Brian Mujati allegations

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Brian Mujati allegations

Post by simonokeeffe »

2 precedents worth mentioning here purely for technical reasons, not moral ones, must stress that

Matt McCollough was accused of racist remarks by London Irish (Delon Armitage I think) after calling him an f'in spiv in a H cup match, Armitage would not be familiar with that traditional Ulster word for a scumbag/nacker and with McCullough's accent he thought he had called him a spade.
The Claw was cited by a French team (Agen or Brive I think) after a H cup match for racially abusing a wing forward of their's, after Mr Clohessy had been bitten by said player, the case was dismissed as the claw had directed his remarks not at the player but to the referee: that f'in n word is after biting me
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Isaac4leinster wrote:
mikey wrote:"Following the allegations made by a Northampton Saints player in the aftermath of Friday night's friendly between Leinster Rugby and Northampton Saints, Leinster Rugby acknowledge that there was an exchange during the match between two Leinster players which was misinterpreted...

It was regrettable that any offence was caused. Both clubs have agreed that the matter is now closed and will now focus on preparing for their respective league campaigns."
I knew this would go away.
Reading that link you posted it's quite clear that Brian is one paranoid man - certainly has form prior to this event:

"As far as I was concerned, team-mates, coaches and every other Tom, Dick and Harry were probably whispering stuff every chance they had."

Wonder if he will apologise for his mis-interpretation on twitter?
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

Good to see that it was all just a misunderstanding.
Some people too quick to judge
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

mikey wrote:"Following the allegations made by a Northampton Saints player in the aftermath of Friday night's friendly between Leinster Rugby and Northampton Saints, Leinster Rugby acknowledge that there was an exchange during the match between two Leinster players which was misinterpreted...

It was regrettable that any offence was caused. Both clubs have agreed that the matter is now closed and will now focus on preparing for their respective league campaigns."
Sounds like a massive cop out on our part. Think it should be clarified further, don't see why it wouldn't be given that the allegations got into the public domain. It'd be quite simple to say what was said, if we're all moving on then surely there's nothing to hide? Very disappointed in LR and these guys have gone down massively in my estimations. I'll find it very hard to support them now.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

What do you mean Isaac "if something was said".

You and your supporter Stuka (interesting moniker for someone of such sensitivity to racist sentiments) have totally convinced me that all white South Africans are rabid racists. Heinke and Sykes (of the famous Van Sykes family of Amsterdam) need to be sacked and deported immediately.

And while Leinster are at it they can give that Strauss his marching orders too. Just imagine if he managed to get Irish qualified!!! or would his new found nationality mean he was no longer a kaffir hating bonehead ?? would he then become a spud snaffling pig ignorant bog trotting paddy?

BTW my comments on the Irish can be qualitatively distinguished from racial stereotyping and are based on experiences gained over a long whit weekend in Kilmuckeridge a few years ago.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: Sounds like a massive cop out on our part. Think it should be clarified further, don't see why it wouldn't be given that the allegations got into the public domain. It'd be quite simple to say what was said, if we're all moving on then surely there's nothing to hide? Very disappointed in LR and these guys have gone down massively in my estimations. I'll find it very hard to support them now.

I feel we should trust Leinster's judgement on this one. Racism is an awful allegation and can follow people around for years, even if proven untrue.
The issue appears to have been resolved so they probably feel that the less said, the better.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

ellandleinster wrote:What do you mean Isaac "if something was said".

You and your supporter Stuka (interesting moniker for someone of such sensitivity to racist sentiments) have totally convinced me that all white South Africans are rabid racists. Heinke and Sykes (of the famous Van Sykes family of Amsterdam) need to be sacked and deported immediately.

And while Leinster are at it they can give that Strauss his marching orders too. Just imagine if he managed to get Irish qualified!!! or would his new found nationality mean he was no longer a kaffir hating bonehead ?? would he then become a spud snaffling pig ignorant bog trotting paddy?

