Thank you Isa

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by hugonaut »

A total boss, contributed a huge amount to Leinster rugby. Thanks Isa!
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwLZaqafa_o

Love that tackle against Toulouse and the try from the kick-off against Ospreys

Thanks Isa, best of luck to you and your family
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

I.left Ireland just after the Europen win in 2009 so I never saw as much of the brilliance u guys saw. But staying up until the most unholy hours to.see this guy.was totally worth it. I saw his try v Leicester in a dodgy love motel. But what I think leinster will miss most is those grey winter nights.when the internationals are away. Nacewa used to talk n guide his inexperienced wingers through a game. U could even see this on a.small PC monitor. No.lecturing. he gave us everything. A brilliant player, one of the very best.

Man crushcrus
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

His tackle on Chabal stands out from all his brilliance and skill for me.Chabal had just dumped Jamie hard and Isa absolutely destyroyed him as if to say you may take our forawrds on but our backs are just as hard.Laid down a marker for that whole game.Thanks ISA and in my opinion the best overseas player ever to play not just in Leinster but in Ireland
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Try V's Leicester ............and everything else.........complete ledgebag...
wetherbydave
Beginner

Post by wetherbydave »

Agree with Leoslovechild, that was everything that encapsulated Isa as a player and my standout moment. Was a joy to watch him play and will be sorely missed thanks Isa
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Terrible news. What an outstanding player and individual, it has been a privilege to see him play here.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

The other hit I remember, was the one on Ashton in the HEC final.

Missed his man earlier on, came back and absolutely smashed him. Ashton limped away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXdlC6vu38w (skip the Jim Carey nonsense for 5 seconds to get to the rugby (actually made me chuckle))
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Logorrhea wrote:The other hit I remember, was the one on Ashton in the HEC final.

Missed his man earlier on, came back and absolutely smashed him. Ashton limped away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXdlC6vu38w (skip the Jim Carey nonsense for 5 seconds to get to the rugby (actually made me chuckle))
Yes one of the best moments in the stadium that day as it looked like Ashton and Foden may have worked a decent move to get them back in contention
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

enby wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwLZaqafa_o

Love that tackle against Toulouse and the try from the kick-off against Ospreys

Thanks Isa, best of luck to you and your family
His feign to land in the corner v scarlets and then taking the ball under the posts...... love it.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

Absolute legend, hero and gentleman. Thanks Isa,

Is he totally done with playing, he's very young is he injured? You'd have thought he'd have at least 3 or 4 seasons left in him
Blue Voodoo
Knowledgeable

Post by Blue Voodoo »

Isa, we will miss you ! you are great ! we loved the way you loved Leinster ,and gave your all.Good luck with your future ,Thank-You
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

lummix wrote:Absolute legend, hero and gentleman. Thanks Isa,

Is he totally done with playing, he's very young is he injured? You'd have thought he'd have at least 3 or 4 seasons left in him
He plays with a tough style that takes a lot out of him. He has one year with us and would have had to up sticks anyway. It's a good wedge of cash but it can't be easy for his wife with 3 kids under 3 and away from her family and friends (and with a busy husband).

Pro rugby is a very demanding sport. Sure you're a long time retired but money isn't everything. If it was to Isa we might well have lost him earlier anyway.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

blockhead wrote:Heino Final-Murrayfield: Last few minutes, a box kick from Leicester drops on their 10m line, Isa has to dive forward onto it only to be engulfed by a bunch of players in green and blue. The commentator says Isa dived on the ball like it was the trophy itself. We retained possession and used up more precious seconds.
It's those moments as much as the try two years later in the QF that mark out the man. I don't want to use the word legend, it's been overused by the turnips to the point of parody but he will never be forgotten by Leinster fans.

what he said....

a Leinster Immortal....
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Legend of a player who is definitely retiring way way too soon. Surprised he wouldnt try pick up a contract back in NZ, Is this partly related to his arm injury?
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Fantastic player, utmost respect for the standards he set and maintained throughout his stay in Ireland. In the discussion regarding his departure on the Connacht forum I refer to him as Leinster's John Langford, which I believe to be fully appropriate.

He set the benchmark for future NIQ's pulling on the Blue jersey...
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

leinster4life13 wrote:Legend of a player who is definitely retiring way way too soon. Surprised he wouldnt try pick up a contract back in NZ, Is this partly related to his arm injury?
I think so. Partly.

Although the search begins now for the neighbour from hell who turned mrs Isa off Ireland.

Hanging's too good for them. :evil:
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Are we losing Isa because of the NIQ policy including or excluding munster props and his not being allowed to renew with us beyond next season?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
wwed
Learner

Post by wwed »

What I will always remember about Isa is the performances he put in at low profile Magners\Rabo games when the international players were away. He carried the team so many times, both through his own individual performance and his leadership of the team.

It's one thing to shine in the big games, but the true mark of the man is how consistently he performed in those games when no one would have blamed him for dropping his standards a bit.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

Thanks Isa. You owe us nothing but we owe you so much. One of the genuine heroes of Leinster rugby.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!