Holy Saturday it's Leinster V Ulster Batman!

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

elfan
Knowledgeable

Re: Holy Saturday it's Leinster V Ulster Batman!

Post by elfan »

Thanks . We could do with him. This is a bigger match than next week IMO. Good to hear hes not inured though.
elfan
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

If anything it strikes me as odd that Heaslip, ever present in the 6N, and Ross - fairly flogged also - are released to us.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

fourthirtythree wrote:If anything it strikes me as odd that Heaslip, ever present in the 6N, and Ross - fairly flogged also - are released to us.
Struck me as odd also but good for us all the same :D
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Offiah
Bookworm

Post by Offiah »

Cianostays wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:If anything it strikes me as odd that Heaslip, ever present in the 6N, and Ross - fairly flogged also - are released to us.
Struck me as odd also but good for us all the same :D
Cos we won't flog them.
They probably need a pick me up and some good rugby after being in the Irish camp
The Overseer
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I'd say that Heaslip and Jeno will be expected to last 80. Ross.... not so much.
PCASEY
Knowledgeable

Post by PCASEY »

simonokeeffe wrote:READ CONOR GEORGE TODAY ON THIS MATCH AND MADIGAN V JACKSON ITS FREAKIN HILARIOUS

we have an "intimidating glow"
we have recalled ALL our internationals (only missing SOB, BOD, Ferg, Luke, Reddan, Sexton)

"Ulster are also looking particularly healthy. John Afoa is back in New Zealand for the birth of his child and Luke Marshall is still recovering from concussion." (no mention of DF, Fez, Bowe, Wallace, that theyre missing their first 3 tighthead props, first 2 inside centres)

calls Madigan erratic
calls Madigan class in a different article
calls Brian O'Meara former Ireland & Leinster outhalf (ignores his Munster credits too)
calls Sexton ROG rivalry something future generations will talk about (despite Sexton only ever being dropped for ROG once after his first cap) "O'Gara was unchallenged as first-choice pivot until 2010, when Jonathan Sexton started eyeing his shirt."
manages to write a Madigan v Jackson article that is mostly about how Jackson shouldn't have leapfrogged ROG
I like this type of post, I get all the laughs without having to give the indo a click and go through the pain of reading the full article.... :clap:
Ulster's Best
Bookworm

Post by Ulster's Best »

Haven't got round to posting for months but just to say here's hoping for a good game tonight with no fresh injuries for either of our teams.

Great to see a few more Ulster bodies back ahead of Europe next week but still think we'll be up against it away from home against a form side seeking revenge and given our prolonged slump. Quite a few of our guys can't be match fit and rusty combos could struggle.

At this stage we're still without the two Lions (Bowe and Ferris), first THREE tight-head props (Afoa, Fitzpatrick, Macklin), first THREE inside centres (Wallace, Marshall, Farrell), reserve loosehead Paddy McAllister, reserve fullback Adam D'Arcy and reserve openside Sean Doyle but that's still looking a lot better than feared.

Some concerns re Muller hamstring - and we definitely need him to organise lineouts with Toner a threat - and the rookie Lutton making his debut at tighthead against Healy.

But you're missing a few as well and with stronger sides out than most times for interpros between us and plenty to play for it should hopefully be a good one.

Can't get to it myself this time but for everyone who is going - enjoy! Conditions should be good for rugby.
thepunter
Bookworm

Post by thepunter »

while Leinster were a bit lucky last week I think they have this one in the bag. Ulster have the big game next week, and three handy games left in the league to ensure there's playoff rugby. Lack of an overwhelming Leinster bench will probably mean it's tight enough come 80 minutes though.
dropkickrugby.com/forum, Us lot bet on rugby
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Windeos wrote: On a side note, a few people have said about Olding being a weak link potentially. Olding, since he came into the team, has been very solid for us and one of the best performers as of late. He looks like he's very quick and light on his feet, with a good pass and a good tackler. He could be real competition for Jackson at 10 soon along with the potential coming home next season of McKinney.

Going to be a really fun game to watch. It's sad how few times we get to see the best players from each province playing each other so we should savour the moment here lol
I've been very impressed with Olding. He looks a class player and will put Jackson under pressure in a season or two though I'm not sure which is his best position yet.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Have to say I'm looking forward to this game tonight. Munster did us no favours last night, there season will be over by next weekend now, so would have hoped they could have made a better attempt to keep some hope alive in the Pro12, but Glasgow have put serious pressure on us now.

With their points difference and run in (home to Ospreys and away to Scarlets and Connacht) I think they have the advantage now for top spot, even if we win tonight, we have Munster away (unlikely to fold so easily at home and against arch rivals, especially as their season will be over, that'll be their cup final - try to hurt Leinster) Zebre away and Ospreys at home, slightly trickier imo.

A very unlikely (imho) bonus point win tonight would pull it back to a 50/50 race for top spot.

Most looking forward to seeing Macken at 13 in a strong lineup. Hope he has a stormer.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

Just for reference if two teams are tied on points the first tiebreaker is the number of matches won. If we win tonight we will have more wins than Glasgow putting us ahead of them in the league.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

probably related to Heaslip and Ross having good injury profiles in general plus SOB might have been carrying knocks
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Hurry up. Get to your seats!
DaNotes
Beginner

Post by DaNotes »

any links for the game?
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Darce out ill and Goodman starts. Noel Reid to the bench. Big loss.
jhc99
Knowledgeable

Post by jhc99 »

The BBC website not showing the game, usually they stream the Ulster matches live
In BOD we trust
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

It will be live on RTE player for those within the ROI. For those outside, firstrowsports.eu will more than likely be showing it.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

strong start from ulster, good defence holds them out
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Clancy has warned Strauss and Tuohy already for some kind of messing off the ball......
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......