Brian Mujati allegations

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Brian Mujati allegations

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Why is there no thread on the whole Brian Mujati thing? Pretty serious allegations on Twitter, or is this a no go thread?
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Re: Brian Mujati allegations

Post by Isaac4leinster »

FROM IRISH TIMES:

Leinster have launched an internal investigation after Northampton prop Brian Mujati alleged he was racially abused on the field during Friday's pre-season defeat to the Saints at Donnybrook.

Mujati used his Twitter account to make the accusations after the Saints beat Leinster 19-14 last night.

The Zimbabwean-born South Africa international has since removed the claims.

“Following allegations made by a Northampton Saints player this morning via his personal Twitter account, Leinster Rugby are holding a full internal investigation,” a statement read this afternoon.

“The managements of both teams are in close communication and hopefully the matter will be resolved as soon as possible.

“No further comment will be made at this time until that resolution has been reached.”
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Interestingly he took down the tweets after an hour or so.
velvitjester
Graduate

Post by velvitjester »

What did he say?

If he posted it on the web then its fair game to re post it regardless of him taking it down.

edit :Apperantly
Steven Sykes and Heinke van der Merwe were calling me a baboon during the scrums last night. Racism is still alive and things don't change.I was shocked by how how blatant theywere being and to think I actually thought I knew Heinke from back in the Lions days,The guy then tries to shake my hand after the game. Naturally I kindly told him to f%~k off. I wish them all the best with their careers.
Munster V Leinster 2009-Stuart Barnes
The odds are on the men in red but there is genius in the blue team.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Seems to be a fair bit of detail in that but why would he take it down so quickly? VDM played against him in May and their were no problems.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Isaac4leinster wrote:Why is there no thread on the whole Brian Mujati thing? Pretty serious allegations on Twitter, or is this a no go thread?
it's in the match thread
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

I have heard that Sykes has made a bit of a bad name for himself already withIn the squad..
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

slum wrote:I have heard that Sykes has made a bit of a bad name for himself already withIn the squad..
Is he leading VDM astray
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

At the moment these are unproven allegations.
There is an investigation underway and I think we should all just wait until that is complete before engaging in a trial by media
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

maps wrote:At the moment these are unproven allegations.
There is an investigation underway and I think we should all just wait until that is complete before engaging in a trial by media
Well it's such an unlikely story: Two Dutch South African's racially abuse a black guy, who could concoct such a fanciful tail?

The fact that there was no serious scuffle, on the behalf of Mujati and the accused, for him to put it out of his own free will the next day, not as a defence, but just because he was pissed off. IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Isaac4leinster wrote:
Well it's such an unlikely story: Two Dutch South African's racially abuse a black guy, who could concoct such a fanciful tail?

The fact that there was no serious scuffle, on the behalf of Mujati and the accused, for him to put it out of his own free will the next day, not as a defence, but just because he was pissed off. IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD.
Sounds like you have everyone on the way to the gallows already Isaac. Did I miss the bit where the Leinster players were given an opportunity to put their case forward?
Get in the f%~king bag.
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

slum wrote:I have heard that Sykes has made a bit of a bad name for himself already withIn the squad..
Go on slum. Tell us..
Isaac4leinster
Mullet

Post by Isaac4leinster »

Slipper1 wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:

Sounds like you have everyone on the way to the gallows already Isaac. Did I miss the bit where the Leinster players were given an opportunity to put their case forward?
A lot of time when this allegation is made its when there has been an altercation and someone plays the 'race card'. To me the fact that no major bust-up or 'rugby incident' has happened and this allegation has been put out there, not in the heat of the moment, but the next morning on twitter, well, does anyone see it any other way?

I'd presume they'd deny it though, and nothing may come of this anyway. If it is true is pretty embarrassing for them and Leinster.
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

Leinster Lout wrote:
Go on slum. Tell us..

Nothing too specific, just I heard his attitude wasn't the best. Seems he though he deserved special treatment.
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
MelbourneRebel
Knowledgeable

Post by MelbourneRebel »

I am glad Leinster are taking this seriously.

There is a stark contrast between the way they are handling this and the recent League of Ireland controversy when a Shamrock Rovers player was accused of racially abusing a Derry City player (the club basically instantly denied everything, attacked the player etc).

At least there is no culture of racism at Leinster and they are investigating it. I doubt this is a fabrication to be honest. I'd be inclined to terminate their contracts if this is true.
MelbourneRebel
Knowledgeable

Post by MelbourneRebel »

slum wrote:
Leinster Lout wrote:
Go on slum. Tell us..

Nothing too specific, just I heard his attitude wasn't the best. Seems he though he deserved special treatment.
Special treatment? What exactly has Sykes done in his career? He shares a dressing room with players who have won leagues, Heineken Cups, 6 Nations, are internationals and have Lions caps. What a muppet.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

Isaac4leinster wrote:

The word TAIL as you meant to use it is more correctly spelt TALE. So considering the fact that basic english language spelling is outside of your realm of knowledge I would wonder what you know about South Africans .
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

Isaac4leinster wrote:

The word TAIL as you meant to use it is more correctly spelt TALE. So considering the fact that basic english language spelling is outside of your realm of knowledge I would wonder what you know about South Africans .
Durkah Durkah
Bookworm

Post by Durkah Durkah »

ellandleinster wrote:
Isaac4leinster wrote:

He can't spell correctly in context and you can't use technology (double post!). Would you say Isaacs is due to inability and yours is just a mistake or how do you explain it??
Leinster Lout
Graduate

Post by Leinster Lout »

Go on slum. Tell us..[/quote]

Nothing too specific, just I heard his attitude wasn't the best. Seems he though he deserved special treatment.[/quote]
Special treatment? What exactly has Sykes done in his career? He shares a dressing room with players who have won leagues, Heineken Cups, 6 Nations, are internationals and have Lions caps. What a muppet.[/quote]

Slum, you'd have to elaborate before Sykes' character is to be stained even more