Leinster v Cardiff

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

madridlion
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster v Cardiff

Post by madridlion »

ronk wrote:
[Jackass] wrote:The replays make it look a mile offside as he's out of shot, but I think DK was calling for it wide on the right and sexto spotted him making the run, so he was up extremely quick. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt on it...ref called it onside, and neither linesman nor any Cardiff players had any issue with it.
Cardiff was robbed!
More injustice for Welsh rugby caused by an Irishman
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

After 10 games of the league we're five points better off this season than we were having played those same 10 fixtures last season. We've dropped points (against last season's results) away to the Ospreys (-1) and at home to Glasgow (-4) and Connacht (-1). We've picked up points away to the Scarlets (2), Edinburgh (4) and Treviso (4) and picked up an extra point at home to Aironi.

Of the 12 remaining fixtures, we won nine of them last season but only picked up one four-try bonus points (home to Ulster). Of the three games we lost we picked up losing bonus points away to Munster and Glasgow and nothing away to Cardiff.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

jezzer wrote:
neilinboston wrote:I hate to be a downer after that, but... I was really excited when we signed Carr up. I expected him to mature quickly under an intelligent backs coach in an exciting set up. There was only once in the entire game where I thought he made the right decision. He's over running everything and then backing himself when he hasn't a hope and kicking aimlessly ahead with only one man to beat. If he's going to make it, he needs to learn to be a part of Leinster rather than being the fast guy out wide. There are systems that will get him involved, but he's still expecting to make it happen himself.
I know what you're saying, but I think you're overlooking a lot of very positive contributions he made. The break and then the perfectly timed pass to sexton for White's try was the only way that score was happening. He took up a lot of restarts and made some great ground with them. He does need to sharpen up his decision making, which is maybe why he isn't first choice. If he does improve that and his defence, he could be starting for ireland, let alone Leinster.
neilinboston wrote: I thought Jennings was super.

Totally agree. For a guy who's only started 3 games this season, it's a bit mad to call him our best player 2011/12, but he is. He turned around the Montpellier game off the bench and he's playing great intelligent football in every area of the pitch (brainless yellow aside!). We're a different side when he plays.

O'Malley has to nail down the 13 shirt now. And I'd like to see Fitz challenging for 12, be a nice counterpoint to the popular big bosh merchants and could really get us moving outside Sexton, or, possibly more excitingly, Madigan (I reckon he'll overtake Sexton within a couple of seasons).

Sykes was underwhelming, but (and it pains me to say this) maybe he's getting through a lot of unseen work. I'd have little interest in a hollywood lock, I want grunt and ire.

And... PROP TRY!!!!!!!!!!!! I particularly loved the reaction he got from the players, they seemed genuinely stoked for him!
[/quote]

Thats some claim..
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

tones wrote:
jezzer wrote:
neilinboston wrote:I hate to be a downer after that, but... I was really excited when we signed Carr up. I expected him to mature quickly under an intelligent backs coach in an exciting set up. There was only once in the entire game where I thought he made the right decision. He's over running everything and then backing himself when he hasn't a hope and kicking aimlessly ahead with only one man to beat. If he's going to make it, he needs to learn to be a part of Leinster rather than being the fast guy out wide. There are systems that will get him involved, but he's still expecting to make it happen himself.
I know what you're saying, but I think you're overlooking a lot of very positive contributions he made. The break and then the perfectly timed pass to sexton for White's try was the only way that score was happening. He took up a lot of restarts and made some great ground with them. He does need to sharpen up his decision making, which is maybe why he isn't first choice. If he does improve that and his defence, he could be starting for ireland, let alone Leinster.
neilinboston wrote: I thought Jennings was super.

Totally agree. For a guy who's only started 3 games this season, it's a bit mad to call him our best player 2011/12, but he is. He turned around the Montpellier game off the bench and he's playing great intelligent football in every area of the pitch (brainless yellow aside!). We're a different side when he plays.

O'Malley has to nail down the 13 shirt now. And I'd like to see Fitz challenging for 12, be a nice counterpoint to the popular big bosh merchants and could really get us moving outside Sexton, or, possibly more excitingly, Madigan (I reckon he'll overtake Sexton within a couple of seasons).

Sykes was underwhelming, but (and it pains me to say this) maybe he's getting through a lot of unseen work. I'd have little interest in a hollywood lock, I want grunt and ire.

And... PROP TRY!!!!!!!!!!!! I particularly loved the reaction he got from the players, they seemed genuinely stoked for him!
Thats some claim..[/quote]

Some times you just gotta jump in with the Kodiak bears to save the woman you love... and then realize you were a bit rash.
But, I'm going to stick with a slightly watered down version, Madigan has a good chance of developing to a point where he could put Sexton under some pressure, possibly more. But has a good amount of work to do still. I'll always naturally back the new young guy.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Sorry wrong thread
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Dave Cahill wrote:
nelly the elephant wrote:
johng wrote: Dave K was in front of me when he went for that BP try. Well offside. 3 yards at least in front of Madigan when he kicked.
I said this at the time but Biffo (sitting beside me) of course disagreed! :lol:

Biffo was wrong because Dave Kearney was at least 28 metres in front of Madigan (and at least 70 metres across from him) when the ball was kicked for that try

:P
Well spotted DC.....was just checking to see you were paying attention!
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......