A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by mildlyinterested »

riocard911 wrote: April 1st, 2021, 11:49 am
blockhead wrote: April 1st, 2021, 11:20 am
Dave Cahill wrote: April 1st, 2021, 11:08 am Well I think that definitively proves that the signing of Jenkins was the right thing to do.
I suspect Munster would rather surgically cut Ahern’s hamstrings than let him go to Leinster
You used the exact same terminology few a years ago. Hmmmm

Also, last night on off the ball
They used my joke, which I posted on here a few day ago, at the top of the rugby podcast, it hurt ROG deeply.
(the one about Munster Rugby being investigated by Gardai for making an unessessary journey at the weekend)
Word for word.
Interesting that RO'G never got asked bout the Pro14 final. Can't imagine he's happy with the situation in Limerick. Paulie was complaining about the lack of home grown talent being brought thru two years ago and very little to nothing has changed since then (other than the dramatic rise in his personal standing within the IRFU). I could see a MO'C solution happening in Thomond Park, should the "bloodbath" vs Toulouse, feared by Louise Galvin amongst others, come to pass this weekend. I know the financial situation doesn't lend itself to change of head coach, but as the Germans say: "Lieber ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende" ("Better a horrible ending than a horror without end".
think it was clear he didn't want to discuss it and him and Molloy had agreed to avoid it.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote: April 1st, 2021, 11:08 am Well I think that definitively proves that the signing of Jenkins was the right thing to do.
I suspect Munster would rather surgically cut Ahern’s hamstrings than let him go to Leinster

They used my joke, which I posted on here a few day ago, at the top of the rugby podcast, it hurt ROG deeply.
(the one about Munster Rugby being investigated by Gardai for making an unessessary journey at the weekend)
Word for word.
... but as the Germans say: "Lieber ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende" ("Better a horrible ending than a horror without end".
yeah but...!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 1st, 2021, 12:03 pm

Word for word.
Interesting that RO'G never got asked bout the Pro14 final. Can't imagine he's happy with the situation in Limerick. Paulie was complaining about the lack of home grown talent being brought thru two years ago and very little to nothing has changed since then (other than the dramatic rise in his personal standing within the IRFU). I could see a MO'C solution happening in Thomond Park, should the "bloodbath" vs Toulouse, feared by Louise Galvin amongst others, come to pass this weekend. I know the financial situation doesn't lend itself to change of head coach, but as the Germans say: "Lieber ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende" ("Better a horrible ending than a horror without end".
think it was clear he didn't want to discuss it and him and Molloy had agreed to avoid it.
Why oh why would Le RO'G not wish to discuss it? Would it make it harder to face those lads in a dressing room if he slated their commitment now?
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

probably doesn't want to be publicly critical of munster's coaches and players.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 1st, 2021, 12:17 pm probably doesn't want to be publicly critical of munster's coaches and players.
I know MI, but what are his motivations around that? Personal, career or he paid a fortune for the rights for a play he will now never direct?
Daniel Sullivan
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

He's just done a bit of business with them and he might want to do more. I'd say he wants to avoid any bad blood with the current coaches, let alone the club itself.

I'd say he's reluctant to slate any players by name too, given that he might end up coaching them in one capacity or another.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

I'm surprised at that. It's weak sauce from both participants.

They didn't discuss the final because their panelist used to play for the losing team? That's all very delicate.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

hugonaut wrote: April 1st, 2021, 1:08 pm

They didn't discuss the final because their panelist used to play for the losing team? That's all very delicate.
Exactly, get jenno on there he'll be dressed for the occasion and ready to tap dance!
Daniel Sullivan
heno
Knowledgeable

Post by heno »

hugonaut wrote:

Id say its more to do with him wanting his cv to be first in the pile if the bloodbath happens this weekend.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

ROG claimed to not have seen the game.. so didn't want to comment on it. :roll:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Hold on, haven't ye spent the week giving out about the media talking too much about Muster?

So now you want more Munster talk?!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

wixfjord wrote: April 1st, 2021, 1:46 pm Hold on, haven't ye spent the week giving out about the media talking too much about Muster?

well they didn't talk about Leinster either :lol:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Maybe he knows that a certain dressing room has been lost.
If you think about it the Munster we all know and love simply didn't show up last weekend.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 1st, 2021, 1:48 pm
wixfjord wrote: April 1st, 2021, 1:46 pm Hold on, haven't ye spent the week giving out about the media talking too much about Muster?

I turned it off after 5 mins as he was only talking about his inner thoughts about substituions or whatever.
Wasn't waiting around for his trademark, slow licking of both lips with his fully extended tounge.
Creeps me out does that.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

It's all the eulogising that we object to.
A bit of good old mud slinging is much more fun.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

heno wrote: April 1st, 2021, 1:28 pm
hugonaut wrote:

Id say its more to do with him wanting his cv to be first in the pile if the bloodbath happens this weekend.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
I dunno would the timing be quite right for RO'G. As far as I can make out, it's been his goal to have won silverwear as a headcoach abroad, before coming home to take charge of his beloved Reds. His reluctance to get into a dissection of that abysmal Munster performance in the Pro14 final, I imagine, is, that as part of the Munster "brains trust" he could be one of those wielding daggers - i.e. the MO'C solution, I referred to earlier - should Toulouse make a holy show of the Southern Brethren on their home turf this weekend.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

p.s. I don't believe in a million years RO'G hadn't watched that match by the time he went on Wednesday's OTB.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

blockhead wrote: April 1st, 2021, 1:59 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: April 1st, 2021, 1:48 pm

I turned it off after 5 mins as he was only talking about his inner thoughts about substituions or whatever.
Wasn't waiting around for his trademark, slow licking of both lips with his fully extended tounge.
Creeps me out does that.
I wants that job! I wants it! My preciousssssssss!
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

blockhead wrote: April 1st, 2021, 1:59 pm
Creeps me out does that.
:lol: :lol: brilliant!

I do love listening to ROG though, I will take his lack of whimsical approach to analysis over most of the other lads any day.

I’m literally picturing him now doing his face, cheers :lol:
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Theres a lot more to it than that I reckon. Firstly, he coaches at the same level as JVG, so he'd be sympathetic by association. Secondly, because he coaches at that same level, then it's possible that LaR will come up against Munster in the not too distant future - so why make yourself a hostage to fortune. Thirdly, his name is constantly bandied about in association with the Munster , so anything he says will be seen through the lens of 'the next munster coach' - even if he has no particular interest in it. And if he is interested in it, a wise man gets someone else to do his backstabbing for him - he'll have picked that up from EOS.
I have Bumbleflex