A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by curates_egg »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:42 pm
naraic wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:40 pm I'm at work and I can't listen to a podcast.

https://www.the42.ie/rugby-weekly-podca ... 1-Dec2022/

Can someone please tell me that my fears from reading the headline are meaningless.
Meaningless.
Apparently, it was also discussed on Demented Mole, so Hugo can chip in. Kite flying I guess.

The logic would be getting a coach on the cheap because they're damaged goods. But I'm not convinced Pivac is in the Lancaster bracket.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Pivac would be an absolute disaster. Pound shop Pat Lam.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I don't think that's entirely fair to Pivac Cormac, he got to consecutive League finals, winning one (the hard way, away to Leinster, away to Munster) and a Six Nations with Wales - and when you consider the absolute state of Welsh rugby I think those are significant achievements
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Word on the street in Wales is that he does very little actual coaching. He’d be a terrible replacement for Lancaster.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

cormac wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 4:56 pm Word on the street in Wales is that he does very little actual coaching. He’d be a terrible replacement for Lancaster.
The word on the street in Wales isn't worth the air it's uttered with - the word on the street in Wales for the last 20 years has been that they're joining the premiership and where are they?
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 4:41 pm I don't think that's entirely fair to Pivac Cormac, he got to consecutive League finals, winning one (the hard way, away to Leinster, away to Munster) and a Six Nations with Wales - and when you consider the absolute state of Welsh rugby I think those are significant achievements
Good point. Credit, where credit is due!
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

naraic wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 1:40 pm I'm at work and I can't listen to a podcast.

https://www.the42.ie/rugby-weekly-podca ... 1-Dec2022/

Can someone please tell me that my fears from reading the headline are meaningless.
A question posed by a poster from this forum to The42 team to discuss, nothing more.
He might be able to add if he heard it somewhere or thought it up himself
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dave Cahill wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 4:58 pm
cormac wrote: December 2nd, 2022, 4:56 pm Word on the street in Wales is that he does very little actual coaching. He’d be a terrible replacement for Lancaster.
The word on the street in Wales isn't worth the air it's uttered with - the word on the street in Wales for the last 20 years has been that they're joining the premiership and where are they?
Any day now
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Warburton went out of his way to defend his mates in that piece he wrote but I’m not sure what exactly he was defending on the part of the individual coaches. It’s also rumoured he was involved in Trying to shiv the Ospreys and pushing players in the direction of certain regions. The type of things that will make you a lot of enenmies and generate rumours
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Jesus gerry didnt hide his fandom on off the ball tonight
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 7th, 2022, 8:32 pm Jesus gerry didnt hide his fandom on off the ball tonight
What was he spouting? Fair play to you being able to listen to him, the cadence of his speech and his forced inhales trigger my misophonia
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote: December 7th, 2022, 8:32 pm Jesus gerry didnt hide his fandom on off the ball tonight
What did he say?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

wixfjord wrote: December 7th, 2022, 9:50 pm
What did he say?
To summarize ...... "Never bet against Munster in Thomond Park"

In fairness we know he's a huge fan, He doesn't try to hide it, so I'm not sure how much we can get PO'ed by his Munster-love.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

LeinsterLeader wrote: December 8th, 2022, 11:45 am
What did he say?

In fairness we know he's a huge fan, He doesn't try to hide it, so I'm not sure how much we can get PO'ed by his Munster-love.
He said that a good rule is to never bet against Munster in Thomond in Europe.

Hardly Comical Ali levels of bias there is it?

I watched WNR and there was nothing in what he said that I had any issue with, so interested to see what mildly was perturbed by.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

wixfjord wrote: December 8th, 2022, 11:55 am
LeinsterLeader wrote: December 8th, 2022, 11:45 am

What did he say?

He said that a good rule is to never bet against Munster in Thomond in Europe.

Hardly Comical Ali levels of bias there is it?

I watched WNR and there was nothing in what he said that I had any issue with, so interested to see what mildly was perturbed by.
It’s all fan service, play the hits like.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Anyone with an Indo sub want to give the jist of this? (Don't worry, we won't judge...)

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 42159.html
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

wixfjord wrote: December 24th, 2022, 3:14 pm Anyone with an Indo sub want to give the jist of this? (Don't worry, we won't judge...)

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 42159.html
Leinster have a 'priority' group when it comes to re-signing players; Locko found himself outside it. A lot of players took pay-cuts or moved because club incomes, and as a result, player salaries, were down due to Covid prohibiting attendances at matches.

He [obviously] knew his contract was up for re-negotiation, and his agent had been to the market. He was offered a one year deal on less money than he had been on by Leinster, and Exeter came back to him with a solid offer.

‘Look, you’re probably not going to be happy with the offer, and realistically it’s probably not what your value is here, but it’s the best we can do.’ [Leo Cullen to Locko].

Locko's mum was born in England, and his last cap for Ireland was in 2017, so he qualifies as English for PRL purposes.
chrismcc
Bookworm

Post by chrismcc »

hugonaut wrote: December 24th, 2022, 4:33 pm
Leinster have a 'priority' group when it comes to re-signing players; Locko found himself outside it. A lot of players took pay-cuts or moved because club incomes, and as a result, player salaries, were down due to Covid prohibiting attendances at matches.

He [obviously] knew his contract was up for re-negotiation, and his agent had been to the market. He was offered a one year deal on less money than he had been on by Leinster, and Exeter came back to him with a solid offer.

‘Look, you’re probably not going to be happy with the offer, and realistically it’s probably not what your value is here, but it’s the best we can do.’ [Leo Cullen to Locko].

Locko's mum was born in England, and his last cap for Ireland was in 2017, so he qualifies as English for PRL purposes.
Wait did you just give a concise, balanced summary of an indo article :shock: where's the outrage, the hyperbole, the sensationalism... come on!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

You know, Bernard Jackman was, you know, saying that other URC teams, you know, wouldn't have signed Jason Jenkins if they had, you know, Joe McCarthy on the, you know, RTE podcast.

Is that Jackman's subtle way of, you know, saying leinster shouldn't have, you know, signed him?

I'm not sure, you know, but Big Joe and Baird will be in, you know, contention for a, you know, world Cup squad place. Development isn't, you know, being affected at all.

Does anyone know, you know?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

He was praising Leinster's squad building.
I have Bumbleflex