Leinster now have to play......

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster now have to play......

Post by Hornet »

Reading the Sarries forum it seems that the place was rocking, and that was down to the Clermont fans that travelled. There are some very embarrased Sarries fans wishing that their support was as passionate as the Clermont fans. My abiding memory of watching Clermont the last time we played them in France was literally watching the stands moving up and down as their fans pogoed and chanted away. Fantastic atmosphere and fans. Have sold my Granny just to make the trip down to Bordeaux. I just want to be part of the atmosphere and attempt to outshout the Clermont fans. Should be a cracking day.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Hornet wrote:Reading the Sarries forum it seems that the place was rocking, and that was down to the Clermont fans that travelled. There are some very embarrased Sarries fans wishing that their support was as passionate as the Clermont fans. My abiding memory of watching Clermont the last time we played them in France was literally watching the stands moving up and down as their fans pogoed and chanted away. Fantastic atmosphere and fans. Have sold my Granny just to make the trip down to Bordeaux. I just want to be part of the atmosphere and attempt to outshout the Clermont fans. Should be a cracking day.

We need to maximise our support to get as many of us as possible together in the ground - like against Quins, when we were all together we were amazing!!
Jaunard
Learner

Post by Jaunard »

Hornet wrote:Reading the Sarries forum it seems that the place was rocking, and that was down to the Clermont fans that travelled. There are some very embarrased Sarries fans wishing that their support was as passionate as the Clermont fans. My abiding memory of watching Clermont the last time we played them in France was literally watching the stands moving up and down as their fans pogoed and chanted away. Fantastic atmosphere and fans. Have sold my Granny just to make the trip down to Bordeaux. I just want to be part of the atmosphere and attempt to outshout the Clermont fans. Should be a cracking day.
La Marseillaise at Vicarage Road
Repeat : La Marseillaise at Vicarage Road....
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

mikey wrote:

We need to maximise our support to get as many of us as possible together in the ground - like against Quins, when we were all together we were amazing!![/quote.

Hopefully the ticket allocation will help keep us all together. It'll be a hell of an effort trying to out cheer Clermont fans (who were incredible in Watford) but it's a challenge we'll have to relish!
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

At least we won't have to put up with "Stand Up for the Saracens"
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Terraceman
Graduate

Post by Terraceman »

This match has the makings of a classic. TBH I can't see anywhere near 5,000 people travelling for it. I'd say it will be closer to 2,000. Counting down the days already.
Ah it's alright mate I've being looking to change that wing mirror- Rocky Elsom 19/05/2009
22dropout
Bookworm

Post by 22dropout »

There's a heap of spanair airplanes on the tarmac at dublin airport. How hard could it be to charter one of these to bordeaux for the match? All we need is a couple of leinster fan pilots, aviation fuel. Everyone pays the costs. No profit for anyone. I'll even fly it back. Played a10 Cuba a few years back. How hard can it be?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

22dropout wrote:There's a heap of spanair airplanes on the tarmac at dublin airport. How hard could it be to charter one of these to bordeaux for the match? All we need is a couple of leinster fan pilots, aviation fuel and a couple of hundred grand for a bond. Everyone pays the costs. No profit for anyone. I'll even fly it back. Played a10 Cuba a few years back. How hard can it be?
I have Bumbleflex
scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

Cianostays wrote:
mikey wrote:

We need to maximise our support to get as many of us as possible together in the ground - like against Quins, when we were all together we were amazing!![/quote.

Hopefully the ticket allocation will help keep us all together. It'll be a hell of an effort trying to out cheer Clermont fans (who were incredible in Watford) but it's a challenge we'll have to relish!

Based on e-mail from LR tickets on sale in six different price categories - someone needs to cotact OLSC to see can they manage to ensure tix released in such a way we are all kept together.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Scrum25

Have just emailed the OLSC to pass on the request. I'm not sure what they can do exactly but if you don't ask the question, you won't find out the answer.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

All the cash from tickets after expenses goes to the ERC doesn't it so it wouldn't make a difference to Leinster Rugby which seats the Leinster fans bought, would it?
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

when Clermot played in the QF at the RDS, our PA announcer told them to sit down! their jumping up and down was a health and safety risk! I think that the ASM fans are the best, actually better then us!!, They are loud, colourful and take a beating really well with smiles and laughter - they are a great bunch of people and I really enjoyed their company - I am always pleased when our blue and yellow banners are mistaken for Clemont when we are away in France. Our two clubs have a lot in common! both of us were considered perpetual bottlers and I am sure ASM had some french equivalent nicknames like ladyboys too!! However both clubs have now won and all that is history! I am dying to play them again and beat them!

