Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I was just thinking that if Casey overtakes JGP and himself and Murray end up in the Ireland 23 for the next couple of years then he could find himself out in the cold at Leinster when there’s finally a gap for him in Munster.

Tricky situation for him I hope he doesn’t get caught out again.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Casey is an anomaly not proof of an underage system producing pro level 9s. Hence their need to sign leinster 9's as squad cover.

Now if only leinster could start producing high quality 9s...
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Casey is brilliant, reminds me of those tiny, snappy Japanese scrum-halves.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

neiliog93 wrote: March 7th, 2021, 10:38 pm Casey is brilliant, reminds me of those tiny, snappy Japanese scrum-halves.
He is very good at certain elements and does bring a lot of pace to the game, but jaysus his kicking is dreadful.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

I'd take that pass from my scrumhalf if it means his kicking was a work on.. easier to improve box kicking than get that sort of pass.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 8th, 2021, 9:31 am I'd take that pass from my scrumhalf if it means his kicking was a work on.. easier to improve box kicking than get that sort of pass.
I'd agree with that in General but in the case of Casey it does become something of a problem when your teams primary tactic when they get the ball is kicking the ball into the air. Tough days ahead for the young man I think.
Last edited by LeinsterLeader on March 8th, 2021, 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

LeinsterLeader wrote: March 8th, 2021, 10:07 am
mildlyinterested wrote: March 8th, 2021, 9:31 am I'd take that pass from my scrumhalf if it means his kicking was a work on.. easier to improve box kicking than get that sort of pass.
I'd agree with that in General but in the case of Casey it does become something of a problem when your teams primary tactic when they get the ball is kicking the ball into the air. Tough days ahead for the young I think.
Maybe they'll shift that now with Carbery back and Casey's best asset being his pass. Maybe..
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

LeinsterLeader wrote: March 8th, 2021, 10:07 am
I'd agree with that in General but in the case of Casey it does become something of a problem when your teams primary tactic when they get the ball is kicking the ball into the air. Tough days ahead for the young man I think.
Van Graan is like a mule with a spinning wheel.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

I think a wider more expansive game would actually suit their players.. it's not like their tight 5 is stacked with powerhouse intl's.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

They've shown flashes this year of really good handling and attack. If they click on the 27th, it should be a cracker. Not to be underestimated, particularly if Carbery is back for them.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Bit ironic that the discussion around Casey started from a discussion giving out about Munster looking to sign a SH from Leinster.

Casey is definitely not the finished article.
He has a few areas to work on, and his kicking game is the biggest.
However, his passing is second to none in Ireland even at this early stage.

There is a reason why Leinster tried to poach him, and why he was capped in the 6 nations, (is he the youngest halfback to be capped by Ireland in the 6 nations??)
he offers you quick and safe ball giving your backline more time.

If Ireland can pair that with a ball playing 10, then we could see a few very successful years.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

riocard911 wrote: March 8th, 2021, 10:42 am They've shown flashes this year of really good handling and attack. If they click on the 27th, it should be a cracker. Not to be underestimated, particularly if Carbery is back for them.
Sorry mate but all recent evidence would point to the contrary. Every time a Leinster v Munster game comes about the media hypes it up as the next great battle. We have played them 3 times since post lockdown and all three (after great hyping) have been duds. Yes there have been things to like in each game but on the whole they have not been memorable.

They kick the ball away with the hope of forcing us into a mistake or forcing a turnover at the breakdown. We don't want to be turned over so for the most part we kick it back to them..... wash, rinse repeat. We have been marginally the more adventurous when we get into the right areas and that's probably why we've won.

I really, really hope you're right (God knows the players are there on both sides) and it turns into a classic, but I doubt it!
betty swallocks
Bookworm

Post by betty swallocks »

Ealing Trailfinders in for Cian Kelleher?? There can't be anything in that surely.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

betty swallocks wrote: March 15th, 2021, 4:11 pm Ealing Trailfinders in for Cian Kelleher?? There can't be anything in that surely.
Where is that coming from source wise. I’d be surprised if we let any of our backs go this season with the injuries internationals etc that are away during season. Cian has also done pretty well when he’s got games
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Theleinsterlad wrote: March 15th, 2021, 4:28 pm
betty swallocks wrote: March 15th, 2021, 4:11 pm Ealing Trailfinders in for Cian Kelleher?? There can't be anything in that surely.
Where is that coming from source wise. I’d be surprised if we let any of our backs go this season with the injuries internationals etc that are away during season. Cian has also done pretty well when he’s got games
I posted it. Doesn’t make sense to me either. I have cross-checked it with two separate sources. One squad-related and one close to CK.

Both said the same thing. He is leaving for Ealing and some suggestion from one source that the money he saw as his value wasn’t available to him at Leinster.

I hope it’s not false economy. He is coming into his prime and has had a good year when we needed him to.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Isnt that the reason he left us for Connacht ?
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

I thought it was more so to do with the incident between himself and Leo on the bus, soured his relationship and he packed his bags and went west?
logorrhea.ie

Post by logorrhea.ie »

Good luck to him either way. A fine player but doesn't look like he's going to break into the starting 15 anytime soon.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

The starting 15 that hes been in for a few weeks now?? Strange thing to say. Hes in great form at the minute. Scoring tries and looks sharp. Shame hes missing this week as he deserves his spot in the final on the 27th.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

roarlad wrote: March 16th, 2021, 10:13 am I thought it was more so to do with the incident between himself and Leo on the bus, soured his relationship and he packed his bags and went west?
What happened on the bus? Are we allowed to ask? 🤔