BTW my comments on the Irish can be qualitatively distinguished from racial stereotyping and are based on experiences gained over a long whit weekend in Kilmuckeridge a few years ago.
You've won me over, Afrikaners aren't racist at all. That whole Apartheid thing must having been 'misinterpreted'.

Leinster and Northampton have spoken to each other and said: "Neither of us need this cr@p, lets make it go away".
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

LR should have the common sense to know that this will be unsettling many Leinster fans, and should be clarified further, for everyone's sake. This isn't good enough.
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

According to the indo Leinster used the word bobbejaan as a scrum call.

It's Afrikan for baboon.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Isaac4leinster wrote:You've won me over, Afrikaners aren't racist at all. That whole Apartheid thing must having been 'misinterpreted'.
Leinster and Northampton have spoken to each other and said: "Neither of us need this cr@p, lets make it go away".
Your actin the ass now.
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

@Kinger83

If that is true then clearly there has been an misunderstanding.

If not then by releasing that press statement, Leinster have entered "Bloodgate" territory...
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

"Ireland's Sunday Independent newspaper said Van der Merwe and Sykes, who deny racist abuse, were expected to claim they use the word 'bobbejaan' as a trigger call at the scrum in order to gee up the pack and that it comes from their time playing in South Africa. The word translates as baboon."

Actually, not being sarcastic, that is plausible. If that is what happened fair enough, either that or it is a crazy good blag.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

Isaac4leinster wrote:

You've won me over, Afrikaners aren't racist at all. That whole Apartheid thing must having been 'misinterpreted'.

Not interesting in winning you over, you are clearly happy in your black and white world.

But you may wish to know that not all south africans are Afrikaans and not all Afrikaans supported apartheid.

you have made my case for me though. you are more of an ignorant cliche spouting racist than I thought.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

If we have learnt anything from Lethal Weapon 2 and I would like to think we have, is that all white South Africans are bad, Mel Gibson is a helluva guy and Patsy Kensit will get them out for you if you cook her a tin of spaghetti hoops in your caravan.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

doubler
Last edited by RoboProp on August 28th, 2011, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

ellandleinster wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:

Not interesting in winning you over, you are clearly happy in your black and white world.

But you may wish to know that not all south africans are Afrikaans and not all Afrikaans supported apartheid.

you have made my case for me though. you are more of an ignorant cliche spouting racist than I thought.
I referred to them first as Dutch South Africans, but don't let me get in the way of your venting. I think you're just sour because I sickened you by pointing out the mistakes you made while pointing out my mistakes. See you didn't bring that up again!

You're right though, I found it very difficult to appreciate the finer qualities of the Afrikaans people, so I guess that does make me a racist!
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

RoboProp wrote:If we have learnt anything from Lethal Weapon 2 and I would like to think we have, is that all white South Africans are bad, Mel Gibson is a helluva guy and Patsy Kensit will get them out for you if you cook her a tin of spaghetti hoops in your caravan.

Deeeplometic eemunity

...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Leinsterman wrote:
RoboProp wrote:If we have learnt anything from Lethal Weapon 2 and I would like to think we have, is that all white South Africans are bad, Mel Gibson is a helluva guy and Patsy Kensit will get them out for you if you cook her a tin of spaghetti hoops in your caravan.

Deeeplometic eemunity

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiXNUaSjXRY
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

I can't understand why Leinster would use the Afrikaans word for baboon as a driving trigger in the scrum or whatever in the scrum.
I definitely think this was a little joke between some of the South African players that they thought they'd get away with.
I've never played in the forwards at any mentionable level, is it common to pick a word/phrase with the intention of pissing off or insult someone in the opposition? I don't know much about trigger calls, do the entire pack usually shout the same one or does each individual have his own?

It's interesting that he only said two of them did it, not the whole pack.
As Isaac posted , both clubs said they don't need it and I think Mujati, paranoid or not, is swallowing his pride on this one.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Mujati has insinuated on his Twitter page that the explanation is rubbish. He changed his status to the linked image. He then changed it back almost immediately. Bizarre.

http://twitpic.com/6cquu2