Clermont - The Game

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: Clermont - The Game

Post by Dexter »

BlockB wrote: April 29th, 2021, 1:27 pm
backrower8 wrote: April 29th, 2021, 12:21 pm That was the most intense rugby moment I have ever experienced either in person or on TV. Just beats the relief of the 2009 GS.

#Inspiration
+1

Right up there with Cardiff 2011 for me. Clermont fans probably tip it over the edge as my best sporting experience.
It was actually better to be at the game, from a heart attack point of view. When I got back home everyone mentioned how virtually unwatchable those last minutes were, peeping at the TV from behind the couch...
Dont Panic!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Never forget being at the top of the long road heading to the stadium after missing the supporters March and just seeing a sea of yellow with this little trickle of blue moving through it. Was the best game due to their fans and the never give up attitude we showed. Never forget when it looked like fofana had scored and we had 3 of the biggest clermont fans behind us slapping our backs in delight - only for Barnes to review and say no try - in that moment I never complained about Barnes as a ref again.

Magic dreams
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Theleinsterlad wrote: April 29th, 2021, 5:22 pm Never forget being at the top of the long road heading to the stadium after missing the supporters March and just seeing a sea of yellow with this little trickle of blue moving through it. Was the best game due to their fans and the never give up attitude we showed. Never forget when it looked like fofana had scored and we had 3 of the biggest clermont fans behind us slapping our backs in delight - only for Barnes to review and say no try - in that moment I never complained about Barnes as a ref again.

Magic dreams
I remember thinking Barnes was quite good to us that day, can't remember exactly why.
Dont Panic!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Dexter wrote: April 29th, 2021, 6:16 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote: April 29th, 2021, 5:22 pm Never forget being at the top of the long road heading to the stadium after missing the supporters March and just seeing a sea of yellow with this little trickle of blue moving through it. Was the best game due to their fans and the never give up attitude we showed. Never forget when it looked like fofana had scored and we had 3 of the biggest clermont fans behind us slapping our backs in delight - only for Barnes to review and say no try - in that moment I never complained about Barnes as a ref again.

Magic dreams
I remember thinking Barnes was quite good to us that day, can't remember exactly why.
If I remember rightly the video ref couldn’t be involved without the ref requesting it so it was very much his decision to check it - thank god he did
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I'd forgotten about aul Sauvignon Blank. He was a bit mental and not always in a good way. :)
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

johng wrote: April 29th, 2021, 7:11 pm I'd forgotten about aul Sauvignon Blank. He was a bit mental and not always in a good way. :)
He was unbelievable value! I'd forgotten about him too.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Off topic slightly but drink related, wasn't there another poster back in the day and their nome de plume was "Skinfull" also some other lad/lady who admitted to on this here forum to MMA with a Munster man outside the Horseshow House. No pens were killed or injured in the production I believe.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

hugonaut wrote: April 29th, 2021, 7:35 pm
johng wrote: April 29th, 2021, 7:11 pm I'd forgotten about aul Sauvignon Blank. He was a bit mental and not always in a good way. :)
He was unbelievable value! I'd forgotten about him too.
The Churchill speech was a high point
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan