Sneak Peak - RDS Redevelopment Plans

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

naraic
Mullet

Re: Sneak Peak - RDS Redevelopment Plans

Post by naraic »

Mickado wrote:Given that Leinster have signed a 20 year lease on the place is there any chance that any of the cost of redevelopment will be passed onto Leinster? I.e. will tickets prices go up? I know they haven't raised them in a few years.
The current lease has a number of break clauses including one with no penalties.

The RDS want these break clauses written out of the lease if the development goes ahead. I don't know if they also want to vary the rent.
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

The stadium announcer at the Ireland France game said that Sean O'Brien had converted Heaslip's try. I'm sure he would have if Jackson had let him take it.
underpantsdance
Bookworm

Post by underpantsdance »

Edna Kenny wrote:The stadium announcer at the Ireland France game said that Sean O'Brien had converted Heaslip's try. I'm sure he would have if Jackson had let him take it.
Actually it was a composite of the two - Paddy O'Brien. He (very quietly) corrected himself about 2 mins later
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

On not covering the North and South stands: isn't the reason because these are removable.. for the Horse Show? I'm not sure there's a solution to that.
Dont Panic!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Is the Grandstand not removable too?
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

johng wrote:Is the Grandstand not removable too?
The roof is now permanent, AFAIK.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Not being a horsey type I have never been during the horse show. Is the Grandstand still there for it?

Also. Surely it can not be beyond the limits of modern engineering to construct a removable roof?
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

johng wrote:Surely it can not be beyond the limits of modern engineering to construct a removable roof?
Witchcraft!
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

TheBear wrote:
I meant the whole grandstand not just the roof.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

johng wrote:
TheBear wrote:
I didn't answer about the stand, as I'm not sure. Though, if I had to guess, I'd say that if the roof is permanent, the rest of the stand is too.

Of course, if that's not the case, it just goes to show that it's possible to combine a permanent roof with a temporary stand.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

TheBear wrote:I didn't answer about the stand, as I'm not sure. Though, if I had to guess, I'd say that if the roof is permanent, the rest of the stand is too.

Of course, if that's not the case, it just goes to show that it's possible to combine a permanent roof with a temporary stand.
Surely you can't take away the stand and leave the roof there!! :shock:
Engineering must have come on a long way.. :D
Dont Panic!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Dexter wrote:
TheBear wrote:I didn't answer about the stand, as I'm not sure. Though, if I had to guess, I'd say that if the roof is permanent, the rest of the stand is too.

It's very light. Once they have it tethered to stop it flying away it'll be grand!
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

limecat wrote:
Dexter wrote:

It's very light. Once they have it tethered to stop it flying away it'll be grand!
Ahhh... an inflatable roof...brilliant idea, I think we should have those on the north and south stands too!
Dont Panic!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

The grandstand and the roof are separate structures, remember they didn't have permission for the roof initially and we had a year without it? I'm pretty sure the actual stand is much more removeable than the roof. It seems largely indistinguishable from the N & S stands. The structure holding the roof in place is pretty heavy duty (though you could take out the bits between the supports).
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

TheBear wrote:
johng wrote:
TheBear wrote: The roof is now permanent, AFAIK.
I didn't answer about the stand, as I'm not sure. Though, if I had to guess, I'd say that if the roof is permanent, the rest of the stand is too.

Now you're just being silly. :)

They gave us a few quid off the renewal of our ST after the first year because the roof had not been added as promised.

Obviously the Grandstand must be there all year if it has a permanent roof. I was hoping someone who goes to the horse show would confirm that it is there during said event, as I have never been.

I was not sure whether it was just the north and south that they removed
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

The Grandstand is there during the Horsey Horsey.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

johng wrote:
TheBear wrote:
johng wrote:I meant the whole grandstand not just the roof.

Now you're just being silly. :)

They gave us a few quid off the renewal of our ST after the first year because the roof had not been added as promised.

Obviously the Grandstand must be there all year if it has a permanent roof. I was hoping someone who goes to the horse show would confirm that it is there during said event, as I have never been.

In spite of my best efforts to move in the right circles, I don't attend the Horse Show.

Also, though I was clearly not being serious about the grandstand, can someone who knows tell us if it would be possible to erect a freestanding structure, which would act as a roof for the North/South stands, without being part of the same structure? I do know that my serious query may be just as silly as my silly comment, but bear with me, I'm not having a good day.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

a bonus of covering the north and south stands would be it might stop some people from leaving early
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

TheBear wrote:
johng wrote:Now you're just being silly. :)

In spite of my best efforts to move in the right circles, I don't attend the Horse Show.

Also, though I was clearly not being serious about the grandstand, can someone who knows tell us if it would be possible to erect a freestanding structure, which would act as a roof for the North/South stands, without being part of the same structure? I do know that my serious query may be just as silly as my silly comment, but bear with me, I'm not having a good day.
What about the inflatable roof option?
Dont Panic!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dexter wrote:
TheBear wrote:
johng wrote:Now you're just being silly. :)

What about the inflatable roof option?
Like tennis Ireland or The Gym in Leopardstown?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan