A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by RoboProp »

Caliphi wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 11:38 am In yesterday’s Sunday Times Stephen Jones picks his ‘best in the world XV’, as do Stuart Barnes and Peter O’Reilly.
Interestingly, Jones picks 6 Leinster players in his 15, along with Ian Henderson. Five of the Leinster six would be guessable – Sexton, Doris, Furlong, Kelleher and Porter. The sixth is a surprise. Ahead of Dupont – chosen indeed by Barnes and O’Reilly – Jones has chosen no other than Jamison Gibson-Park as the best scrum half in the world in November 2021!
Delighted for JGP, but maybe Jonesy overdid the Brains Bitter on Saturday?
Jones singing the praises of Irish players? Is this a portent of the apocalypse? I've not read him in umpteen years, so maybe he's changed his tune, but leopard spots comes to mind
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

If he was always wrong in the past, he is always wrong now. Trust the process.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

fourthirtythree wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 12:33 pm If he was always wrong in the past, he is always wrong now. Trust the process.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

For those haven't seen it, Joe Marler's post-Boks-match presser is fabulous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvmQ1EyyIXU

I'd love someone to send this to Lansdowne Road and UCD. I watch regularly our lads in front of the microphone in blue and green and all the time they're 100% on message, repeating the same old, worn-out clichés about "taking each match as it comes", "respecting the opposition" and of course, that hardy perennial "training is going great". Like I give a monkey's how training went; all that counts is the performance on matchday. Fair play to Joe Marler; at least one active professional rugby player has understood, that he's in the entertainment business, and speaks in a way that resonates with fans and doesn't bore them to death.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:16 pm For those haven't seen it, Joe Marler's post-Boks-match presser is fabulous.

I'd love someone to send this to Lansdowne Road and UCD. I watch regularly our lads in front of the microphone in blue and green and all the time they're 100% on message, repeating the same old, worn-out clichés about "taking each match as it comes", "respecting the opposition" and of course, that hardy perennial "training is going great". Like I give a monkey's how training went; all that counts is the performance on matchday. Fair play to Joe Marler; at least one active professional rugby player has understood, that he's in the entertainment business, and speaks in a way that resonates with fans and doesn't bore them to death.
Reminiscent of James Lowe calling everyone bollixes, breath of fresh air if you ask me
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

riocard911 wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 1:16 pm For those haven't seen it, Joe Marler's post-Boks-match presser is fabulous.

His podcast is good as well - refreshingly it's not about rugby :)
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Smart man Joe. Investing in his future, when JoePublic will provide the bread, not the RFU
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Very good interview with Mick Dawson on The42 - https://www.the42.ie/mick-dawson-the42-5619525-Dec2021/

Between him, Leo and Stu it always strikes me that we have three leaders with low ego, which can only be good.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

wixfjord wrote: December 4th, 2021, 1:03 pm Very good interview with Mick Dawson on The42 - https://www.the42.ie/mick-dawson-the42-5619525-Dec2021/

Between him, Leo and Stu it always strikes me that we have three leaders with low ego, which can only be good.
Great read. The argy-bargy bit about Cheika is funny. Hope MD gets the IRFU gig, if he wants it, that is.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

RoboProp wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 12:12 pm
Caliphi wrote: November 22nd, 2021, 11:38 am In yesterday’s Sunday Times Stephen Jones picks his ‘best in the world XV’, as do Stuart Barnes and Peter O’Reilly.
Interestingly, Jones picks 6 Leinster players in his 15, along with Ian Henderson. Five of the Leinster six would be guessable – Sexton, Doris, Furlong, Kelleher and Porter. The sixth is a surprise. Ahead of Dupont – chosen indeed by Barnes and O’Reilly – Jones has chosen no other than Jamison Gibson-Park as the best scrum half in the world in November 2021!
Delighted for JGP, but maybe Jonesy overdid the Brains Bitter on Saturday?
Jones singing the praises of Irish players? Is this a portent of the apocalypse? I've not read him in umpteen years, so maybe he's changed his tune, but leopard spots comes to mind
Love him or hate him, he thinks long term.
The Lions coaching job is up for grabs.
He'd certainly be in the running.
Getting some of his ducks or leprechauns in a row maybe.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Not Eddie. The troll.

I take whatever Eddie Jones says very seriously, with the caveat that he's a liar.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

wixfjord wrote: December 4th, 2021, 1:03 pm Very good interview with Mick Dawson on The42 - https://www.the42.ie/mick-dawson-the42-5619525-Dec2021/

great read, thanks for posting
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/ru ... 62575.html
Leinster could “game the system” by convincingly beating a really poor bath side twice. Not sure that’s gaming the system Robert. I wonder was that him or some chippy editor from cork.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

paddyor wrote: December 9th, 2021, 10:05 pm https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/ru ... 62575.html
Leinster could “game the system” by convincingly beating a really poor bath side twice. Not sure that’s gaming the system Robert. I wonder was that him or some chippy editor from cork.
Scoring a shedload of points is "gaming"? I think the gentleman needs to be reintroduced to the concepts "winning", "game" , and "sport".
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

paddyor wrote: December 9th, 2021, 10:05 pm https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/ru ... 62575.html
so beating your opposition is gaming the system now?

jaysis wept
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

The system is a game, If we win it's gaming because our success would be ludic rather than narrative. Our cousins own that.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Well its the exact same article as is in The Guardian so I'd say it's Kitson himself and not an editor from De Examiner
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Is that a normal thing where de paper just prints articles from the grauniad?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: December 10th, 2021, 4:08 pm Is that a normal thing where de paper just prints articles from the grauniad?
Sin de cait yon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The headline on the same article in the Guardian...

Leinster and Toulouse stand out in uneven and unusual Champions Cup
I have Bumbleflex