club on the planet and they got a kick in the teeth from the IRFU for their trouble. And as an Irish emigrant in the 1990's they provided a place for me to go and play a bit of rugby and a make friends.

As for scumbag nick Kennedy..... He runs a business set up to given profits to clothe children in Africa. Some scumbag he is. Personally i wish there were more scumbags like him.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Flash Gordon wrote:

Is this the same London Irish who were incredibly unlucky to get knocked out in a semi final by ST?

As for doing nothing for Irish rugby......is this also the same London Irish that had no funding whatsoever from the IRFU and who had the IRFU say that if any Irish player played for them that they would automatically have less chance of making the Ireland team? And is this the same London Irish club that had provided an absolute stack of players for Ireland over the years.

I coach a club mini team and every year London Irish send over 3 teams of kids almost entirely comprised of kids of Irish emigrants. The soul of the amateur club is very much Irish.

Indeed, London Irish have done more for Irish rugby than pretty much any non provincial club on the planet and they got a kick in the teeth from the IRFU for their trouble. And as an Irish emigrant in the 1990's they provided a place for me to go and play a bit of rugby and a make friends.

As for scumbag nick Kennedy..... He runs a business set up to given profits to clothe children in Africa. Some scumbag he is. Personally i wish there were more scumbags like him.

Some good points, I don't dispute that the amateur club have provided great opportunities for Irish emigrants. It's the professional side of the Club I detest. They don't give a monkeys about fans, moving to Reading . In our case they switched the game to Twickenham and didn't care about the consequences. I don't remember free buses all I can remember is 6 of us losing £100 each on a prepaid hotel.

As for scumbags, Kennedy postured that he wanted to play for Ireland but when push came to shove he only wanted to use Ireland to play international rugby. Same with Geraghty and Danaher. Despite Kennedys charity work his performance in the Jennings issue was that of a scumbag, he effectively got an Innocent fellow pro a 6 month ban. Then he tried to change his story, thanks mate

Anyone who was in Donnybrook August 209 for the Leinster London Irish friendly knows what a boorish set of yobs Irish are. Probably cause we were drawn in the same Heineken Group they came to intimidate us as a club, the players were rude to spectators, they were problems with facilities provided to them and they were filthy on the pitch. Delon Armitages unprovoked attack on Niall Morris was sheer thuggery

So I stand over my comments about the professional arm of London Irish and I really could not care if they are relegated this year
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

bails wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Some good points, I don't dispute that the amateur club have provided great opportunities for Irish emigrants. It's the professional side of the Club I detest. They don't give a monkeys about fans, moving to Reading . In our case they switched the game to Twickenham and didn't care about the consequences. I don't remember free buses all I can remember is 6 of us losing £100 each on a prepaid hotel.

As for scumbags, Kennedy postured that he wanted to play for Ireland but when push came to shove he only wanted to use Ireland to play international rugby. Same with Geraghty and Danaher. Despite Kennedys charity work his performance in the Jennings issue was that of a scumbag, he effectively got an Innocent fellow pro a 6 month ban. Then he tried to change his story, thanks mate

Anyone who was in Donnybrook August 209 for the Leinster London Irish friendly knows what a boorish set of yobs Irish are. Probably cause we were drawn in the same Heineken Group they came to intimidate us as a club, the players were rude to spectators, they were problems with facilities provided to them and they were filthy on the pitch. Delon Armitages unprovoked attack on Niall Morris was sheer thuggery

So I stand over my comments about the professional arm of London Irish and I really could not care if they are relegated this year
Listen lads, sweeping characterisations are the cancer of forums such as this. I have no problem with LI as a Club and I would like to think it could still have some real involvement in the Irish rugby scene. But they made a pragmatic strategic decision to go a different way over a decade ago. The ineffable Clive Woodward led that move and the counterfeit Irishmen Brian Smith built on it. Nothing wrong with the decision. It made sense financially and in terms of the Erick term development. But there are consequences and I don't see LI as having any hold on our affections now above even the likes of Leicster. The behaviour of Delion Armitage doesn't help...
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

tackle-bag wrote:
I'm open to correction, but I'm pretty sure they made a huge song and dance about it during the game
Not unless you count pointing repeatedly at his eye to the ref a song and dance (both eyes, that is, at alternate times)
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4