Let Munster twin with the Tigers as they fans forum say - Leinster are, in my view, twinned with Clermont!
jhc99
Knowledgeable

Post by jhc99 »

cormac wrote:At least we won't have to put up with "Stand Up for the Saracens"
I love that song - cracking tune!
In BOD we trust
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Blåränderna wrote:We shouldn't fear Clermont at all, Joe knows how they play and we've beaten them plenty of times. They're not playing at 'home' either, Bordeaux is a long way away and won't hold the same fear as their real home. I think we should be holding our heads up high going into this. We're still slight favourites to win and for a reason.

Fill me in? I thought we won 2 from 3 and that's only because a certain fly half had a very public melt down in the rds. If you think Clermont are not to be feared you're watching a different sport to me
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

[Jackass] wrote:It's a shame this game isn't the final. It's going to be incredibly tough to win over there, but I believe we can do it, but am sure to be sh*tting bricks between now and then. Their line-up is insanely good though. No weakness. But then, so is ours, and we don't have any either.

Have Clermont ever played in Bordeaux before?

Irish players might remember it as the venue for some classic encounters and happy memories when we played Georgia and Namibia there in the world cup 2007. Possibly the venue where O'Droscill got his face smashed in in a pre-world cup warm up game, but not certain of that one.
O`Driscoll got done down the coast in Bayonne.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Cianostays wrote:Scrum25

Have just emailed the OLSC to pass on the request. I'm not sure what they can do exactly but if you don't ask the question, you won't find out the answer.
Got the following response from the guys and gals of the OLSC

Hi Cian,

Thanks for the email.

We are working with the ticket office and hope to have details of exactly where our allocation is for in Bordeaux (and what sections have the most tickets).

The allocation is determined by the ERC so we can not choose as such but we'll be doing our best to get the blue army together, we hope to have this information
in advance of 10am tomorrow morning, details will be on Facebook/Twitter as soon as we have it.

Kind regards,
The OLSC Team

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

madridlion wrote:
[Jackass] wrote:It's a shame this game isn't the final. It's going to be incredibly tough to win over there, but I believe we can do it, but am sure to be sh*tting bricks between now and then. Their line-up is insanely good though. No weakness. But then, so is ours, and we don't have any either.

Have Clermont ever played in Bordeaux before?

Irish players might remember it as the venue for some classic encounters and happy memories when we played Georgia and Namibia there in the world cup 2007. Possibly the venue where O'Droscill got his face smashed in in a pre-world cup warm up game, but not certain of that one.
O`Driscoll got done down the coast in Bayonne.
Yep in Le stade Jean-Dauger, they set us up, was there that night, they tried to beat seven bells out of us, more great support their donkey mascot Patoka is fantastic. Another wonderful set of supporters, love them to bits, they have a wonderful song, worth a listen : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiiM4BHz8go would be great to play them in the H Cup sometime.
Flying wedge
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Cianostays wrote:
Cianostays wrote:Scrum25

Got the following response from the guys and gals of the OLSC

Hi Cian,

Thanks for the email.

We are working with the ticket office and hope to have details of exactly where our allocation is for in Bordeaux (and what sections have the most tickets).

The allocation is determined by the ERC so we can not choose as such but we'll be doing our best to get the blue army together, we hope to have this information
in advance of 10am tomorrow morning, details will be on Facebook/Twitter as soon as we have it.

Kind regards,
The OLSC Team
Toulouse fans got the best seats in the house at the semi last year, lower tier right on the half way line.
Expect to be shafted to the corners for this one a la stade municipal in Toulouse.
3 Gold Stars
Proudleinsterman
Knowledgeable

Re: Need Tickets for SF

Post by Proudleinsterman »

Any STH's out there not using their ticket allocation for the SF. Would be much obliged, plane tickets bought.

Anybody hear from OLSC where most of the tickets for Leinster supportors will be??