Clermont - The Game

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Clermont - The Game

Post by Oldschool »

Degz wrote:I suppose the pictures of Cullen squeezing Rougerie's nads hasn't made it on here?
Leo claims he was only stroking them - At least it's rumoured that that's what his defense will be, if he is cited.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Degz wrote:
berniemac67 wrote:
Degz wrote:I suppose the pictures of Cullen squeezing Rougerie's nads hasn't made it on here?
no leinster player would ever commit an act of foul play
Of course, it was a friendly gesture :wink:
I think the issue is that with some ASM players there looks to be significant intent. The player I lost any respect for was Bonnaire after the game in the Aviva. While D'Arcy was bridging over a ruck he stamped at his knee sideways. You might remember D'Arcy having a go at Bonnaire after he did it.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

berniemac67 wrote:
Rougerie has, to be fair or so I've heard, absolutely massive balls. So while Cullen was engaging in foul play, and deliberately, he merely thought he was playing the ball on the ground. Imagine his surprise when he realised there were three in play!
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

TrapperChamonix wrote:
I think the issue is that with some ASM players there looks to be significant intent. The player I lost any respect for was Bonnaire after the game in the Aviva. While D'Arcy was bridging over a ruck he stamped at his knee sideways. You might remember D'Arcy having a go at Bonnaire after he did it.

i think leo's grab had significant intent. hard to imagine he had anything other than inflicting intense discomfort (at least) in mind when he reached out

i agree that some of the asm actions do look particularly bad, and i am not going to defend them

however, french club rugby is historically more violent than the same game elsewhere in the northern hemisphere. this is the land where gouging is a routine occurance

i doubt that asm are any more violent or 'dirty' than most other french club teams. it would be interesting to get the views of players who have faced all the top french teams
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

fourthirtythree wrote:
berniemac67 wrote:
Rougerie has, to be fair or so I've heard, absolutely massive balls. So while Cullen was engaging in foul play, and deliberately, he merely thought he was playing the ball on the ground. Imagine his surprise when he realised there were three in play!

you misheard i think. he said rougerie IS a massive bollix
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

fourthirtythree wrote:
berniemac67 wrote:

+1 :lol:
3 Gold Stars
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

thepunter
Bookworm

Post by thepunter »

fourthirtythree wrote:At first glance I thought that was a forward pass and the ref had made a marginal but correct call. I think we were pretty lucky when I saw the replays just after it.

He also missed a couple of forward passes that were less marginal I thought. I'm glad nobody got a citing after the game. There were a couple of digs here and there but nothing unusual really. The headlock on Cullen at the end was clumsy in the first instance and nothing untoward really. Cudmore was, well there's a reason why Cudmore spent more time banned last year (or year before?) than playing. And Cullen's dig on Faure was on field justice made a meal of. I've no problem with that from either side. There's a good chance (from my interpretation of the ref) that if there hadn't been a dive after a sanction may have been applied.
It was more than a headlock- watch it again- it was a flying loaf, followed by a fishhook.

He should be cited.
dropkickrugby.com/forum, Us lot bet on rugby
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

haven't heard any news of citings after the sf

do we know when we should hear definitively if there were any?

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

haven't heard any news of citings after the sf

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

berniemac67 wrote:haven't heard any news of citings after the sf

Nothing on the ERC web page about citings from the weekend. Hasn't the window closed by now?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

domhnallj wrote:

Nothing on the ERC web page about citings from the weekend. Hasn't the window closed by now?

yes, but sometimes there is a lag before it becomes public

last year it seemed we were sweating for weeks over sob after his little collision with nyanga

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

berniemac67 wrote:
domhnallj wrote:

yes, but sometimes there is a lag before it becomes public

last year it seemed we were sweating for weeks over sob after his little collision with nyanga

The one where Nyanga headbutted Seanie's fist, I presume.
3 Gold Stars
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:

The one where Nyanga headbutted Seanie's fist, I presume.
the dirty b$&%@#d

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
Avitacum 1871

Post by Avitacum 1871 »

Firstly I would like to apologize for my English but I am French and it means everything . I am a supporter of ASM since the age of 10 and now i am 38. I come on this forum just to tell you that your team is the best i ever seen. I was fortunate to be at the RDS in 2010 and even if we could have won that night I was impressed by your team, so powerful and fast. And leinster fans were so friendly after the game that trip to Ireland is a great souvenir for me. I hope you will be as much the next time you defeat :wink:. You face is always a special moment, made pleasure of attending a great match and fear to take a lesson. With all due respect i have for you, I hope one day victory will change camp. Perhaps the day your great 10 will reach us, why not dream, 10 Toulouse has joined us last year :D . Not possible controversy on this game has won the best.
Les supporters clermontois ont bien réussi à faire trembler la terre le samedi 29 Mai 2010 lors de la victoire de l’ASM face à Perpignan !

Un signal étrange provenant de la station des Cézeaux a été remarqué par deux sismologues.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Avitacum 1871 wrote:Firstly I would like to apologize for my English but I am French and it means everything . I am a supporter of ASM since the age of 10 and now i am 38. I come on this forum just to tell you that your team is the best i ever seen. I was fortunate to be at the RDS in 2010 and even if we could have won that night I was impressed by your team, so powerful and fast. And leinster fans were so friendly after the game that trip to Ireland is a great souvenir for me. I hope you will be as much the next time you defeat :wink:. You face is always a special moment, made pleasure of attending a great match and fear to take a lesson. With all due respect i have for you, I hope one day victory will change camp. Perhaps the day your great 10 will reach us, why not dream, 10 Toulouse has joined us last year :D . Not possible controversy on this game has won the best.
Ha thanks! And thanks to all the Clermont fans for your reception in Clermont. Merci!

Hopefully we can return the favour when you next play us in Dublin. :)
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Avitacum 1871 wrote:Firstly I would like to apologize for my English but I am French and it means everything . I am a supporter of ASM since the age of 10 and now i am 38. I come on this forum just to tell you that your team is the best i ever seen. I was fortunate to be at the RDS in 2010 and even if we could have won that night I was impressed by your team, so powerful and fast. And leinster fans were so friendly after the game that trip to Ireland is a great souvenir for me. I hope you will be as much the next time you defeat :wink:. You face is always a special moment, made pleasure of attending a great match and fear to take a lesson. With all due respect i have for you, I hope one day victory will change camp. Perhaps the day your great 10 will reach us, why not dream, 10 Toulouse has joined us last year :D . Not possible controversy on this game has won the best.
Ha thanks! And thanks to all the Clermont fans for your reception in Clermont. Merci!

Hopefully we can return the favour when you next play us in Dublin. :)
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Sorry if this has been posted before but the highlights on the ERC site are better than those on LR and include replays and interviews.

http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/matchdaytv? ... a&id=11748
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Speaking of highlights - Johng, any chance I can get a copy of the game?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
PBB
Bookworm

Post by PBB »

Mixed reactions towards ASM Clermont from posters on this site, seem to be split along the love the fans, hate the team (almost the opposite to how some of us feel about our Provincial brethren...)

It's worth recognising that the culture of the club, it's supporters and their reaction as fans to painful loss / glorious victory is more telling in the long run than individual, once off actions of players on the pitch... As a fan I feel neither responsible for or willing to make apologies for "creative" actions of team members, it's probably no coincidence that Leo has been subjected to particularly rough treatment in several of our big games - reap what you sow and all that...

In short Clermont are a club I would be proud to support and I look forward to meeting their fans (if not their team) in the future...
What we have here is a failure to communicate....