Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by mildlyinterested »

Noel McNamara being linked with Munster coaching role.. would be a good hire for them, would hate to see it.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Replacing the wrong coach.

Should give him the big job there
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 6:26 pm Noel McNamara being linked with Munster coaching role.. would be a good hire for them, would hate to see it.
Don't worry young mildly. JVG will crush the spirit out of him.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

suggestions there will be contract news today.. https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/statu ... 2055448580
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Not a rumour but just something I thought of. I’m sure we want an experienced second row but I wonder if we might make a play for Joshua Brennan? You’d imagine the Brennans are alway on the IRFU’s radar but even more so after the recent changes.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 29th, 2021, 11:06 am Not a rumour but just something I thought of. I’m sure we want an experienced second row but I wonder if we might make a play for Joshua Brennan? You’d imagine the Brennans are alway on the IRFU’s radar but even more so after the recent changes.
I always thought that this train will never sail, it could be imagined on my side, but I would have thought the animosity of Poppa Trevor towards the IRFU would make this a non-runner from the family's POV
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

[quote=RoboProp post_id=789413 time=1638185348 user_id=2291]
[quote=LeRouxIsPHat post_id=789412 time=1638184001 user_id=2340]
Not a rumour but just something I thought of. I’m sure we want an experienced second row but I wonder if we might make a play for Joshua Brennan? You’d imagine the Brennans are alway on the IRFU’s radar but even more so after the recent changes.
[/quote]

I always thought that this train will never sail, it could be imagined on my side, but I would have thought the animosity of Poppa Trevor towards the IRFU would make this a non-runner from the family's POV
[/quote]

I don't know the depths of Trevor Brennan's IRFU issues but I thought it always played right to be publicly loyal to FFR until the time comes when you're seriously considering a move.

There's no middle ground. They have to come to Ireland to play for Ireland, they have to be French for the French academies.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Joshua Brennan
Is he good enough? I know he has the physical attributes but from what I've seen he has hardly blown me out of the water when I've seen him play (which hasn't been often to be fair). He strikes me as a decent player but not a star.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

sunshiner1 wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:23 am
Joshua Brennan
Is he good enough? I know he has the physical attributes but from what I've seen he has hardly blown me out of the water when I've seen him play (which hasn't been often to be fair). He strikes me as a decent player but not a star.
I think he is pretty good but the game last weekend was the first time I’ve seen him. I wasn’t suggesting him as a signing but there’s plenty of players that the IRFU has brought in just because they’re IQ so that’s why I’m wondering if one of the non Ulster provinces might go for him.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: November 30th, 2021, 10:57 am
Joshua Brennan
I think he is pretty good but the game last weekend was the first time I’ve seen him. I wasn’t suggesting him as a signing but there’s plenty of players that the IRFU has brought in just because they’re IQ so that’s why I’m wondering if one of the non Ulster provinces might go for him.
Yeah, I could see how going to Ulster might not work for him :lol:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Joshua Brennan
:lol:

He's captained France at U20 so he must have something about him. He grew up in France and plays for France's best known and most successful club so it would need to be some offer to get him away from there.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Not a podcast I've listened to but apparently this week on the Provincial State of Mind podcast they discussed that Leinster had been trying to lure Carbery back but it fell through
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Laighin Break wrote: March 4th, 2022, 1:40 pm Not a podcast I've listened to but apparently this week on the Provincial State of Mind podcast they discussed that Leinster had been trying to lure Carbery back but it fell through
Tom Savage has been pushing that line for months by himself.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 4th, 2022, 1:47 pm
Laighin Break wrote: March 4th, 2022, 1:40 pm Not a podcast I've listened to but apparently this week on the Provincial State of Mind podcast they discussed that Leinster had been trying to lure Carbery back but it fell through
Tom Savage has been pushing that line for months by himself.
That would be odd.
Has he had a decent game since he left? And by decent I don't mean non-sh!te.
Remember, this was the guy we were going to build our team around. So "decent" in that context is pretty fupping high.
Montpellier in the RDS, or Wasps in the Aviva. Long time ago now though.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

seems like BS to me, but he is pushing the line that munster will overtake leinster once Sexton leaves and carbery turning down a return to leinster feeds that narrative.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Flash Gordon wrote: November 30th, 2021, 1:50 pm

:lol:

He's captained France at U20 so he must have something about him. He grew up in France and plays for France's best known and most successful club so it would need to be some offer to get him away from there.
Not necessarily. While first Contracts can be very attractive to a 20 / 21 year-old. If you don't develop into a star, the next round is often c. €80/90k p.a. and for 2 yrs. The big name THPs can command €250 / 280k p.a. if they are JIFF, which he is.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

I'd agree it doesn't seem likely. It's hard to imagine that Stu & Leo's opinion that Carbery is a fullback has changed based on his performances in green and red. And with Keenan and JOB coming in at fullback since, he wouldn't be required there anyway.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Carbery played fullback while Rob was injured. He returned to outhalf later in the season but it wasn't that easy because of Ross's form.

Joey also had a stinker when given a start at outhalf.

There isn't really any indication that Leo wanted Carbery there long term.

Carbery leaving Munster now isn't plausible. It's a wind up.
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Carbery should never have left but it’s difficult to see him returning now. It just doesn’t make any sense. This story started when Carbery put his house up for sale.

Would he even get in to the Leinster first choice 23 now. I’m not so sure tbh.

Ironically, I think he will end up playing fullback regularly for Munster.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

elephantman wrote: March 4th, 2022, 2:59 pm
Carbery should never have left but it’s difficult to see him returning now. It just doesn’t make any sense. This story started when Carbery put his house up for sale.

Would he even get in to the Leinster first choice 23 now. I’m not so sure tbh.

Ironically, I think he will end up playing fullback regularly for Munster.
Could he afford a house in Dublin?