Injuries

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mfjoc
Graduate

Injuries

Post by mfjoc »

Whats the word on Ferg and Ryan?
Would not expect a dead leg to be a long term injury.
No word on Dippy's ankle scan?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Injuries

Post by johng »

Drico went under the knife last week? How'd that go?
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

johng wrote:Drico went under the knife last week? How'd that go?
Well I know he's impressed with the food in hospital other than that I haven't heard anything
lemansky
Beginner

Post by lemansky »

All rumblings from the O'Driscoll camp are positive-everyone seems happy.

Sykes out for two weeks after a knock to the shoulder?
Blåränderna
Graduate

Post by Blåränderna »

Think the only really long term injury is Berquist.
Cee
Beginner

Post by Cee »

Horgan doesn't seem to be coming back any time soon, unfortunately
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Conway and Kearney went off early tonight. Probably concussion for Conway, Kearney was getting treatment on his hamstring and didn't reappear after half time.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Conway smashed into their number eight chasing a restart and seemed to hurt his neck. He played on for a good bit after but once the result was secure after half an hour or so, they brought him off so hopefully it was more precautionary than anything.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

I see Fergs dead leg is now knee ligament damage :roll:
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

I see Fergs dead leg is now knee ligament damage :roll:
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

What's the craic with Horgan? Very concerning that he's taking so long to come back, hope treatment is going well. We could really use him.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

[Jackass] wrote:What's the craic with Horgan? Very concerning that he's taking so long to come back, hope treatment is going well. We could really use him.
He went for a second knee operation the week they announced Bod had to have an op. At this stage I think it's pointless putting guestimates on when the two lads will be back. Lets just hope they get back at some stage...
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Berquist
Conway
Horgan
McFadden
O'Driscoll
Ryan
Sheridan
Sykes

Is the current state of play afaik.
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Healy is a bit of a worry I'd say. He didn't look his usual hard-hitting self when he came on and was on and was limping pretty heavily at the end.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Shaggy interview on OTB last night. Said he is doing gym work and hopes to be back in training after christmas. Been laied up for 8mts now :shock:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Scott wrote:Shaggy interview on OTB last night. Said he is doing gym work and hopes to be back in training after christmas. Been laied up for 8mts now :shock:
Being pedantic. He won't be out for 8 months until the end of this month.

Hoping he can make it back before the end of the 6n.

Bod hopefully before sticky end of the hc and pro 12.

Ryan, Berquist and Sheridan hopefully for the 6n.

Sykes to get a good run.

Anyone have any updates?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Injuries- Shaggy

Post by Peg Leg »

In the Indo-
:(
By Ruaidhri O'Connor

Friday January 20 2012

SHANE HORGAN's chances of playing again this season are looking increasingly slim and Joe Schmidt yesterday admitted his fear that the 33-year-old may be forced to retire as a result of his ongoing knee injury.

The winger has not played this season after undergoing surgery last summer. He had earlier spoken of his hope of returning midway through Leinster's campaign, but, having undergone a second operation, it appears unlikely that he will make a return.

With no firm date set for his comeback, Schmidt acknowledged that Horgan will need to show signs of recovery in the next six weeks in order to prove he could play again this season.

"It's been such a long road for Shane that there's obviously a lot of frustration for him and a lot of frustration for us," he said.

"A lot's been said about Brian (O'Driscoll) and how important he is to us and there's no doubt about that, but Shane was a massive player for us last year and it's been really disappointing not having him as part of the group.

"We'd hope for some improvement in the next four to six weeks really, otherwise we would be starting to get too tight (for time).

And the prospect that the 65-times capped Irish international and former Lion may have to hang up his boots remains a prospect.

"It's always something older players have to consider when they come back from long-term injuries.

"Is there enough time left for them to really get back into the game and I suppose the longer it goes, the tougher that will be for Shane. As far as mentally being very mature and very, very tough, Shane will make those decisions once he's decided it's just not possible to get back."
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Devistating.

One of my all time favourite players and playing the rugby of his life, we could really use him again this season (even though the younger lads have been superb), but particularly the last quote, would suggest that the writing is on the wall for Shaggy.

His reaction to the final whistle in 09 is one of my favourite iconic Leinster moments, his expression of elation, relief and the release of so much emotion summed up just about every Leinster fans feeling that day, and I really hope we get to see him celebrate another winning Heineken Cup campaign before he hangs up his boots.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Shaggy is a prince. He has been shamefully forgotten by a lot of the hacks this season [especially in the greasy Indo] when they're referring to Drico's surgery or Munster's injury problems.

He's the top try-scorer [69 tries] and the most-capped [203 caps] player in the history of the province, as well as being the top try-scorer last season, for f*ck's sake! He has been an enormous loss this year.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!