So-called "fans"

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

berniemac67
Mullet

Re: So-called "fans"

Post by berniemac67 »

Skinfull wrote:I was talking to a guy in the bar who was in the know and he said that Leinster were gonna retrace their roots and go back to the green jersey. Seemed a bit off to me but the guy had like an official Leinster jacket on so it MUST have been true...I mean it must have been FACT!
we'll need all new chants as well ... b*%&!x!
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

I heard that Leinster will be renamed Dublin, and that Sean O'Brien has signed for Munster. The sky blue Heineken Cup jerseys were just the start.
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

Jaysus is SOB is goin to Munster then I'm outta here!
sh!t lads screw it... wonder if I could trade in my Leinster Season ticket for a Connaught one... least they get a free pint at every home game!
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
shark_sandwich
Beginner

Post by shark_sandwich »

Conspicuous by its absence is a thread from Munster fans claiming that Leinster fans hurled grenades at them in the stands. Funny how these threads never materialise when the opposing team wins.

(as a sidenote, and possibly to prove that my theory is correct in that it's always the losing team who moans! I was displeased to see a minority of munster fans engaged in what our friends from down south would consider "West Brit, soccer style behaviour" - roaring "Dublin c##ts" during breaks in play, putting their hands on their lips shushing Leinster fans following their first try, Turning to agressively roar abuse in the direction of Leinster fans etc. etc.)
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

I was more surprised to see the amount of Munster fans leave both before the whistle and then after the whistle but before the trophy was given! WTF?!
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Satan's Little Helper
Bookworm

Post by Satan's Little Helper »

just glad we could help them fill their stadium last nite...
illthinkofsomething
Bookworm

Post by illthinkofsomething »

shark_sandwich wrote:Conspicuous by its absence is a thread from Munster fans claiming that Leinster fans hurled grenades at them in the stands. Funny how these threads never materialise when the opposing team wins.

(as a sidenote, and possibly to prove that my theory is correct in that it's always the losing team who moans! I was displeased to see a minority of munster fans engaged in what our friends from down south would consider "West Brit, soccer style behaviour" - roaring "Dublin c##ts" during breaks in play, putting their hands on their lips shushing Leinster fans following their first try, Turning to agressively roar abuse in the direction of Leinster fans etc. etc.)
I was sitting beside a couple of luverly munster ladies and the general mood after was one of joy out side after, didnt hear any carp tbh, completly different to when they are beaten.
2009 2011 2012
Lions me hole, I have no interest in watching Irishmen getting injured playing for England in Welsh shirts....it has a ring of the Somme to it
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

One Munster fan roared.... 'Ya Leinster Cu*t' ....just as Johnny was lining up his kick.

He's entitled to his opinion but lots of Women and kids in that section :?

Watched the replay and it's nauseasting to hear Cahill and Keyes waxing lyrical about the famous Thomomd respect for the kickers. Aside from the above there were whistles everytime Johnny was about to strike the ball.
3 Gold Stars
illthinkofsomething
Bookworm

Post by illthinkofsomething »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:One Munster fan roared.... 'Ya Leinster Cu*t' ....just as Johnny was lining up his kick.

Watched the replay and it's nauseasting to hear Cahill and Keyes waxing lyrical about the famous Thomomd respect for the kickers. Aside from the above there were whistles everytime Johnny was about to strike the ball.
in fairness not for his first kick.......and you saw what hapened to that one! You would think they would have learned! :wink:
2009 2011 2012
Lions me hole, I have no interest in watching Irishmen getting injured playing for England in Welsh shirts....it has a ring of the Somme to it
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

I was on the North Terrace and both sets of fans were grand, with the exception of the one Munster supporter at the very front of the terrace halfway between the post and the left sideline who kept giving Sexton the finger and screaming abuse purely at Sexton. In no way representative of the general vibe from Munster fans, and his two young sons beside him looked like they wanted to crawl into the ground.

I left the second the match was over before the presentation etc, and I was shocked at the amount of Munster supporters leaving too. I suppose it shows how much weight Irish people give to the Magners League in general
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

gfo wrote:
I left the second the match was over before the presentation etc, and I was shocked at the amount of Munster supporters leaving too. I suppose it shows how much weight Irish people give to the Magners League in general
I don't think it's that different from the crowds who leave the RDS five minutes before the match is over tbh.
A proud Winsome Fluter
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

So the Magners League trophy is of so little consequence to them they'd rather get out early to beat the traffic?
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

gfo wrote:So the Magners League trophy is of so little consequence to them they'd rather get out early to beat the traffic?
being presented with the magners is like a smack in the face since they didn't win the HEC ;)
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

gfo wrote:So the Magners League trophy is of so little consequence to them they'd rather get out early to beat the traffic?
Yes, and it was the very same for Leinster's win in the RDS.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

I had to get to the pub to see Barcelona give United a masterclass in football
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

In what?
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

meinster wrote:
When did we win the Magners League trophy in the RDS?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

gfo wrote:
meinster wrote:
When did we win the Magners League trophy in the RDS?
'08. There was a good crowd for the presentation but I didn't go to the event in the RDS hall afterwards. I must admit I didn't stick round for the presentation to the SpreyTans last year either. I know it shows respect etc. but I can just about put up with that cr@p when we win.
Sincero
Graduate

Post by Sincero »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:One Munster fan roared.... 'Ya Leinster Cu*t' ....just as Johnny was lining up his kick.

Yes... heard that clearly in the North End, but I think it was in the plural and aimed at all of us. What a gent and a scholar. Clearly a philosopher. Lovely chap, am sure. Anyway, as shocking as Nigel was, they deserved it on the day... we simply couldn't bring ourselves back up to the intensity level required after Cardiff, while Munster sat there on two-weeks off seething and resenting, as is their wont.

On the fans, as usual the gobshites are in a minority, just not in such a small minority as in other provinces when it's Munster we're talking about. The real rugby folk are grand, of course... the 2008 breed of wagoners are the eejits that roar and shout abuse. My attitude? Well, same for the nice folk as for the gobshites... I shook their hands, said well done and applauded them as I left. It's fitting for the decent folk, and it completely disarms and confuses the eejits who've never understood the concept of good grace.

Still, lads... savage weekend had by all. And huge pride in the boys and what they've achieved this year, plus in our supporters who were brilliant and all. What a season. Well done all.
Be there, be blue! Sing loud and true! (Drink pint... or eight...) Diddlydoo!
WexfordBlue
Beginner

Post by WexfordBlue »

Lad's, I was at the game, I sat in the East Stand middle tier, and the only gobsh!@" I heard of was some gimp from Dublin with a 07 Leinster geansai on him calling Roman Poite a French p@~ck, a French @~!$ and so on for about a min., this fella was sitting right behind me and right beside me was a fella from guess where..............France, I felt like hitting the fella behind me a good puck in the face, and beside him was a chap with a 95 SA geansai, saying at the top of vocal chord's "do they teach scrumming in Leinster" ?, saying that, that was in about the 20th min., (saying that, in my excitement, I asked at the top of my voice "do they have a back's coach in Northampton ;) )