A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Eristic
Knowledgeable

Re: Brian Mujati allegations

Post by Eristic »

slum wrote:
Leinster Lout wrote:
slum wrote:I have heard that Sykes has made a bit of a bad name for himself already withIn the squad..
Go on slum. Tell us..

Nothing too specific, just I heard his attitude wasn't the best. Seems he though he deserved special treatment.
I'd be worried if this was true, with the internationals away there isn't any leader/enforcer left in the squad to tell him where to go with that attitude.
Gannon and Browne are only in the door and the rest seem too young or quiet.
Maybe Gibbes will give him special treatment, but not the kind he'd like.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

Actually, speaking of which
Jono Gibbes' wiki page
"In August 2011, Gibbes embarked on a short lived boxing career which resulted in a TKO at the hands of his opponent, George "These guilty feet have got no rhythm" Michael Murray, during his first and thus far only fight."
A hack?
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

Well it's such an unlikely story: Two Dutch South African's racially abuse a black guy, who could concoct such a fanciful tail?

The fact that there was no serious scuffle, on the behalf of Mujati and the accused, for him to put it out of his own free will the next day, not as a defence, but just because he was pissed off. IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD.[/quote]

The word TAIL as you meant to use it is more correctly spelt TALE. So considering the fact that basic english language spelling is outside of your realm of knowledge I would wonder what you know about South Africans .[/quote]

He can't spell correctly in context and you can't use technology (double post!). Would you say Isaacs is due to inability and yours is just a mistake or how do you explain it??[/quote]

Clearly I am a total idiot to have double posted and that completely removes my right to think that someone jumping to quick conclusions based on lazy incorrect national stereotypes is actually a racist themselves and just doesn't realise it.

Spell correctly in context!!!! Reminds me of Les Dawson's joke about playing the right notes in the wrong order.

PS; I am afraid I can't use the quote thing correctly either
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

ellandleinster wrote:Well it's such an unlikely story: Two Dutch South African's racially abuse a black guy, who could concoct such a fanciful tail?

The fact that there was no serious scuffle, on the behalf of Mujati and the accused, for him to put it out of his own free will the next day, not as a defence, but just because he was pissed off. IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD.
The word TAIL as you meant to use it is more correctly spelt TALE. So considering the fact that basic english language spelling is outside of your realm of knowledge I would wonder what you know about South Africans .[/quote]

He can't spell correctly in context and you can't use technology (double post!). Would you say Isaacs is due to inability and yours is just a mistake or how do you explain it??[/quote]

Clearly I am a total idiot to have double posted and that completely removes my right to think that someone jumping to quick conclusions based on lazy incorrect national stereotypes is actually a racist themselves and just doesn't realise it.

Spell correctly in context!!!! Reminds me of Les Dawson's joke about playing the right notes in the wrong order.

PS; I am afraid I can't use the quote thing correctly either[/quote]

At the risk of being accused of being a pedant " I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order" was actually said by Eric Morecambe......
Last edited by mikey on August 29th, 2011, 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

Nothing pedantic about that. I stand corrected.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

ellandleinster wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:
maps wrote:At the moment these are unproven allegations.
There is an investigation underway and I think we should all just wait until that is complete before engaging in a trial by media
Well it's such an unlikely story: Two Dutch South African's racially abuse a black guy, who could concoct such a fanciful tail?

The fact that there was no serious scuffle, on the behalf of Mujati and the accused, for him to put it out of his own free will the next day, not as a defence, but just because he was pissed off. IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD.
The word TAIL as you meant to use it is more correctly spelt TALE. So considering the fact that basic english language spelling is outside of your realm of knowledge I would wonder what you know about South Africans .
Durkah Durkah wrote: He can't spell correctly in context and you can't use technology (double post!). Would you say Isaacs is due to inability and yours is just a mistake or how do you explain it??
ellandleinster wrote: Clearly I am a total idiot to have double posted and that completely removes my right to think that someone jumping to quick conclusions based on lazy incorrect national stereotypes is actually a racist themselves and just doesn't realise it.

mikey wrote:
At the risk of being accused of being a pedant " I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order" was actually said by Eric Morcambe......
Sorry Mike. At the risk of being accused of being a pedant, I had to tidy that up for you. You are a computer guy. How hard can it be? :)
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

johng wrote:
ellandleinster wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:At the moment these are unproven allegations.
There is an investigation underway and I think we should all just wait until that is complete before engaging in a trial by media

The word TAIL as you meant to use it is more correctly spelt TALE. So considering the fact that basic english language spelling is outside of your realm of knowledge I would wonder what you know about South Africans .
Durkah Durkah wrote: He can't spell correctly in context and you can't use technology (double post!). Would you say Isaacs is due to inability and yours is just a mistake or how do you explain it??
ellandleinster wrote: Clearly I am a total idiot to have double posted and that completely removes my right to think that someone jumping to quick conclusions based on lazy incorrect national stereotypes is actually a racist themselves and just doesn't realise it.

mikey wrote:
At the risk of being accused of being a pedant " I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order" was actually said by Eric Morcambe......
Sorry Mike. At the risk of being accused of being a pedant, I had to tidy that up for you. You are a computer guy. How hard can it be? :)[/quote]

I get thrown by the "cannot embed more than 3 quotes" thang....

Must try harder(and here I go again doh)

Guess the sun and the wine are getting to me!!!!
Stuka
Knowledgeable

Post by Stuka »

I'd like to throw my two-cents into this.

I have a small number of S.A white acquaintances (Some were friends at one stage). I would put the number at 30 odd. Some of these people are Dutch Afrikans, some are of English descent and two of them have Irish parents that moved to S.A. They also come from different classes of society. So although the number is small it is a good "section" of white South Africans.

