A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by CiaranIrl »

Dexter wrote: March 19th, 2021, 10:50 pm
cormac wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:24 pm
D4surfer wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:21 pm https://www.the42.ie/eir-sport-5385845-Mar2021/

Probably wrong thread but eir Sport not bidding for new contract. Who will buy broadcast rights for next season?
Think SKY are looking to come back in.
Woohoo.. I can get rid of Eir broadband!!
Good luck trying to cancel that. You may as well look up the ombudsman complaints process now. Make sure to cancel the direct debit immediately after canceling and record absolutely every interaction with them.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

CiaranIrl wrote: March 19th, 2021, 11:58 pm
cormac wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:24 pm

Think SKY are looking to come back in.
Good luck trying to cancel that. You may as well look up the ombudsman complaints process now. Make sure to cancel the direct debit immediately after canceling and record absolutely every interaction with them.
Actually that's a good point. Won't the new broadband provider take care of that? In any case, good call to cancel the direct debit.
Dont Panic!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Dexter wrote: March 20th, 2021, 2:32 pm
CiaranIrl wrote: March 19th, 2021, 11:58 pm

Actually that's a good point. Won't the new broadband provider take care of that? In any case, good call to cancel the direct debit.
Eir are notorious for making it as hard as possible to cancel. I had a nightmare dealing with once. I'd rather chew glass than ever use Eir again.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

CiaranIrl wrote: March 20th, 2021, 2:36 pm

Eir are notorious for making it as hard as possible to cancel. I had a nightmare dealing with once. I'd rather chew glass than ever use Eir again.
So I believe. Their broadband is sh!t too, where I live anyway. I'll just switch provider and cancel the DD once the season ends.
Dont Panic!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I can't wait until monday for Gavin Cummisky to tell us how sh!t today's rugby was
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote: March 20th, 2021, 10:46 pm I can't wait until monday for Gavin Cummisky to tell us how sh!t today's rugby was
If we had scored any more points he'd be calling it a facile victory. :lol:
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Dexter wrote: March 20th, 2021, 2:40 pm
CiaranIrl wrote: March 20th, 2021, 2:36 pm

So I believe. Their broadband is sh!t too, where I live anyway. I'll just switch provider and cancel the DD once the season ends.
30 day notice period so you can time it to end the day after the final of the Rainbow Cup. I left Eir in December and they still send me bills. One of them contained services I never actually had. Agree with poster above that chewing glass would be preferable to using Eir again. Awful excuse for a TelCo.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote: March 20th, 2021, 10:46 pm I can't wait until monday for Gavin Cummisky to tell us how sh!t today's rugby was
I meant to reply to this with a prediction that he'd manage to include something snide about CJ and guess what...

He also had the cheek to say that project players unearthed some xenophobia that was lurking in the country. Don't know about anyone else but he'd be in my top three for people who come to mind when I think of that being an issue.

I think a few us mentioned that he acts like a frustrated/failed film critic and I see that he has some kind of sports film review on the back page of yesterday's sports supplement. It's about He Got Game...ironically.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Stu Lancaster on the Rugby Pod on Spotify
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

RoboProp wrote: March 30th, 2021, 8:24 am Stu Lancaster on the Rugby Pod on Spotify
:clap:

https://www.the42.ie/stuart-lancaster-l ... 2-Mar2021/

Lancaster is all about the here and now – which involves taking on Toulon in the Champions Cup round of 16 on Friday night at the RDS, fresh from a fourth consecutive Pro14 title – but it’s hard not to glance further ahead too.

“I can’t help but think about the team that Leinster can have in the future,” he says.

“You know, it’s not like I’m sat thinking, ‘We’ve got players coming to the end of their cycle’. You think about a Robbie Henshaw or a Garry Ringrose or Ciarán Frawley or a Harry Byrne or a Ross Byrne or a Luke McGrath or a Jamison Gibson-Park or Caelan Doris, James Ryan, these guys… they’re the young lads coming through, so there’s no reason why as a team we can’t be at the top end of Pro14 rugby and European rugby.

“The grass isn’t always greener on the other side, I guess, is the moral of the story.”
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

In fairness to GC, he’s in a long line of truly awful Irish rugby journalists. MK is the only one that I’d be bothered reading.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Was enjoying Woodie being depressed at just how rubbish Munster were last Saturday until 4 minutes in when he came out with the auld “Leinster outmunstered Munster” line. Does the man have an original thought in his head, he’s so obviously still living in the early to late 2000s when being “munstered” was a thing

https://youtu.be/wjtOsZar7fA
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 30th, 2021, 1:34 pm Was enjoying Woodie being depressed at just how rubbish Munster were last Saturday until 4 minutes in when he came out with the auld “Leinster outmunstered Munster” line. Does the man have an original thought in his head, he’s so obviously still living in the early to late 2000s when being “munstered” was a thing

I'm convinced a significant portion of the Irish media glance at the highlights and then trot out the relevant cliche's off the back of that every week.

