Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

molloyjh
Mullet

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by molloyjh »

goreyguy wrote:
[Jackass] wrote:Jeez, I'd be pretty fuming if we signed O'Leary, we've two really, really good young scrum-halfs, I was hoping they would be given more and more responsibility, even that Boss might be let go at the end of this season and have three options of Reddan, Cooney and McGrath - with all four signed on for next season and then looking to add O'Leary, that would be just madness and would seal the fate of losing one if not both of the young stars if they get bogged down behind so many.
overhyping both Cooney and McGrath, both have potential but haven't proven much if anything at the top level.
Cooney would be better off leaving at this stage of his career with Boss coming back next season.
Neither have been given much opportunity to prove anything. I don't believe this TOL thing for a second, but I do hope we get to see at least one of the two young scrum-halves a fair bit next season.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Have people forgotten how dire TOL is/was? I'd rather give a two year deal to a 36+ year old Stringer, who at least can pass competently, I dont recall TOL playing much for LI, injury prone, over the hill cr@p Mike Phillips-esque 9, no thanks, we might as well just tag on an extension for Boss.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

leinster4life13 wrote:Have people forgotten how dire TOL is/was? I'd rather give a two year deal to a 36+ year old Stringer, who at least can pass competently, I dont recall TOL playing much for LI, injury prone, over the hill cr@p Mike Phillips-esque 9, no thanks, we might as well just tag on an extension for Boss.
some people on here will defend anything despite the evidence
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

goreyguy wrote:
leinster4life13 wrote:Have people forgotten how dire TOL is/was? I'd rather give a two year deal to a 36+ year old Stringer, who at least can pass competently, I dont recall TOL playing much for LI, injury prone, over the hill cr@p Mike Phillips-esque 9, no thanks, we might as well just tag on an extension for Boss.
Look back over the last page lads, Dave Cahill is the only one who really mentioned his ability apart from yourselves and his glowing recommendation was that "now he wasn't so sure".

It's a BS rumour anyway, believe it started on PR as a joke and some gobshite on MF has run with it.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
goreyguy wrote:
Look back over the last page lads, Dave Cahill is the only one who really mentioned his ability apart from yourselves and his glowing recommendation was that "now he wasn't so sure".

It's a BS rumour anyway, believe it started on PR as a joke and some gobshite on MF has run with it.
Well that narrows it down.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

goreyguy wrote:
[Jackass] wrote:Jeez, I'd be pretty fuming if we signed O'Leary, we've two really, really good young scrum-halfs, I was hoping they would be given more and more responsibility, even that Boss might be let go at the end of this season and have three options of Reddan, Cooney and McGrath - with all four signed on for next season and then looking to add O'Leary, that would be just madness and would seal the fate of losing one if not both of the young stars if they get bogged down behind so many.
overhyping both Cooney and McGrath, both have potential but haven't proven much if anything at the top level.
Cooney would be better off leaving at this stage of his career with Boss coming back next season.
They're probably not really good but McGrath will most likely come true alot more next year and could develop into a very good SH. Reddan on international duty, and Boss getting older. Get the impression he has jumped Cooney in the pecking order.
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

tones wrote:
goreyguy wrote:
They're probably not really good but McGrath will most likely come true alot more next year and could develop into a very good SH. Reddan on international duty, and Boss getting older. Get the impression he has jumped Cooney in the pecking order.
Boss has been so poor this year that you would hope either Cooney or McGrath would have been given more of an opportunity..
Neither player has over 200 minutes with the 1st team this season.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

TOL has a year left on his deal so nuts to that
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

simonokeeffe wrote:TOL has a year left on his deal so nuts to that
How's his colour blindness? Was it blue things he kicked anyway? Possibly not the best move if so...
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

So I brought up Nadolo as potential super signing, but looks like Crusaders got in there first, I brought up the Michael Collins rumour that was started elsewhere, but wasn't announced so who knows what's going on with that, so now, I give you Taniela Tupou. 135kg of speed, power and pure awesomeness. A schools player no less (1.3.focking.5.K.G), he is the tight-head version of Cian Healy.

Maybe Leinster could send this lad an offer to take up a 3 year academy role. He could be offered UCD scholarship and Irish / E.U. passport for his troubles, and if it doesn't work out, he's got world class academy training to bring with him to his next club, if it does work out, we get an absolute beast of an Irish qualified tight-head prop to compliment Moore and Furlong.

It's increasingly becoming a power game, and this guy is a freak. (with pace to burn and a side step to top off his power....could even be looked at as an eight.

Have a look for yourselves... (obviously this is schools level, but he stood out to such an extent that he scored a first half hatrick in the "senior cup final" as a tight-head... if that happened here, the lad would walk into the academy as it is..)

(edit to say: Just pointing this guy out...no actual Leinster rumour..!)

(edit 2: Now he's all over rugby dump and thescore.ie..)
Last edited by [Jackass] on May 14th, 2014, 1:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Well what can I say, things are incredibly slow around here since ror's departure. Still beats talking about Simons family jewels! :mullet 1:
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Our biggest "signings" happened earlier this season, Heaslip and SOB. Hopefully we can get Douglas in and we can move from there.
Priority number 1 should be pressuring the IRFU to ensure Sexton comes back and then figuring out is MOC the man to lead Leinster.
Both will be determined next season.

Leinster are quite clearly in the beginning of a transition period.
They will still be highly competitive in the Rabo and aiming for a home QF in the Euro cup should be the goal. Anything after that would be a plus.
There has to be a improvement in the brand of rugby we play and the general levels of performance and backplay.

Replacements for Darcy, Ross, Jennings, Boss, Reddan need to be further brought through into the squad, as they will all likely not be here much past the RWC.
Luckily Reid, Furlong, Murphy, McGrath, Cooney are all at varying degrees of readiness and experience.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

[Jackass] wrote:Well what can I say, things are incredibly slow around here since ror's departure. Still beats talking about Simons family jewels! :mullet 1:
I think youll find they are eurovision winning family jewels now
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

Time to start a "Bring Back Ror" campaign??!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I walked past Eddie O'Sullivan walking to the Criminal Courts of Justice from the Museum Laus stop today...
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

simonokeeffe wrote:I walked past Eddie O'Sullivan walking to the Criminal Courts of Justice from the Museum Laus stop today...
Which one of you was going to the criminal court??!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

He was probably heading to Heuston station across the road to get the train down to Limerick... taking the backs job down there supposedly. Good coach, always had time for him despite the 2007 debacle.
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

[Jackass] wrote:He was probably heading to Heuston station across the road to get the train down to Limerick... taking the backs job down there supposedly. Good coach, always had time for him despite the 2007 debacle.
yeh that... Or maybe he was heading into town to get a haircut?
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

simonokeeffe wrote:I walked past Eddie O'Sullivan walking to the Criminal Courts of Justice from the Museum Laus stop today...
Maybe he was checking if the jury is still out on him?