Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Oldschool »

Any truth to the rumour that George Kruis (he was wearing a mask so there's scope for error) was spotted on a flight to Dublin yesterday and then subsequently seen hopping onto a number 11 (possibly the 10) bus in the city centre.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

yep....posted same on `'enforcer" thread....buddy of mine on same flight.....lets pump it up!!
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Do we really think Leinster Rugby is trying to tempt George Kruis to sign on the dotted line but couldn't be arsed to send a car to pick him up at the airport?
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

It's rumoured that he has a brother living in Dublin and that he's planning to stay with him for the duration if suitable terms can be reached.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Ah a good auld rumour.

Cant beat it
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

outcast eddie wrote: August 13th, 2021, 10:01 am Do we really think Leinster Rugby is trying to tempt George Kruis to sign on the dotted line but couldn't be arsed to send a car to pick him up at the airport?
That's exactly what they want us to conclude! It's bluff and double bluff....
Dont Panic!
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

outcast eddie wrote: August 13th, 2021, 10:01 am Do we really think Leinster Rugby is trying to tempt George Kruis to sign on the dotted line but couldn't be arsed to send a car to pick him up at the airport?
In fairness I'd have thought his brother would have made the effort to meet him at the airport, instead of letting him get the bus :D
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Or he decided to use public transport to get the feel of the place and its populace?.....
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

They’re just playing a merry jape on him. When he eventually struggled out to UCD, Leo and the whole gang jumped out shouting ‘surprise!!!’ and give him the keys to his Range Rover. How they all laughed.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Another saga to the Kruis “Rumour”
May dampen things on his arrival or maybe not!!!

His business partner Dominic Day now living in Dublin full time with his wife (not sure of her name but is a Dublin model I think)
So maybe could be over for buisness, or maybe not 😉
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Ulster sign Duane Vermeulen, again they seem to be able to get who they want….
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Theleinsterlad wrote: September 16th, 2021, 9:04 pm Ulster sign Duane Vermeulen, again they seem to be able to get who they want….
Had big bag of cash from the compensation the Bulls paid for Coetzee. Basically bought out 1.5 years of his Ulster contract.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Also had the cash that was meant to be spent on Nakarawa.
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

Theleinsterlad wrote: September 16th, 2021, 9:04 pm Ulster sign Duane Vermeulen, again they seem to be able to get who they want….
Don't think this is true, hard plenty of cash left over from the Coetzee deal and Nakarawa falling through, and also had permission from the IRFU to sign a NIQ no.8. What's the issue? Great for Irish rugby with the experience he'll give to lads like David McCann! I see it as a huge positive.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

erskinechilders wrote: September 17th, 2021, 10:00 am
Don't think this is true, hard plenty of cash left over from the Coetzee deal and Nakarawa falling through, and also had permission from the IRFU to sign a NIQ no.8. What's the issue? Great for Irish rugby with the experience he'll give to lads like David McCann! I see it as a huge positive.
You are correct, Ulster were obviously given permission by the IRFU, and IMO rightly so.
I think all provinces need a player like that in the squad to a) develop the young lads around them and b) have an old head in the squad on the days when the internationals are away.

As a Munster fan I am delighted, but I do find it odd that Leinster haven’t looked to make a big signing.
Given the strength of the Leinster squad I struggle to identify a position which would warrant a signing, which probably answers my own question, but why is it that Leinster haven’t went to the market.

Is it because of an internal policy? If so it has worked well.
Or have the IRFU been blocking Leinster from doing so?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Ulster have been modelled for a long time around marquee signings and lots of much smaller names. It works for them and their fans.

Munster sign everyone they can if they improve the squad, with a focus on HC leaving the URC to sort itself out.

Leinster try to do everything themselves and tend to go to market based on priority needs. Big signings have tended to be quite different from what was there already. It also means that they tend to spend more of their budget on retaining players rather than a sign and clear out cycle.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ronk wrote: September 17th, 2021, 11:26 am Leinster try to do everything themselves and tend to go to market based on priority needs. Big signings have tended to be quite different from what was there already. It also means that they tend to spend more of their budget on retaining players rather than a sign and clear out cycle.
Pretty much I reckon, I think if there were a hole in the squad that couldn't be filled internally, then Leinster would do what needed to be done, and spend what needed to be spent, to fill it (e.g. Ala'alatoa). But I think that Leo and Stu reckon they can make more gains through coaching what is in situ than by going out and buying it in.
I have Bumbleflex
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

there is a fairly big hole at 5 at the moment and only going to get bigger when Toner goes.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 17th, 2021, 11:39 am there is a fairly big hole at 5 at the moment and only going to get bigger when Toner goes.

James Ryan might disagree with that. Toner will certainly be a huge loss though, guys that size who are good footballers are very rare. We're not short of locks, we currently have Baird, Ryan, Molony, Dunne, and Toner in the senior squad and Deeny, Ryan and ors in the academy, we just have to work out how best to use them and thats a coaching thing.

To my mind, the biggest gap in the squad is at 6 - Rhys Ruddock is grand when fit, is Josh Murphy ready for the step up or will they move Conan in there more often. I think that the semi final last year exposed Baird at 6 (at least at this point in his career and at that level) quite badly
I have Bumbleflex
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 17th, 2021, 12:10 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: September 17th, 2021, 11:39 am there is a fairly big hole at 5 at the moment and only going to get bigger when Toner goes.

James Ryan might disagree with that. Toner will certainly be a huge loss though, guys that size who are good footballers are very rare. We're not short of locks, we currently have Baird, Ryan, Molony, Dunne, and Toner in the senior squad and Deeny, Ryan and ors in the academy, we just have to work out how best to use them and thats a coaching thing.

To my mind, the biggest gap in the squad is at 6 - Rhys Ruddock is grand when fit, is Josh Murphy ready for the step up or will they move Conan in there more often. I think that the semi final last year exposed Baird at 6 (at least at this point in his career and at that level) quite badly
James Ryans ability to be a top tier 5 looks doubtful to me, may be more suited to 4. Even if he can return to previous levels, most of the locks youve listed have played little senior rugby and leinster need a big experienced tough SOB at 5 and they dont have that.