There is considerably more insight in this forum then there are in 90% of the pods out there. At least Jim Hamilton and Andy Goode don't pretend to be serious and make it very clear it's about entertainment. Off the Ball is largely neither insightful nor entertaining
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

bluemagic wrote: March 30th, 2021, 1:54 pm
Oldschoolsocks wrote: March 30th, 2021, 1:34 pm Was enjoying Woodie being depressed at just how rubbish Munster were last Saturday until 4 minutes in when he came out with the auld “Leinster outmunstered Munster” line. Does the man have an original thought in his head, he’s so obviously still living in the early to late 2000s when being “munstered” was a thing

I'm convinced a significant portion of the Irish media glance at the highlights and then trot out the relevant cliche's off the back of that every week.

There is considerably more insight in this forum then there are in 90% of the pods out there. At least Jim Hamilton and Andy Goode don't pretend to be serious and make it very clear it's about entertainment. Off the Ball is largely neither insightful nor entertaining
Blood and Mud give it a fair shake every now and again as they try to balance the Bants/tactics and keep the content relevant with no guests. (that said, I've not listened to anything rugby related outside of BTTV in the past 12 months. (Which is Hugo's fault tbh)
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Hugh Cahill at the start of the rte rugby podcast

"there are several things i'd rather do than wear a leinster top around the place, gouge my eyes out so im not supporting leinster I can tell ye"
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Peg Leg wrote: March 30th, 2021, 2:37 pm

Blood and Mud give it a fair shake every now and again as they try to balance the Bants/tactics and keep the content relevant with no guests. (that said, I've not listened to anything rugby related outside of BTTV in the past 12 months. (Which is Hugo's fault tbh)
After writing this I decided to listen to Blood and Mud, which was terrible. 1hr & 20 mins of bants, rugby analysis is behind a patreon sub (which is only 20e p/a, but I don't think I'll be signing up).
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Peg Leg wrote: March 31st, 2021, 3:56 pm
Peg Leg wrote: March 30th, 2021, 2:37 pm

After writing this I decided to listen to Blood and Mud, which was terrible. 1hr & 20 mins of bants, rugby analysis is behind a patreon sub (which is only 20e p/a, but I don't think I'll be signing up).
i apologise for my part in making you listen to that tripe
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 31st, 2021, 3:42 pm Hugh Cahill at the start of the rte rugby podcast

"there are several things i'd rather do than wear a leinster top around the place, gouge my eyes out so im not supporting leinster I can tell ye"
First time listening for a while. Not that great. In fairness. I think that was the other RTE correspondent Wes Liddy who made that quote. Thought it was an ex-player for most of it. Similarly to Newstalk, it was at least 90% about Munster in the aftermath of the Final.

A couple of moments did make me laugh, whether intentional or not. I trust Danny Barnes used to have Frankie Sheahan as an agent when they said he regularly won Man of the Matches whenever Frankie was commentating. Remember a game where David Wallace went off field as Munster were losing by seven and won by about 14 points in final 20 minutes; and Frankie gave his lead client Wallace (phenomenal player but not near MoTM that day) to his client.

Also; Donal Lenihan complaining that other Cork clubs besides UCC can field Under 20 teams to play Cork Con'. When you hoover up all the schools and club players in the area for yourself, it is easy to see why other clubs may struggle to field half-decent sides.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

SoupyNorman wrote: March 31st, 2021, 4:30 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: March 31st, 2021, 3:42 pm Hugh Cahill at the start of the rte rugby podcast

First time listening for a while. Not that great. In fairness. I think that was the other RTE correspondent Wes Liddy who made that quote. Thought it was an ex-player for most of it. Similarly to Newstalk, it was at least 90% about Munster in the aftermath of the Final.

A couple of moments did make me laugh, whether intentional or not. I trust Danny Barnes used to have Frankie Sheahan as an agent when they said he regularly won Man of the Matches whenever Frankie was commentating. Remember a game where David Wallace went off field as Munster were losing by seven and won by about 14 points in final 20 minutes; and Frankie gave his lead client Wallace (phenomenal player but not near MoTM that day) to his client.

Also; Donal Lenihan complaining that other Cork clubs besides UCC can field Under 20 teams to play Cork Con'. When you hoover up all the schools and club players in the area for yourself, it is easy to see why other clubs may struggle to field half-decent sides.
Munster had all the possession on this podcast. West Cork schools got more mention than Leinster. Painful sh1te.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Im ashamed to say that he's a former CBC Monkstown Past pupil.... If he knew anything about Rugby , I'd be concerned - but the guy is an oxygen thief