A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Re: New Jersey

Post by mikey »

domhnallj wrote:
mikey wrote: Why no stars though???
It is listed as a training jersey so presumably won't be match day. I don't actually like the stars to be honest so it is on my list. :)
We have some sticky gold ones we can tack on if necessary !!
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

mikey wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
mikey wrote: Why no stars though???
It is listed as a training jersey so presumably won't be match day. I don't actually like the stars to be honest so it is on my list. :)
We have some sticky gold ones we can tack on if necessary !!
Can we assume they are the same exact colour and will be equidistantly located above the crest? Be prepared to run the gauntlet of Vamos, his colour spectrometer and his ruler.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

domhnallj wrote:Can we assume they are the same exact colour and will be equidistantly located above the crest? Be prepared to run the gauntlet of Vamos, his colour spectrometer and his ruler.
Should we have silver stars to note Celtic/Magners/Rabo league wins? Actually given the changing nature of the league and it's teams perhaps some form of rainbow star..... I'll get my coat.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Can someone explain the difference between 'technical' and 'ugly' hoodies? How can the ugly one be nicer?

I've been wondering about this for a while now, and with the exception of this one, I can't understand the description.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

TheBear wrote:Can someone explain the difference between 'technical' and 'ugly' hoodies? How can the ugly one be nicer?

I've been wondering about this for a while now, and with the exception of this one, I can't understand the description.
Ugly is a Canterbury sub-brand. Typically in more garish colours with more contrast between the detailing and the main fabric.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

ronk wrote:
TheBear wrote:Can someone explain the difference between 'technical' and 'ugly' hoodies? How can the ugly one be nicer?

Ugly is a Canterbury sub-brand. Typically in more garish colours with more contrast between the detailing and the main fabric.
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

I think the new Leicester kit may bridge the gap between technical and ugly for them
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

TerenureJim wrote:
I think the new Leicester kit may bridge the gap between technical and ugly for them
It is nasty, alright.

And just imagine how many tigers they had to kill and skin to deck out the team and subs!
Frederico
Beginner

Post by Frederico »

given that the main jersey isn't going to change are they going to issue one specifically for the Heineken like 2010/2011. They will want to have some way of keeping merch sales up and that's a good way. I guess the training jersey above could probably do the job.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Frederico wrote:given that the main jersey isn't going to change are they going to issue one specifically for the Heineken like 2010/2011. They will want to have some way of keeping merch sales up and that's a good way. I guess the training jersey above could probably do the job.
I hope so.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Was in the Leinster Store today. This years gear is nice, #3 jersey is decent, I'm not a big fan of the spearmint colour though.

Wifebeaters in stock.
Get in the f%~king bag.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Did they have the 3 star jerseys up? Wouldn't mind seeing an ould pic. Best reason to be let down with a jersey is for it to become out dated within a season by winning a major tournament, but seeing as I gave my old favourite jersey away during the season and my "new" one is out dated in less than a year leaves me reeling a bit.

Will wait out the season before getting a new jersey though. If I do get a couple of pennies to rub together I'd get that training jersey.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Liking pics of the new gear in 'Madison Blue' ... Absolutely hate navy,will never buy another piece of navy gear again.

http://www.rugbystore.co.uk/collections ... _blue_2013

*above link for illustration purposes only - Normally buy gear at the Leinster Rugby Store
MelbourneRebel
Knowledgeable

Post by MelbourneRebel »

AdamK wrote:That's bizarre that they have pics of the last season jersey with one star... it was never, ever made with one star... so someone had to go out of their way to edit that pic.. Why? Are we just going to have 'one star' rather than a collection, or is someone missing something?
Funnily enough I have seen them in a shop in Sydney (famous sports store there called Mick Simmons). I assume a batch were made in advance of the HC final in 2011.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

MelbourneRebel wrote:
AdamK wrote:That's bizarre that they have pics of the last season jersey with one star... it was never, ever made with one star... so someone had to go out of their way to edit that pic.. Why? Are we just going to have 'one star' rather than a collection, or is someone missing something?
Funnily enough I have seen them in a shop in Sydney (famous sports store there called Mick Simmons). I assume a batch were made in advance of the HC final in 2011.
Think I've been in that shop. Presumably you went straight in and haggled a good price?

MelbourneRebel
Knowledgeable

Post by MelbourneRebel »

I was still buzzing from the Northampton game so I just called home and got the old dear to post a two-starred jersey over to me!
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Any idea why the kids jersey doesnt have a sponsor?

Is it like the Alcohol on Jerseys, where kids shouldnt do something irresponsible like bank with BOI?

Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

mtleinster wrote:Any idea why the kids jersey doesnt have a sponsor?

Is it like the Alcohol on Jerseys, where kids shouldnt do something irresponsible like bank with BOI?

Its just the pic thats on the site. Actual shirt you get has all the bells and whistles
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Finally caved and decided to buy the current home jersey. Finding one with three stars in Dublin was a nightmare, eventually got one in Arnotts. Nice.

Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

New shorts this year too. I liked the old ones.