curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by curates_egg »

dougie the flanker
Learner

Post by dougie the flanker »

curates_egg wrote: May 31st, 2022, 5:34 pm Ntamack to Leinster https://www.rugbydump.com/news/ntamack- ... sfer-hint/
Assuming that takes him upto 2024/25 - will he start ahead of Sexton who I assume will still be going strong and pushing for a spot on the Lions Tour?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Hearing a rumor that Andrew Goodman is coming to replace PC as Backs coach. A friend told me he seen it on twitter, so I'm on the hunt :D

Edit:
I didn't have to look very hard in fairness
https://twitter.com/RugbyKino/status/15 ... 4073425923
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeinsterLeader wrote: June 11th, 2022, 6:55 pm Hearing a rumor that Andrew Goodman is coming to replace PC as Backs coach. A friend told me he seen it on twitter, so I'm on the hunt :D

Edit:
I didn't have to look very hard in fairness
https://twitter.com/RugbyKino/status/15 ... 4073425923
Higher profile than we normally go for.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Berch mentioned this a few weeks back too.

On paper would seem to be a really good appointment.

Good background with Tasman and Crusaders.

Always liked him as a player too.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Michael McDonald, 23 year old IQ'd scrumhalf is leaving Australia and joining an irish province.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

mildlyinterested wrote:Michael McDonald, 23 year old IQ'd scrumhalf is leaving Australia and joining an irish province.
He's irish born, isn't he? Kearney country?
I have Bumbleflex
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Dave Cahill wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:47 am
mildlyinterested wrote:Michael McDonald, 23 year old IQ'd scrumhalf is leaving Australia and joining an irish province.
Yeah from Louth originally, played for Dundalk RFC before moving to Perth with his family.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Interesting, he refused an A cap recently and it was speculated this might be the reason.

I would say we have the greatest need, but then again we have McGrath, McCarthy and Foley backing up JGP.

Munster have lost Osborne and Murray / Casey likely to be in Irish squads so he may be going there.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

mildlyinterested wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:49 am
Dave Cahill wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:47 am
Yeah from Louth originally, played for Dundalk RFC before moving to Perth with his family.
Thanks, thought I remembered something about that alright
I have Bumbleflex
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:59 am
mildlyinterested wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:49 am
Dave Cahill wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:47 am He's irish born, isn't he? Kearney country?
Thanks, thought I remembered something about that alright
His father, Andy, is ex Newbridge College and was a pillar of Dundalk RFC before heading to Oz.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

wixfjord wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:54 am Interesting, he refused an A cap recently and it was speculated this might be the reason.

I would say we have the greatest need, but then again we have McGrath, McCarthy and Foley backing up JGP.

Munster have lost Osborne and Murray / Casey likely to be in Irish squads so he may be going there.
McCarty was very poor last season and probably isn't the answer. McGrath isn't going to make it with Ireland I wouldn't imagine, maybe this kid is worth a look. That being said, i know nothing about him and he played 60 minutes of rugby from the bench last season.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I keep forgetting about this. But now that he has got this sweet freedom it's what a fool believes that it will keep you running and he will be taking it to the streets at a province near you.

Whether for his native province or he has to catch a long train running we don't know. But I gotta try.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Flash Gordon wrote: July 20th, 2022, 9:44 am
wixfjord wrote: July 20th, 2022, 8:54 am Interesting, he refused an A cap recently and it was speculated this might be the reason.

McCarty was very poor last season and probably isn't the answer. McGrath isn't going to make it with Ireland I wouldn't imagine, maybe this kid is worth a look. That being said, i know nothing about him and he played 60 minutes of rugby from the bench last season.
McCarthy and Mcgrath are both contracted for next year at least though and neither will play with Ireland. Foley looked really good at end of season too.

So it’s unlikely looking at our depth chart.

The announcement from Western Force doesn’t say anything about him going to an Irish province btw.

Are you playing a guessing game Mildly or had there been a reference to it elsewhere?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

wixfjord wrote: July 20th, 2022, 10:22 am
Flash Gordon wrote: July 20th, 2022, 9:44 am

McCarthy and Mcgrath are both contracted for next year at least though and neither will play with Ireland. Foley looked really good at end of season too.

So it’s unlikely looking at our depth chart.

The announcement from Western Force doesn’t say anything about him going to an Irish province btw.

Are you playing a guessing game Mildly or had there been a reference to it elsewhere?
there is reference to it elsewhere.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

McDonald is joining Ulster.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote: July 20th, 2022, 11:33 am McDonald is joining Ulster.
Not sure why they would be signing a rookie scrum half: thought Doak looked to have lots of potential last season, and I've always been a fan of Cooney.
They need a loosehead prop and a flanker.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

curates_egg wrote: July 20th, 2022, 1:49 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: July 20th, 2022, 11:33 am McDonald is joining Ulster.
Not sure why they would be signing a rookie scrum half: thought Doak looked to have lots of potential last season, and I've always been a fan of Cooney.
They need a loosehead prop and a flanker.
Cooney may well be off next summer, signed this guy on 1 year deal to see if he is any good etc.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

johng wrote: July 20th, 2022, 9:45 am I keep forgetting about this. But now that he has got this sweet freedom it's what a fool believes that it will keep you running and he will be taking it to the streets at a province near you.

Whether for his native province or he has to catch a long train running we don't know. But I gotta try.
Quite the Yacht Rock connoisseur you are, John. I too have a soft spot for all those bands you referenced, having grown up with them in my teens.Even saw the Doobies on the '82 Farewell Tour with Michael McDonald and Tom Johnston at the Meadowlands in NJ. Great gig. For bringing back the memories I give you the following:

https://youtu.be/HV3zWSawJiw