Dear Leinster Branch....

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Dear Leinster Branch....

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

why do you insist on putting tickets on sale, midweek at 10am ?

Some of us can't get access from work to order at that time.

What's bloody wrong with putting them on sale at the weekend or at some hour of the day when people have access to home PC's ?

I would have liked to order tickets for the ML final, but because of the Monday 10 am start time and the ridiculous 6 tickets per person limit, any decent ones were gone by the time I arrived home.
T - 45
Leezer
Enlightened

Re: Dear Leinster Branch....

Post by Leezer »

iphone

cough

cough
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Post by brummie-leinster-man »

Leezer wrote:I've got an iphone look at meeeee!!!!!

cough

cough

Corrected :lol:

bloody iPhone users :P
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Well I dont mind the mid week sale the time of the sale always sucks! mornings are the businest time of day... ya know when you do loads of work so you can have a lazy afternoon! 2pm or later sale would be awesome!
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:why do you insist on putting tickets on sale, midweek at 10am ?

What's bloody wrong with putting them on sale at the weekend or at some hour of the day when people have access to home PC's ?

I would have liked to order tickets for the ML final, but because of the Monday 10 am start time and the ridiculous 6 tickets per person limit, any decent ones were gone by the time I arrived home.

says the guy that posted @ 9am on a friday morning :green clap: :P
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Bosco wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:why do you insist on putting tickets on sale, midweek at 10am ?

says the guy that posted @ 9am on a friday morning :green clap: :P
ability to read the time fail!
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

oops :lol: even the time i posted is wrong :lol:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Bosco wrote:oops :lol: even the time i posted is wrong :lol:
Ah sure it's understandable. Your mob is always behind the times! :wink:
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

What about the people who don't have the Internet at home? Or the people who work nights/weekends?? I think it's ridiculous that someone from the branch doesn't call to my house before every game to offer me the best tickets.
totalrandomer
Graduate

Post by totalrandomer »

I would like to protest too, because I can't access it in work, and I have no mates. No members of my family like me enough to buy my tickets online.

The dog loves me, but unfortunately his paws are too big, and he always types my credit card details in wrong. :(

I think someone in the season tickets office should be assigned to protect the unloved in our society.
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

I'm perfectly happy with mid week tickets,
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

totalrandomer wrote:I would like to protest too, because I can't access it in work, and I have no mates. No members of my family like me enough to buy my tickets online.

The dog loves me, but unfortunately his paws are too big, and he always types my credit card details in wrong. :(

I think someone in the season tickets office should be assigned to protect the unloved in our society.
Bosco, next time I get down to Dolans, I'll bring you a new pair of specs :wink: would the bottom of two pint glasses be ok ?

TR that's a tad insulting !

Perhaps I should expand.

I got tickets for the quarter and semi-finals through a relative. When it came to allocating tickets for the final, I felt that although I didn't miss a match at home during the season, I was being penalised because there were no additonal purchases against my name. My attendance was not recorded. If the branch intends to continue allocating prime game (i.e. finals)tickets on this basis, then it's bit unfair to anyone in the same situation as me.

It's not a huge ask to shift the start time for ordering from normal work hours to after work hours, without disaffecting supporters. Is it ?

If you'd been around in 2006/7/8, you would understand that problems with ticketing was one of the reasons behing the calls for an OLSC to be set up.
T - 45
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

totalrandomer wrote:I would like to protest too, because I can't access it in work, and I have no mates. No members of my family like me enough to buy my tickets online.

Bosco, next time I get down to Dolans, I'll bring you a new pair of specs :wink: would the bottom of two pint glasses be ok ?

Perhaps I should expand.

I got tickets for the quarter and semi-finals through a relative. When it came to allocating tickets for the final, I felt that although I didn't miss a match at home during the season, I was being penalised because there were no additonal purchases against my name. My attendance was not recorded. If the branch intends to continue allocating prime game (i.e. finals)tickets on this basis, then it's bit unfair to anyone in the same situation as me.

It's not a huge ask to shift the start time for ordering from normal work hours to after work hours, without disaffecting supporters. Is it ?

If you'd been around in 2006/7/8, you would understand that problems with ticketing was one of the reasons behing the calls for an OLSC to be set up.
T - 45
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Crazydave, what about the people who would prefer the tickets to go on sale during work hours? Because they have Internet in work... I would guess they are the majority....
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

jrc wrote:Crazydave, what about the people who would prefer the tickets to go on sale during work hours? Because they have Internet in work... I would guess they are the majority....
That's a big step down from "I think it's ridiculous that someone from the branch doesn't call to my house before every game to offer me the best tickets."

Honestly. Come off it. How many don't have access to the internet either at home or on their iPhone. If other employers, like mine, implemented a "no purchases" policy or, as in other places I've worked, a restricted access policy based on work needs, there'd be a bigger outcry. In the current economic climate, as an employer I'd be on the side of "when your in work, you're there to work".

Unless you work in IT, for whom there are no actual restrictions :roll:
T - 45
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

In the same boat, also have no internet access during working hours. It's very irritating alright when tickets go onsale at 10am on a work day.
totalrandomer
Graduate

Post by totalrandomer »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:

Perhaps I should expand.

If I did not have access to the net in work I would mail my sth details and credit card no to a trusted friend or family member with instructions not to fcuk it up.

I don't think whether tickets have been bought on your account, or what games you attend has a bearing on your ability to purchase, despite it being stipulated in the terms
CRAZYDAVE wrote: If you'd been around in 2006/7/8, you would understand that problems with ticketing was one of the reasons behing the calls for an OLSC to be set up.
As it happens I have been. Just not on this forum.
I have been an sth since Donnybrook.