Leinster v Cardiff

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

maps
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster v Cardiff

Post by maps »

Another top class performance from Dave Kearney.
Probably the best winger in the northern hemisphere at the moment
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

maps wrote:Another top class performance from Dave Kearney.
Probably the best winger in the northern hemisphere at the moment
Back off,I already called first dibs on having his babies.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Just saw the Healy incident with Tito.

Healy was loitering on the wrong side of the ruck, so Tito decides to clear him out with a swinging arm to the back of the head. Healy looks to the ref who saw nothing and then loses the rag and throws a swing at Tito. Bit of a pile-up on the ground and replay shows Healy getting another dig in on Tito.

Much ado about nothing really especially as Tito was the original agressor but could be a citing. In fairness though Ciano has looked as ratty as f**k in the last few weeks for some reason. Joe probably subbed him at half-time to make sure he didn't get sent off. Heinke may very well start next week at loosehead.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Ferg six from six for the second week running with the placed ball. Terrific stuff, especially on a windy night. Jonny only got two from three. He's under pressure!!!! ;-)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

anyone see what started that big Healy/Tito scuffle?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

Cardiff were beyond poor.

Can anybody tell me which position David Kearney took in the defensive scrum on the Leinster line? From our vantage point it looked like second row? Bizarre, but it was hard to tell from the Grandstand. Even more bizarre was Cardiff with a man advantage taking two bites at a scrum when everybody knew there'd be a gazillion resets as the clock ticked along. Turning the ball over effectively ended any competitiveness from the welsh team.

An excellent game from Ruddock in particular, a huge amount of energy and he also showed great hands at times. Have to say it - O'Brien was very subdued. At one point, ball in hand he ambled up the field at half tilt and slowed to a glacial (Mike Ross) pace to take contact. Is he carrying an injury? On his form tonight, I wouldnt mind seeing either of Ruddock or McLaughlin starting at 6 next week, and O'Brien coming off the bench in angry mode.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

things looking good in league, 5 more home games plus Aironi, Connacht, Glasgow, Dragons as some of the away ones so looking good for home semi at least
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Cardiff showed why they're perennial underachievers. No pride.

Once we scored our third try, they didn't want to know and basically gave up.

Compare that with the attitude of Glasgow two weeks ago. They knew they had lost the match at half-time but they still came out for the second half to make things as awkward as possible for us and ended up drawing the second half 7-all.

Glasgow have far less playing talent than the Cardiff squad, but they have ten times the pride and self-respect!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

simonokeeffe wrote:things looking good in league, 5 more home games plus Aironi, Connacht, Glasgow, Dragons as some of the away ones so looking good for home semi at least
Let's just finish top shall we! :D
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

simonokeeffe wrote:anyone see what started that big Healy/Tito scuffle?
Two posts up Simon.....
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Donny B. wrote:Just saw the Healy incident with Tito.

Healy was loitering on the wrong side of the ruck, so Tito decides to clear him out with a swinging arm to the back of the head. Healy looks to the ref who saw nothing and then loses the rag and throws a swing at Tito. Bit of a pile-up on the ground and replay shows Healy getting another dig in on Tito.

Much ado about nothing really especially as Tito was the original agressor but could be a citing. In fairness though Ciano has looked as ratty as f**k in the last few weeks for some reason. Joe probably subbed him at half-time to make sure he didn't get sent off. Heinke may very well start next week at loosehead.
Noticed this too.....it's exactly why I thought he mightn't appear for the 2nd half and lo and behold........

Funnily enough he's been on flying form on the oul Twitter of late...................... :)
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

FourMasters wrote:
Can anybody tell me which position David Kearney took in the defensive scrum on the Leinster line?
Blindside flank.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

nelly the elephant wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:anyone see what started that big Healy/Tito scuffle?
Two posts up Simon.....
honestly that wasn't up when I posted :?

comments from Cardiff coach midweek a bit puzzling re just hoping for a performance unless that was mindgames
that said they were obsessed with blocking (from offside positions) Leinster supporting players at rucks rather than contesting the ball/counter-rucking

for the league (know bad for Connacht) but would be great to see Treviso make the playoffs, be good for the competition/European rugby
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Look at the action around the 60 minute mark and it will stimulate the "Ian Madigan should play scrum-half" debate!

Two beautiful quick passes from the ruck!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Have to say it, Dave K was never onside for his first try!!!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Joe says that Nathan White's try was his first in pro rugby! What a try!!!
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Donny B. wrote:Joe says that Nathan White's try was his first in pro rugby! What a try!!!
That's a dam fine way to open your try scoring account - for a prop he had a pretty impressive turn of speed

Our next utility back maybe ??!!!!
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

All schoolboys and girls, and a few pros, should study the sh!t out of Madigan's vision and passing technique. Worth the admission ticket alone.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

johng wrote: Both the Kiwis are good squad players to have around. White is very solid, and pretty mobile for a TH too.
I gave him a tenner before the game. :wink:

Like a Wildebeest in the Serengeti, he was majestic. There are few sights as good as a 6'2" 19 stone + prop on a 30 yard dash for a try.

Dave K was in front of me when he went for that BP try. Well offside. 3 yards at least in front of Madigan when he kicked.

I made a point of watching Sykes, but I was glazing over and losing my focus on him he did so little.

OK he is coming back from a 2nd injury and I am prepared to give him several games to come good. But they will be pro 12 games during the 6N I reckon.

Looked disinterested and unfit.

Hard to be pissed off about anything right now though, because the other 14 were excellent. What a squad we have. Headaches all over the park in selection, and missing the likes of Shaggy and "the anointed one"

Poor Bath. :(
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

johng wrote:
johng wrote: Both the Kiwis are good squad players to have around. White is very solid, and pretty mobile for a TH too.
I gave him a tenner before the game. :wink:

Like a Wildebeest in the Serengeti, he was majestic. There are few sights as good as a 6'2" 19 stone + prop on a 30 yard dash for a try.

Dave K was in front of me when he went for that BP try. Well offside. 3 yards at least in front of Madigan when he kicked.

I made a point of watching Sykes, but I was glazing over and losing my focus on him he did so little.

OK he is coming back from a 2nd injury and I am prepared to give him several games to come good. But they will be pro 12 games during the 6N I reckon.

Looked disinterested and unfit.

Hard to be pissed off about anything right now though, because the other 14 were excellent. What a squad we have. Headaches all over the park in selection, and missing the likes of Shaggy and "the anointed one"

Poor Bath. :(
It was Sexton with the cross-kick
Look out Itchy, he's Irish