Every one of these people are racist. Some mildly, some hate, but all are racist.

I only got to see how deep the hate, mistrust and fear is when I traveled to S.A for the Lions tour in 2009. Myself and my missus spent a month in S.A, we were based in P.E and we traveled all over the country. We were lucky (?) in that our "friends" that lived in Ireland organised us beds in their friends and families houses for our entire trip. Long story short, we became sick at the open racist views of the white people we met over there. Every house we stayed in the conversation went like this.....

How is your trip?
What have done?
Where are you going?

Then...

What about the bloody Kaffers?

Then we would be subject to 30min's of bile about how the blacks have ruined the country, or how they are stupid, or lazy or ugly ...... from old ladies to kids all the white people we met saw the blacks or "Kaffers" as they call them as sub human. By the 3rd week we got a hotel. We could not listen to their sh!t anymore. We tried to argue back with them but it was like trying to convince a Nazi that his views were wrong. Impossible.

I fully believe that Sykes and VDM called him a baboon. That's what white S.A do. Its breed into them. Some have very strong views on it some say it "as a joke" (but not really) but they all do it.

I think if found guilty VDM and Sykes should be fired. Leinster Rugby can ill afford to be branded a club that accepts that sort of behaviour.
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

According to Brendan Fanning in today's Sindo:

"It is understood that the South African duo, who are denying using any racial slur, will claim they use the word 'bobbejaan' as a trigger call at the scrum which focuses the pack on the job in hand, and that it comes from their time playing in South Africa. The word translates as baboon."

So basically, Sykes & VDM admit using 'baboon' in Afrikaans but with some bullsh1t defence. Given they are the only members of the pack who speak Afrikaans, how on earth did they hope to inspire the other 6 with a rascist slur they did not understand. I wonder what term of endearment they use to inspire the backs. 'Kaffer', I assume.

As a Munsterfan I would be physically sickened if these were my players. You guys have my sympathy.
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

ellandleinster wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:
maps wrote:At the moment these are unproven allegations.

How can a word be more correctly spelt? Also English is a proper noun. You have also left two spaces between 'is' and 'outside' and between 'of' and 'your', and you could also argue that there should be a coma after knowledge.

If you are going to start pointing out typos, the least you could do is get your house in order first.

It's a forum, get over it.

I have travelled in South Africa and had the misfortune of travelling to Bloemfontein. Many of the people I spoke to went out of their way to tell me their views about race, which were, nearly to a man, pretty horrific.
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Stuka wrote:I'd like to throw my two-cents into this.

I have a small number of S.A white acquaintances (Some were friends at one stage). I would put the number at 30 odd. Some of these people are Dutch Afrikans, some are of English descent and two of them have Irish parents that moved to S.A. They also come from different classes of society. So although the number is small it is a good "section" of white South Africans.

Every one of these people are racist. Some mildly, some hate, but all are racist.

I only got to see how deep the hate, mistrust and fear is when I traveled to S.A for the Lions tour in 2009. Myself and my missus spent a month in S.A, we were based in P.E and we traveled all over the country. We were lucky (?) in that our "friends" that lived in Ireland organised us beds in their friends and families houses for our entire trip. Long story short, we became sick at the open racist views of the white people we met over there. Every house we stayed in the conversation went like this.....

How is your trip?
What have done?
Where are you going?

Then...

What about the bloody Kaffers?

Then we would be subject to 30min's of bile about how the blacks have ruined the country, or how they are stupid, or lazy or ugly ...... from old ladies to kids all the white people we met saw the blacks or "Kaffers" as they call them as sub human. By the 3rd week we got a hotel. We could not listen to their sh!t anymore. We tried to argue back with them but it was like trying to convince a Nazi that his views were wrong. Impossible.

I fully believe that Sykes and VDM called him a baboon. That's what white S.A do. Its breed into them. Some have very strong views on it some say it "as a joke" (but not really) but they all do it.

I think if found guilty VDM and Sykes should be fired. Leinster Rugby can ill afford to be branded a club that accepts that sort of behaviour.
:happy clapper:
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

I would also suggest that there is a qualitative difference between national stereotyping and racial stereotyping. One suggests inferiority because of someone's cultural background, something which is learned, while racial stereotyping suggests a genetic inferiority.

If something was said to Mujati, it was not because he was from Zimbabwe.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Isaac4leinster wrote:
I wouldn't be entirely certain of that, it wouldn't be the first time thats been thrown at him, particularly the activities of his father.
I have Bumbleflex
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:
I wouldn't be entirely certain of that, it wouldn't be the first time thats been thrown at him, particularly the activities of his father.
Do tell more......
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:
I don't think the alleged words used would be consistent with having a go at Mujati's Dad for a land grab. Pure racism if true.
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:
Just googled him, very interesting.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

"Following the allegations made by a Northampton Saints player in the aftermath of Friday night's friendly between Leinster Rugby and Northampton Saints, Leinster Rugby acknowledge that there was an exchange during the match between two Leinster players which was misinterpreted...
It was regrettable that any offence was caused. Both clubs have agreed that the matter is now closed and will now focus on preparing for their respective league campaigns."
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

"Following the allegations made by a Northampton Saints player in the aftermath of Friday night's friendly between Leinster Rugby and Northampton Saints, Leinster Rugby acknowledge that there was an exchange during the match between two Leinster players which was misinterpreted...

It was regrettable that any offence was caused. Both clubs have agreed that the matter is now closed and will now focus on preparing for their respective league campaigns."
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

mikey wrote:"Following the allegations made by a Northampton Saints player in the aftermath of Friday night's friendly between Leinster Rugby and Northampton Saints, Leinster Rugby acknowledge that there was an exchange during the match between two Leinster players which was misinterpreted...

I knew this would go away.