Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Heineken Cup - Leinster V ASM Clermont Auvergne

Post by Donny B. »

Hippo wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Is that where Murray's used to be?
It certainly is. Its licence renewal was the subject of quite a few objections I understand.
Interesting!
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Donny B. wrote:
Hippo wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
It certainly is. Its licence renewal was the subject of quite a few objections I understand.
Interesting!
I'll try and find out a little more so!
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hippo wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Hippo wrote:
Interesting!
I'll try and find out a little more so!
Ah don't go troubling yourself. Used to have a drink in Murrays for internationals back in the day. Was always a bit of a kip to be honest but we didn't know better. It was closed for ages though.
aidolou

Post by aidolou »

Hey Guys,

looking for two tickets to this match for saturday, I have tried on ticketmaster but no great seats left.

I would appericate if anyone has any spare/tickets they are looking to sell to send me a PM :D

Thanks,
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

Donny B. wrote:
Hippo wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Interesting!
On the Murrays/The Bath thing I'd highly recommend dropping in, it's a huge Leinster pub, as far as I know it's owned by EOM's older brother and for the single fan out there the barmaids are not too hard on the eye!

Also Farmer Browns across the road is awesome for pre/post game grub, better burgers than Jo'Burger I sh!t you not.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

TerenureJim wrote:
On the Murrays/The Bath thing I'd highly recommend dropping in, it's a huge Leinster pub, as far as I know it's owned by EOM's older brother and for the single fan out there the barmaids are not too hard on the eye!

Also Farmer Browns across the road is awesome for pre/post game grub, better burgers than Jo'Burger I sh!t you not.
Cheers TJ. I'll be in that area pre-match anyway as I'm going for an oldschool Lansdowne day and might try it for a pint.
islander
Beginner

Post by islander »

awaaf wrote:I think I heard on the radio that the Dodder flood gates may be closed over the weekend due to flooding potential at high tides. The path along the Dodder from the railway to Ballsbridge seems to be blocked at the railway bridge for works in any case but I guess the path from the dodder bridge at Marian College towards Ringsend may be closed. Not sure if it will cause any major inconvenience but just mentioning it just in case.

reminds me of first-ever trip to LR, there'd been rain and one of the tunnels under railway leading to the ground had 6-7 inches of water in it. long delays while people stopped, removed shoes and socks and waded through. hoped that sort of thing might have been confined to the past!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

islander wrote:
awaaf wrote:I think I heard on the radio that the Dodder flood gates may be closed over the weekend due to flooding potential at high tides. The path along the Dodder from the railway to Ballsbridge seems to be blocked at the railway bridge for works in any case but I guess the path from the dodder bridge at Marian College towards Ringsend may be closed. Not sure if it will cause any major inconvenience but just mentioning it just in case.

reminds me of first-ever trip to LR, there'd been rain and one of the tunnels under railway leading to the ground had 6-7 inches of water in it. long delays while people stopped, removed shoes and socks and waded through. hoped that sort of thing might have been confined to the past!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2964574

Forecast is actually pretty decent for tomorrow but it's lashing down today. Anyway, give yourselves plenty of time to get into the ground. The days of having a pint and skipping down ten minutes before kick-off are gone and now they made you walk mad routes into the stadium. Regardless of where you're drinking beforehand I'd advise giving yourself a good half-hour to get into the place.
asmca12
Beginner

Post by asmca12 »

Hi everybody, Dubliners and others,

I wish you a nice day tomorrow, with a match as high as the teams and the supporters !
Unfortunately, I won't be there tomorrow, but I hope come back soon : I've enjoyed my first travel for the QF 2010 confrontation. It's my best rugby memory. Before, during, and after the game !
Domingo - Kayzer - Zirakashvili (Debaty - Paulo - Kotze)
Cudmore - Hines (Jacquet)
Lapandry - Chouly - Bonnaire (Bardy)
Parra - James (Radosavljevic)
Nalaga - King - Fofana - Sivivatu (Rougerie)
Byrne (Buttin)
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Judging by the rain today I imagine the pitch will be in shite condition again tomorrow.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

asmca12 wrote:Hi everybody, Dubliners and others,

I wish you a nice day tomorrow, with a match as high as the teams and the supporters !
Unfortunately, I won't be there tomorrow, but I hope come back soon : I've enjoyed my first travel for the QF 2010 confrontation. It's my best rugby memory. Before, during, and after the game !
Enjoy the match!
asmca12
Beginner

Post by asmca12 »

Donny B. wrote:

Enjoy the match!
Thanks, enjoy it too !
Domingo - Kayzer - Zirakashvili (Debaty - Paulo - Kotze)
Cudmore - Hines (Jacquet)
Lapandry - Chouly - Bonnaire (Bardy)
Parra - James (Radosavljevic)
Nalaga - King - Fofana - Sivivatu (Rougerie)
Byrne (Buttin)
Tom from Montferrand
Learner

Post by Tom from Montferrand »

asmca12 wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

Enjoy the match!
Thanks, enjoy it too !
Not too much though :mrgreen:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

AdamK wrote:Judging by the rain today I imagine the pitch will be in shite condition again tomorrow.
Yeah, and given how much it cuts up in the scrums this season we can expect lots of resets and the place looking like the ploughing championship has been on by the finish.

Johnny to continue his sterling work as groundskeeper.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Tom from Montferrand wrote:
asmca12 wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Enjoy the match!
Thanks, enjoy it too !
Not too much though :mrgreen:
You behave, or you won't get that pint of Guinness after the match! :wink:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

I've a few minutes to meself here Joe. Early team announcement please. Aw come on.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

fourthirtythree wrote:I've a few minutes to meself here Joe. Early team announcement please. Aw come on.
Nah, we never get the team even a minute before 12. Clermont team should be in shortly though.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Donny B. wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:I've a few minutes to meself here Joe. Early team announcement please. Aw come on.
Nah, we never get the team even a minute before 12. Clermont team should be in shortly though.
Yeah, other team always in first. They have to tease us (and the opposition) with the thought of returning players. We all know by this stage that they won't though.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

fourthirtythree wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
Yeah, other team always in first. They have to tease us (and the opposition) with the thought of returning players. We all know by this stage that they won't though.
Or even reveal injuries we never knew about, like Heinke's last week.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

http://www.asm-rugby.com/121214-compo-asm.html

Clermont in. Chaume in for Debaty and Bardy in for Lapandry. James bracketed with Skrela.