brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Blind Dave to ref QF

Post by brummie-leinster-man »

Frederico
Beginner

Re: Blind Dave to ref QF

Post by Frederico »

Not just blind but fat....Is he the fattest referee of all time?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

normally when he refs he's a bit of a homer so might work out for us

that said he is going to get some serious booing when his name is read out

am I right in saying he got dropped for final rounds of 6n? be interesting to see what matches if nay he gets this summer
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

I had the Quins / Bath game on in the background earlier and heard them mention something about him and Wayne Barnes being dropped from international duty or something to that effect
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

brummie-leinster-man wrote:I had the Quins / Bath game on in the background earlier and heard them mention something about him and Wayne Barnes being dropped from international duty or something to that effect

Correctomundo, them pair of clowns are dropped from the tier 1 panel of 9 refs. Afaik there is no English ref on the top tier now.

Give me Monseuir Poite everytime.
3 Gold Stars
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Sauvignon Blank wrote:
brummie-leinster-man wrote:I had the Quins / Bath game on in the background earlier and heard them mention something about him and Wayne Barnes being dropped from international duty or something to that effect

Correctomundo, them pair of clowns are dropped from the tier 1 panel of 9 refs. Afaik there is no English ref on the top tier now.

That's actually quite satisfying. Inclined to agree about Poite, he is one of a few decent refs out there atm.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

brummie-leinster-man wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:

That's actually quite satisfying. Inclined to agree about Poite, he is one of a few decent refs out there atm.
Used to hate Poite but I don't have an issue with him ever since he started to communicate with the players more (shouting hands off at ruck time or getting the pillars to stop encroaching on the offside line etc). He seems to make far more of an effort than most refs do in this regard.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

Ah lads... poite? seriously? the man barely knows what a scrum is, never mind that laws concerning it...

last HEC final ring any bells?
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

slum wrote:Ah lads... poite? seriously? the man barely knows what a scrum is, never mind that laws concerning it...

Yep, he was excellent, and refereed it exactly the same way as he has refereed any game he did before or since. Probably the best ref in the NH.

Just because he refused to bend a knee to Captain Turnip the media has had a down on him since.
I have Bumbleflex
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

Dave Cahill wrote:
slum wrote:Ah lads... poite? seriously? the man barely knows what a scrum is, never mind that laws concerning it...

Yep, he was excellent, and refereed it exactly the same way as he has refereed any game he did before or since. Probably the best ref in the NH.

Just because he refused to bend a knee to Captain Turnip the media has had a down on him since.
i couldn't give a toss about captain turnip. poite does not know/does not care about the basic principles of the scrum. whoever is going forward by any means wins a penalty...
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Frederico wrote:Not just blind but fat....Is he the fattest referee of all time?
That 'honour' would go to the venerable Tappe Henning of South Africa
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on