Ticket prices - fair play to Munster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Gonzo
Learner

Ticket prices - fair play to Munster

Post by Gonzo »

7 of us made it down for the final. Stand tickets on the 22 cost €33 each. Compare this to the semi v Ulster in the RDS and my own seat on the 22 (Block D, Anglesea) cost me €55. That's a big difference and hopefully Leinster will learn from this and drop the prices next time to get more bums on seats. There were loads of empty seats around me and a lot of season ticket holders that you'd see throughout the season wearn't there.
12 County Army
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: Ticket prices - fair play to Munster

Post by Logorrhea »

Gonzo wrote:7 of us made it down for the final. Stand tickets on the 22 cost €33 each. Compare this to the semi v Ulster in the RDS and my own seat on the 22 (Block D, Anglesea) cost me €55. That's a big difference and hopefully Leinster will learn from this and drop the prices next time to get more bums on seats. There were loads of empty seats around me and a lot of season ticket holders that you'd see throughout the season wearn't there.
The Semi wasnt empty because of the price of tickets, a lot of the regulars were just worn out from all the high intensity games.

I only went due to a sense of morbid curiosity.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Gonzo wrote:7 of us made it down for the final. Stand tickets on the 22 cost €33 each. Compare this to the semi v Ulster in the RDS and my own seat on the 22 (Block D, Anglesea) cost me €55. That's a big difference and hopefully Leinster will learn from this and drop the prices next time to get more bums on seats. There were loads of empty seats around me and a lot of season ticket holders that you'd see throughout the season wearn't there.

You should compare like with like.
Munster had barely 13,000 at their semi final against the Ospreys.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Gonzo
Learner

Post by Gonzo »

Leinsterman wrote:You should compare like with like.
Munster had barely 13,000 at their semi final against the Ospreys.
Fair point but surely Ulster at home would be a bigger draw for us? I reckon they had more fans down then from the previous match (well, it was a semi!).

A few people were complaining on Facebook threads about the prices. If it kept people away, I just think it's a pity is all...
12 County Army
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Munster were certain of a home semi so they'd been able to sell tickets even before the last game. They also didn't have the uncertainty of how many fans would travel. They knew there'd only be a small party of Ospreys. We had to give Ulster fans a chance and had a lot less time to sell our tickets.

Price didn't help though.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

ronk wrote:Munster were certain of a home semi so they'd been able to sell tickets even before the last game. They also didn't have the uncertainty of how many fans would travel. They knew there'd only be a small party of Ospreys. We had to give Ulster fans a chance and had a lot less time to sell our tickets.

Price didn't help though.
There was also the small matter of a trip to Cardiff to fund the following week for a significant number of people.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Gonzo
Learner

Post by Gonzo »

honeyec wrote:There was also the small matter of a trip to Cardiff to fund the following week for a significant number of people.
True - maybe Leinster should have taken this into consideration! :D

Put it like this - the semi cost €55 for a seat on the 22. If the final was in the RDS I doubt very much that I'd have been charged €33 for the same seat!
12 County Army
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Logorrhea wrote: The Semi wasnt empty because of the price of tickets, a lot of the regulars were just worn out from all the high intensity games.
Yea, what ever about the number of games that the team had to play, think of how tough it was on us. The physicality and intensity I bring to the watching the game week after week is taking its toll. I dread to think what kind of shape I'll be in after I retire. :D
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
odyboody
Knowledgeable

Post by odyboody »

What was the price of a semi ticket down Munster way?
Thought it was Magners who ran the final and so set the price? If so would probably have been the same if it had been in the RDS.
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

It was very good value, my terrace ticket was €23 including booking fee. I think Munster have taken a leaf out of Leinster's book by reducing ticket prices and offering better value for families, I think the final prices reflect the prices they will be charging next year. My Leinster Ulster semi final terrace ticket was €27 which was ok I thought, although a terrace ticket in the RDS only allows you to see 1/2 of the game!
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Munster have dropped all the ticket prices for next year for the ML, they also priced the final and semi-final at next years prices, the MRSC ticket system is also cheaper than Ticketmaster
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Bosco wrote:Munster have dropped all the ticket prices for next year for the ML, they also priced the final and semi-final at next years prices, the MRSC ticket system is also cheaper than Ticketmaster
So why don't ya go and live in Munster if ya bloody love it so much.........oh wait! :lol:
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Comparing like with like again, Limerick is not Dublin. The cost of everything in Dublin is higher, staff insurace the whole works. Wages are higher in Dublin in line with a higher cost of living, wages are lower in line with cost of living in Limerick.

Sure go crazy and compare Leinster and Munster prices with Connacht. Its lower again in Connacht.

I'm happy with the value I'm getting from my money with Leinster. Value for money is the important thing, not cheapness
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Gonzo wrote:
honeyec wrote:There was also the small matter of a trip to Cardiff to fund the following week for a significant number of people.
True - maybe Leinster should have taken this into consideration! :D

Put it like this - the semi cost €55 for a seat on the 22. If the final was in the RDS I doubt very much that I'd have been charged €33 for the same seat!
My tickets for the semi were €30 for me and a fiver for my son. Exceptional value.

My season ticket is even better value. No complaints with ticket prices.
Gonzo
Learner

Post by Gonzo »

BlueBlue wrote:Comparing like with like again, Limerick is not Dublin. The cost of everything in Dublin is higher, staff insurace the whole works. Wages are higher in Dublin in line with a higher cost of living, wages are lower in line with cost of living in Limerick.

Sure go crazy and compare Leinster and Munster prices with Connacht. Its lower again in Connacht.

I'm happy with the value I'm getting from my money with Leinster. Value for money is the important thing, not cheapness
So just completely ignore the suggestion that Leinster should lower their prices with the intention of getting more people into the game :roll:

It wasn't a rant about ticket prices.
12 County Army
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Gonzo wrote:
BlueBlue wrote:Comparing like with like again, Limerick is not Dublin. The cost of everything in Dublin is higher, staff insurace the whole works. Wages are higher in Dublin in line with a higher cost of living, wages are lower in line with cost of living in Limerick.

So just completely ignore the suggestion that Leinster should lower their prices with the intention of getting more people into the game :roll:

Truthfully, yes. You could have gotten tickets to the semifinal for €30.00. Its a professional sport, we pay to watch some of the best players in the world for €30. To me thats great value.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Gonzo wrote:

I don't have a problem with the concept of lowering ticket prices. For some classes of tickets the price difference was large, not so much for others. The point could also be made that there were more fans in the RDS than Thomond for the semi, despite the Saturday evening fixture.
Turnip Boy
Knowledgeable

Post by Turnip Boy »

ronk wrote:
Gonzo wrote:

I don't have a problem with the concept of lowering ticket prices. For some classes of tickets the price difference was large, not so much for others. The point could also be made that there were more fans in the RDS than Thomond for the semi, despite the Saturday evening fixture.

a massive 1,329 people more. I wonder does anyone know how many fans Ulster brought down for the semi final because I'm fairly sure its more than the Osprey's who only took up 14 tickets of their offical allocation
“It was a very simple gameplan, not the type of gameplan that would work for the Wallabies. I think it’d be too restrictive on the talent we have.” - Rocky on Leinster's style of rugby.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

14? Really? Sure the team bus would have more liggers than that on it.
Four Stars