Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by ronk »

carlow man wrote: March 16th, 2021, 5:53 pm The starting 15 that hes been in for a few weeks now?? Strange thing to say. Hes in great form at the minute. Scoring tries and looks sharp. Shame hes missing this week as he deserves his spot in the final on the 27th.
That would also make it the best time to cash in if there’s a club with interest and budget.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Best time to allow a player to leave who is in great form and looks settled? Cant see any sense in that. Surely you would want to keep this type of player.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

carlow man wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:19 pm Best time to allow a player to leave who is in great form and looks settled? Cant see any sense in that. Surely you would want to keep this type of player.
You know that players are independent contractors with free agency right?
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

I'm aware of that, thank you. I'm not the one who thinks a club can cash in by letting a player leave when they are out of contract.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

carlow man wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:28 pm I'm aware of that, thank you. I'm not the one who thinks a club can cash in by letting a player leave when they are out of contract.
I think he’s saying it’s the player cashing in, no?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 16th, 2021, 11:11 pm
carlow man wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:28 pm I'm aware of that, thank you. I'm not the one who thinks a club can cash in by letting a player leave when they are out of contract.
I think he’s saying it’s the player cashing in, no?
Yes. How would it be the club?
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Probably just the way I read it. Dumb move if it does happen from the players perspective. Playing 2nd division rugby in England. Cant see him being offered big money. No clubs in England are making any money apart from exeter. Better off staying in hq.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

carlow man wrote: March 17th, 2021, 2:03 pm Probably just the way I read it. Dumb move if it does happen from the players perspective. Playing 2nd division rugby in England. Cant see him being offered big money. No clubs in England are making any money apart from exeter. Better off staying in hq.
Doesn't mean they're not splashing the cash though.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Laighin Break wrote: March 17th, 2021, 2:17 pm
carlow man wrote: March 17th, 2021, 2:03 pm Probably just the way I read it. Dumb move if it does happen from the players perspective. Playing 2nd division rugby in England. Cant see him being offered big money. No clubs in England are making any money apart from exeter. Better off staying in hq.
Well I'd be very surprised that a second tier club in England who haven't played for months, have had no fans watching games, getting no financial support from the rfu and have had to furlough many of the staff, will be splashing the cash.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

A good squad player but I never got the impression he was going to be in the running for the big games without a lot of injuries. He may see a number of bodies ahead of him and lots of talent coming up behind. He only has a few years to make some money for his future and his impact on Ealing might be worth a bigger cheque than could be justified here.
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

carlow man wrote: March 18th, 2021, 9:07 am
Laighin Break wrote: March 17th, 2021, 2:17 pm
Well I'd be very surprised that a second tier club in England who haven't played for months, have had no fans watching games, getting no financial support from the rfu and have had to furlough many of the staff, will be splashing the cash.
They have a big money backer I think, looking to move up into the top flight of English rugby
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Not sure how much spare cash trailfinders travel will have after a pandemic though.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Fardy,
Bent,
CK1,
Cronin,
O'Sullivan
and Patterson are all but confirmed.
Is there anyone other than Dev that is at risk at the moment?

Edit: Thanks MI
Last edited by Peg Leg on March 30th, 2021, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Peg Leg wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:09 am Fardy, Bent, CK1, O'Sullivan and Patterson are all but confirmed.
you forgot Cronin.

Patterson is academy year 3 and his future is uncertain, same applies to Silvester/O'Sullivan.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:10 am
Peg Leg wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:09 am Fardy, Bent, CK1, O'Sullivan and Patterson are all but confirmed.
you forgot Cronin.

Patterson is academy year 3 and his future is uncertain, same applies to Silvester/O'Sullivan.
Thanks, edited now
That's a lot of knowledge, nous and muscle to be losing.
If Dev is on the way out, we are at bare bones in the second row.
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Also Osborne is heading south to Munster to replace McCarthy.

Biggest question marks are the long term injured and their status in terms of contract offers: Vakh Abdaladze, Conor O'Brien and Adam Byrne.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I kow he hasn't been the player of 2 seasons ago but even now I can't think of anyone else in the squad who gives us what Fardy gives us. It's going to be hard to replace him from within the squad I think.

At virtually every break in play someone in the opposition has Fardy by the Jersey and wants to punch him. You need a guy like that and I can't think of anyone else in the squad that winds up the opposition like that :D
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Lowe.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

fourthirtythree wrote: March 30th, 2021, 12:05 pmLowe.
Yeah but I always think Lowe does it in a more deliberate in your face sort of way.

Fardy does it in a more sly "what did I do?" sorta way. Like Natan Hines (God bless him!)
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

LeinsterLeader wrote: March 30th, 2021, 11:57 am I kow he hasn't been the player of 2 seasons ago but even now I can't think of anyone else in the squad who gives us what Fardy gives us. It's going to be hard to replace him from within the squad I think.

At virtually every break in play someone in the opposition has Fardy by the Jersey and wants to punch him. You need a guy like that and I can't think of anyone else in the squad that winds up the opposition like that :D
I think that Josh Murphy is very punchable and likely successor in that regard. (high praise that)
Daniel Sullivan