22%
Anthony Foley
8%

Total votes: 95

GavinSydney
Beginner

Re: Why Conway should/shouldn't wear blue again

Post by GavinSydney »

You have posted over 20,000 times here, yet it appears you have no understanding of the game. Are you one of these "trolls"?
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Removed
Last edited by munster#1 on February 2nd, 2013, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

munster#1 wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
munster#1 wrote:Insults? Who did i insult?

The "posters on here" who are supposedly insulting Conway so much that the poor wee lamb will never come back to Leinser!

Where exactly is all this vicious abuse that you and the rest of the mob are so upset about?
That's hardly the same as calling someone stupid or a half wit, i am not acting like a child in pointing out how posters are working off no info yet 25% don't want to see him in blue again, 8% think it's a joke.
There are many bad minded posts on here, especially given the lack of info surrounding the transfer.
I do not know the rules of posting on here, and your posts may well be within the rules, but i will ask you as an adult to refrain from personal insults towards me.
If you hate the forum rules, stop coming on here. Please.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Why would i hate the rules? I dislike needless personal insults from people i don't know and who don't know me. in general db comes across as a very level minded poster, so i thought it was worth the while to ask him to stop, regardless of forum rules.

if it is within the rules and people want to act like that then so be it, i will have to get on with it
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

munster#1 wrote: That's hardly the same as calling someone stupid or a half wit, i am not acting like a child in pointing out how posters are working off no info yet 25% don't want to see him in blue again, 8% think it's a joke.
There are many bad minded posts on here, especially given the lack of info surrounding the transfer.
I do not know the rules of posting on here, and your posts may well be within the rules, but i will ask you as an adult to refrain from personal insults towards me.
Comments already retracted before you even posted this comment M1.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

GavinSydney wrote:You have posted over 20,000 times here, yet it appears you have no understanding of the game. Are you one of these "trolls"?
This is the first time you didn't address me as "sunshine"!

By this rate of progress, we'll be firm friends in a few months! :D
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Donny B. wrote:
munster#1 wrote: That's hardly the same as calling someone stupid or a half wit, i am not acting like a child in pointing out how posters are working off no info yet 25% don't want to see him in blue again, 8% think it's a joke.
Comments already retracted before you even posted this comment M1.
Just noticed, i don't know why you retracted them, but thanks and i accept your apology.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Because although I'll disagree with you in many ways, you were respectful in your comments and I should have been in mine.

Sorry, I've been fighting so many battles on here all week, my instant reaction is to hit straight back at anyone having a go.

But when I looked back on my comments, I realised I over-reacted and hence I apologise!
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Donny B. wrote:Because although I'll disagree with you in many ways, you were respectful in your comments and I should have been in mine.

Sorry, I've been fighting so many battles on here all week, my instant reaction is to hit straight back at anyone having a go.

But when I looked back on my comments, I realised I over-reacted and hence I apologise!
Not a bother, no harm done. It takes a big man to admit something like that.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

:lol:
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Oh Look! Low flying toast!
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Hickiefan wrote:Oh Look! Low flying toast!
The question is, will it land butter side up, or down?
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

munster#1 wrote:I really hope that conway reads this thread, because if he does turn out to be a top class player, why the hell would he want to play for a team with supporters like the posters on here, and may well stay with munster for all of his career.

I find it very odd that not a single poster on here has a clue what is actually happening, yet are prepared to slate a young promising player over and over again, and even goes as far to.say he should never wear blue again.
For all ye know leinster have another signing on the way and conway was told he was likely to be behind a long list of players, and unlikely to be good enough. Maybe he had a big fight with a senior player or coach.

What i am saying is, until ye know what actually happened, as leinster fans ye should support leinster and their players. Like the majority are doing with sexton who is leaving for no other reason than money.
Now, seriously munster#1, have you read the Munster fans' forum? I have never seen anything so poisonous in my life. If Conway goes on to have a bad start with your team, you can be sure he'll be subjected to the same level of abuse as Casey Laulala, Sam Tuitoupu and Peter Borlase. What I read on that site about Rob Penney after the WIN in Edinburgh was cringe-worthy and deplorable, and I posted the link on this site (Munster thread). No matter how bad things got for Michael Cheika, the level of outrage was nothing compared to what was written about Tony McGahan, Laurie FIsher and even now, with Mr. Penney. If that is how your fans treat your current and past players and coaches, he is better off moving to England. And, please, don't even try and deny it.

Do you post on mf.com?
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

suisse wrote:
munster#1 wrote:I really hope that conway reads this thread, because if he does turn out to be a top class player, why the hell would he want to play for a team with supporters like the posters on here, and may well stay with munster for all of his career.

I find it very odd that not a single poster on here has a clue what is actually happening, yet are prepared to slate a young promising player over and over again, and even goes as far to.say he should never wear blue again.
For all ye know leinster have another signing on the way and conway was told he was likely to be behind a long list of players, and unlikely to be good enough. Maybe he had a big fight with a senior player or coach.

What i am saying is, until ye know what actually happened, as leinster fans ye should support leinster and their players. Like the majority are doing with sexton who is leaving for no other reason than money.
Now, seriously munster#1, have you read the Munster fans' forum? I have never seen anything so poisonous in my life. If Conway goes on to have a bad start with your team, you can be sure he'll be subjected to the same level of abuse as Casey Laulala, Sam Tuitoupu and Peter Borlase. What I read on that site about Rob Penney after the WIN in Edinburgh was cringe-worthy and deplorable, and I posted the link on this site (Munster thread). No matter how bad things got for Michael Cheika, the level of outrage was nothing compared to what was written about Tony McGahan, Laurie FIsher and even now, with Mr. Penney. If that is how your fans treat your current and past players and coaches, he is better off moving to England. And, please, don't even try and deny it.

Do you post on mf.com?
Most Leinster fans I've seen have been wishing him good look and saying how it could be the right move for him.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Keith wrote:
suisse wrote:

Do you post on mf.com?
Most Leinster fans I've seen have been wishing him good look and saying how it could be the right move for him.
Of course they do. You would need to be a dim wit retard to think one or two pissed off comments reflect the views of tens of thousands of fans.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I'm guessing Conway's departure was probably fuelled by his inability to get game time in the HEC, especially with all the injuries in the squad this season. He started against Exeter at home but was an unused sub for the next three and didn't feature at all in the final two. Seeing the likes of Zebo and Gilroy playing in front of big crowds in big games must have hit home when he was appearing in front of a few hundred for Leinster A against Pontypridd and Leeds.

It's impossible to know how Munster have sold him the move but on the face of it, there would appear to be less competition for back three spots and with the talent he has, it's probably no surprise that he would back himself to be a regular starter at full-back or on the wing in their squad. That's not meant as disrespect for the Munster players but Howlett's iminent retirement and Felix Jones' mixed form suggest there's an opening for him compared with the prospect of trying to get a place ahead of Fitzgerald, McFadden, Nacewa and the Kearneys.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish