Ulster V Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

jezzer
Rob Kearney

Re: Ulster V Leinster

Post by jezzer »

Big-alster wrote:
jezzer wrote:Hoping Madigan gets a decent run in inhospitable Belfast. See how he can manage an away game in somebody's fortress (and we get to compare Jackson and him a bit more closely).

Of all our players, Mike Ross needs to come out of this game unscathed. Tom Court is a great man for dropping the scrum if he doesn't like the bind. No silly stuff please, Tom.
Bit harsh on Tom there, Ulster have had a very successful scrum this season, rarely if ever do you see Ulster dropping it, thats a very negative tactic, and a speciality of Munster rugby over the years.
Ulster scrum is great and Tom is a top level LHP, but he does tend to drop the bind and fold over if he doesn't get the bind he likes. Usually cues a "he's dropping the scrum" hand gesture to the touch judge, to make sure he doesn't get penalised!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Big match for Ryan, if he impresses he could get himself into contention for a, potentially, huge end of season.

Surprised not to see Best or Tuohy for Ulster though.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

johng wrote:I predict Ryan and Seanie to play the 80. Jeno to come on for Kev (Just like next week) and Ryan to 6.

Front row to swap at some point (Just like next week)

Boss to replace Redan (Just like next week)

Dev to replace Brad (maybe like next week)

Mads to replace Sexton (maybe not like next week)

Carr to be used in case of injury or fatigue.
Can't decide whether Boss or Reddan should start next week v Clermont. Good job I"m not picking the side :D .
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

Reddan for me, but it's a great choice to have
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Cianostays wrote:Big match for Ryan, if he impresses he could get himself into contention for a, potentially, huge end of season.

Surprised not to see Best or Tuohy for Ulster though.
I'm not sure about that. The injury has thrashed his season. For such a raw young player it's hard to make an impact at this stage. I'd say his best option would be to get some decent game time, work on his game and build for next season.

Breaking into the starting panel at this stage isn't all that realistic.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

glenageary wrote:Reddan for me, but it's a great choice to have
Boss started all the games against Ulster last season and did very well in all of them. Thought it was interesting that he wasn't picked for tomorrow. Joe may well opt for him against Clermont, like he did in the away match last season.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Good teams from both, but I think it's fair to say neither camp could give two flying fu*ks about the result, it's all about performance, match fitness, and most of all, no injuries.

Looking forward to it, but nothing at stake really. Ulster are 100% focused on the Heineken Cup, and rightly so.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

oh I'd say Ulster care but their need is greater, don't think they'd be too dismissive of Pro12; and .... so do we. Main thing for us is good tough run out with no injuries and if we don't win - well thats the way it goes.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Ireland fans, take your time tonight to watch Lewis Stevenson. This guy is potentially a late-career international in the making. His workrate is incredible - huge tackle count every time I've seen him.

He's 6'5" ish, so a little short of ideal height. But I'd have him down in Dublin to replace Thorn in a heartbeat. Doubt he's going anywhere though.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Heading off now who's coming?
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Out of work at 3pm and let the games commence. Road trip with my Ulster supporting colleagues.

Good shout on LS, Jezzer. He's a seriously poweful bloke. Surprised there wasn't more coverage of him when he was getting regular game time in the AP. Goes to show that there are good Irish players knocking around over in England taking the scenic route to the top.
Frederico
Beginner

Post by Frederico »

jezzer wrote:Ireland fans, take your time tonight to watch Lewis Stevenson. This guy is potentially a late-career international in the making. His workrate is incredible - huge tackle count every time I've seen him.

He's 6'5" ish, so a little short of ideal height. But I'd have him down in Dublin to replace Thorn in a heartbeat. Doubt he's going anywhere though.
Have to agree on Stevenson...Could be a bolter for tour down under but with Diclin about I doubt it.
Big-alster
Bookworm

Post by Big-alster »

jezzer wrote:Ireland fans, take your time tonight to watch Lewis Stevenson. This guy is potentially a late-career international in the making. His workrate is incredible - huge tackle count every time I've seen him.

He's 6ft 7' I reckon, there isn't much between Lewis and Johann in terms of height and muller is apparantly 6ft 8.
Big-alster
Bookworm

Post by Big-alster »

Well lads, the sun is shining up here, lets hope for a good clean fight and an Ulster win. :P
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

Big-alster wrote:Well lads, the sun is shining up here, lets hope for a good clean fight and an Ulster win. :P
Enjoy the sun , it's raining in the big smoke, frankie is spouting shite on rte2, but my wine tastes great! Come on ye lads in blue.

Irish times predict we will win, betting is ulster by +3, but do we really care? All I want is a good game and no injuries :happy clapper:
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

Is it just me or is rte's quality very grainy, they don't have their Mbits together!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

...and no citings.

What you not watching on BBC for?
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

McL gets try after 7mins, great stuff, 0-7
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

Big-alster wrote:Well lads, the sun is shining up here, lets hope for a good clean fight and an Ulster win. :P
Ye ulster men have an odd view of what is a shining sun! Jez it looks like it's pissing down from my sitting room! I would hate to be there when it is raining! :wink:

On the serious note: we have lost 2 scrums - not good
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

fourthirtythree wrote:...and no citings.

What you not watching on BBC for?
Thanks BBC much better