A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by Morf »

blockhead wrote: May 13th, 2022, 6:37 pm Garry Doyle talking out of both side on his anus on the42.
The usual thing about resting players when Leicester couldn't and a how rested players are more likey to play well (athough he didn't explain how much it affects skills and tactics).
But then he mentions how most of the Leinster team played in the Six Nations and how this helped out players "a practice that not only prevents ring-rust but also exposes their players to competitive action at a higher level". :?
It dosen't wear us out then Garry?

The harder league argument has one almighty hole in it.
The English teams should be very competitive in the Autumn after both leagues have just played 5/6 games and Leinster boys have been "exposed to competitive action at a higher level" in the November Series games right?
But in reality, we hockey them then too.

Jog on mate!
Gary Doyle confuses me. Then when I remember the fact he adores Munster and really doesn't like Leinster his fractured points seem to all make sense within his perspective. Every compliment is an opportunity for a criticism kinda thing.

"Leinster would wilt against Stormers and give a TBP - but I guess they deserve that opportunity for building up a lead - but it shows how rinky dinky the URC is that they can do that . . . ."

Do we think the URC would get a lot more credit if Munster were winning it? It feel like Munster's woes (and Leinster successes) and criticisms of it go hand in hand in the media.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Sorry but who is Gary Doyle?
Dont Panic!
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Dexter wrote: May 13th, 2022, 9:46 pm Sorry but who is Gary Doyle?
Nicely put!

But in case your post is a real question he writes for the 42
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

"Toulouse’s players have had significantly busier seasons than Leinster’s – averaging 100-more game-minutes this season compared to the Irish province."
Garry Doyle

A fair stat that's fairly useless with the context that Leinster would have played most of those players a lot more than that in the cancelled fixtures.

Doyle has basically written an article about how Leinster had a gap in their season due to Covid.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The Examiner
With cards stacked in Leinster's favour, if not now then when?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote: May 14th, 2022, 8:07 am The Examiner
With cards stacked in Leinster's favour, if not now then when?
As Dr Smith used to pur it.
Oh the pain, the pain.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: May 11th, 2022, 5:15 pm Fiona Hayes on two more times this week, presume its gender balance they are looking for but ffs
Good News Mildly, you favourite pundit is off to NZ with RTE for the tour.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

blockhead wrote: May 18th, 2022, 7:14 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: May 11th, 2022, 5:15 pm Fiona Hayes on two more times this week, presume its gender balance they are looking for but ffs
Good News Mildly, you favourite pundit is off to NZ with RTE for the tour.
Im not surprised.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

GT in the IT saying a win up in ravers will send Munster into the hands of the Bulls/Sharks.
URC rules say they will play Stormers /Edinburgh.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

blockhead wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 9:48 am GT in the IT saying a win up in ravers will send Munster into the hands of the Bulls/Sharks.
I think the media are thinking a Munster win is donedeal.com, but I think Ulster are waiting in the long grass for them. I have a feeling cards will decide this game as both teams will have their dander up
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Gerry on the lash. I think the Bulls/Sharks will come to us/Glasgow.

Well. If it's Glasgow. They will be travelling to SA
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

According to the rules, Glasgow would be at home if they beat us.
Semi-Final 1 "The winner of QF1 will be the "home" Club unless Pro-rugby Championship determines otherwise"
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

RoboProp wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:05 am
blockhead wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 9:48 am GT in the IT saying a win up in ravers will send Munster into the hands of the Bulls/Sharks.
I think the media are thinking a Munster win is donedeal.com, but I think Ulster are waiting in the long grass for them. I have a feeling cards will decide this game as both teams will have their dander up
Ulster looked very impressive vs sharks at the weekend. Munster beat them a couple of weeks ago cause 1. They were getting over being knocked out of Europe 2. Vermulen wasn’t playing. Granted Lowry will be a loss for them but they have enough to cover that. Think O’Connor and timoney are having a super season
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

IMO, there is zero chance of Munster beating Ulster twice on the trot on the latter's home patch and the second time in the URC quarter final on a Friday night in the Kingspan. It's not going to happen. They got lucky a few weeks back, catching Ulster in the depth of the post-Toulouse depression, and assuming Ulster play as well as they did vs the Sharks, the Red Army will be returning home suitably chastened.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

blockhead wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 10:46 am According to the rules, Glasgow would be at home if they beat us.
Semi-Final 1 "The winner of QF1 will be the "home" Club unless Pro-rugby Championship determines otherwise"
I just assumed the highest ranked remaining team would have home advantage. Fergie nuff. Probably a reward for beating Leinster at home
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

Theleinsterlad wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 2:26 pm
Ulster looked very impressive vs sharks at the weekend. Munster beat them a couple of weeks ago cause 1. They were getting over being knocked out of Europe 2. Vermulen wasn’t playing. Granted Lowry will be a loss for them but they have enough to cover that. Think O’Connor and timoney are having a super season
3. Ulster beat themselves.....
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

GT really defending Munster on OTB
SoupyNorman
Bookworm

Post by SoupyNorman »

Wow Gerry Thornley on total Comical Ali mode. Apparently Munster's ain was to entertain on Saturday rather than win.

The way he goes on you swear it was Munster with the second strings out and having little on the line. Sure weren't they great for having a go.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Assuredly Ali ?
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

SoupyNorman wrote: May 23rd, 2022, 7:27 pm Wow Gerry Thornley on total Comical Ali mode. Apparently Munster's ain was to entertain on Saturday rather than win.

The way he goes on you swear it was Munster with the second strings out and having little on the line. Sure weren't they great for having a go.
I wonder does GT get a call on Sunday nights from his IRFU handler?
"Ok, Yeah boss got it. So "Munster dammed if they do damm...." "athy not a million miles from Limerick" yes very good."