A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by blockhead »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 7:38 pm Assuredly Ali ?
G&Tonical Ali?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

blockhead wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 7:45 pm
G&Tonical Ali?
That’s much better, maith an fear

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

The GT match report briefly mentioned Leinster's 'blend of youth and inexperience' iirc and left it at that in respect of the relative profiles of the teams. There was little or no criticism of Munster for their total lack of shape in attack or match smarts. Meanwhile R Nugent on BT Sport was giving it loads of Tommy Bowe every time the team in red managed two consecutive passes.

The conspiracy is real - and I genuinely don't understand it. Back when we were playing rubbish under MOC we deserved every barb we received, no problem with that. Why are their issues not seen as a proper topic of discussion?
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Daire O'Brien doesn't wait a minute to negatively say that Leinster's second team are the 2nd best team in Ireland just because they beat Munster, completely ignoring that Ulster have beaten Leinster twice this season.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Are there actually people who think Ulster will beat Munster? Have they never seen an Ulster team in a big game? This is a team that makes Leinster 2002 - 2007 look like early 70s Leeds in terms of mental fortitude
I have Bumbleflex
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

8.29pm and Monday Night Rugby on OTB finally turn its attention to the European final on Saturday. What do you think they were talking about for the 25 mins up to then? Clue: GT and Fiona Hayes were the panellists
Still they managed to give it a massive 6 mins
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

enby wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:34 pm 8.29pm and Monday Night Rugby on OTB finally turn its attention to the European final on Saturday. What do you think they were talking about for the 25 mins up to then? Clue: GT and Fiona Hayes were the panellists
Sorry to sound harsh enby, but its your fault. You listened to it. You contributed to the numbers that validate their editorial choices.
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:32 pm Are there actually people who think Ulster will beat Munster? Have they never seen an Ulster team in a big game? This is a team that makes Leinster 2002 - 2007 look like early 70s Leeds in terms of mental fortitude
It's a QF. Still plenty of time to flame out.
enby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by enby »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:38 pm
enby wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:34 pm 8.29pm and Monday Night Rugby on OTB finally turn its attention to the European final on Saturday. What do you think they were talking about for the 25 mins up to then? Clue: GT and Fiona Hayes were the panellists
Sorry to sound harsh enby, but its your fault. You listened to it. You contributed to the numbers that validate their editorial choices.
Guilty, m'lud.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:32 pm Are there actually people who think Ulster will beat Munster? Have they never seen an Ulster team in a big game? This is a team that makes Leinster 2002 - 2007 look like early 70s Leeds in terms of mental fortitude
Yeah Ulster always sh!t the bed.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

:lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap:
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Well Murray K and Birch were damning in their criticism of the Munster performance and full of praise for the BIB on the42 members' pod:

'Byrne is 3rd-choice and Foley is 4th-choice. They were clearly the better half-backs in this game' https://the42.ie/5771587
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

For sure it's partly down to wishful thinking, but I'm convinced Ulster are gonna beat Munster out the gate.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Laighin Break wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 8:12 pm Daire O'Brien doesn't wait a minute to negatively say that Leinster's second team are the 2nd best team in Ireland just because they beat Munster, completely ignoring that Ulster have beaten Leinster twice this season.
Think the dates favoured ulster. Iirc they were due to play us end of season. Like if you switch the dates for ulster Munster we weren’t as cohesive when we played them. Ulster home was a scratch side and we looked nothing like the team Saturday:
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

I think gt was right to praise Munsters play tbh. It was a good enjoyable game for the most part. I thought they were in touch for most of the game. Ofc this was literally a Leinster team bereft of its first 22/3 so it’s a bit less impressive. But they did score 3 tries, they fell away in the second half after the try.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Long time lurker
Beginner

Post by Long time lurker »

I thought Munster were fairly good! They need someone other than Carberry though. He's not going to lead them anywhere. He's just not a good out half.
DMR2004
Learner

Post by DMR2004 »

I assume this means we will be playing Munster in the URC at the Aviva that weekend?
And that it wont impact us using RDS for any playoffs or other league games..?
Hope its not our Ed Sheeran moment
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

DMR2004 wrote: May 24th, 2022, 7:36 am I assume this means we will be playing Munster in the URC at the Aviva that weekend?
And that it wont impact us using RDS for any playoffs or other league games..?
Hope its not our Ed Sheeran moment
Lansdowne Rd?
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

paddyor wrote: May 24th, 2022, 2:34 am I think gt was right to praise Munsters play tbh. It was a good enjoyable game for the most part. I thought they were in touch for most of the game. Ofc this was literally a Leinster team bereft of its first 22/3 so it’s a bit less impressive. But they did score 3 tries, they fell away in the second half after the try.
If anything the praise to Munster is a bit patronising to them. It be like congratualting Wales on how entertaining their last Six Nations game against Italy was.
They shouldn't have been happy to be in touch. They should have been in control. And never looked like laying a glove in the final half-hour. Most of the excitement came from Larmour returning the ball from deep, or Adam Byrne making inroads. Strong co-ordinated defensive line is what Munster would aim to achieve rather than making things exciting by letting them waltz through.
Stats on their dominance in possession and territory may impress some, but shows just how ponderous they were with the ball compared to Leinster.
Also, for the talk of their enterprising play, putting width on it. Most of their better opportunities either came off Leinster unusual mis-handling in possession or contested up and unders.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

GT is so wishy washy in his opinions on rugby. He praised Munster in how they played on Saturday and when joe Molloy read back to him what jackman said on the 42 and how he tore into Munster play, instead of defending his appraisal of Munster he agreed totally with what jackman said.