Munster's supporters poll gives us 64%

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

glenageary
Mullet

Munster's supporters poll gives us 64%

Post by glenageary »

according to munsterfans.com's poll 64% of them will be supporting us , with 18% for the saints and rest are indifferent.

2 thirds I guess aint bad - but i suspect at kick off it could be higher

I would hope that the vast majority of us would put aside the provincial differences and support munster in a final (speaking as a leinster fan who attended 2 munster finals - including the leicester one - after they won it i wasnt bothered travelling again but still supported them)

you have to be fairly die hard to shout against another irish team (ie the musters with the leicester scarfs in edinburgh and the munsters i met at the Racing game)

I will be shouting for Stad tommorrow in honour of Michael, although i am an admirer of conor
Mackman15
Mullet

Re: Munster's supporters poll gives us 64%

Post by Mackman15 »

glenageary wrote:according to munsterfans.com's poll 64% of them will be supporting us , with 18% for the saints and rest are indifferent.

2 thirds I guess aint bad - but i suspect at kick off it could be higher

I would hope that the vast majority of us would put aside the provincial differences and support munster in a final (speaking as a leinster fan who attended 2 munster finals - including the leicester one - after they won it i wasnt bothered travelling again but still supported them)

you have to be fairly die hard to shout against another irish team (ie the musters with the leicester scarfs in edinburgh and the munsters i met at the Racing game)

I will be shouting for Stad tommorrow in honour of Michael, although i am an admirer of conor

I couldn't tell you the number of well wishing mails, texts etc this week coming from folks down south for this weekend particularly compared to last time round.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
pumpingthelegs
Beginner

Post by pumpingthelegs »

born in dublin and went to school in a rugby school but parents and endless cousins plus entire extended family except for me and one brother are from limerick, i'm not mad on the interprovincial hatred but i can definitely understand it, \and hate the munster hype plenty. overall tho we should all be happy when an irish team wins. thought of us losing to an english team this weekend is horrible....esp one with hartley, ashton etc...can't wait to get to cardiff now....see many of you there!
Sarphil
Enlightened

Post by Sarphil »

This really doesn't bother me. As someone who spent years attending AIL matches all around Ireland, I always loved going to Limerick and Cork and have great memories of singing "There is an isle" and "Hooray for Garryowen" while more than slightly inebriated. However, if I am honest, in latter years I cannot bring myself to support Munster. I went to the 2006 final and was happy for them that they won, but I didn't cheer for them. Sorry!
'la vista che m'apparve d'un leone
Questi parea che contra me venisse
con la test'alta e con rabbiosa fame,
sì che parea che l'aere ne tremesse'
INFERNO CANTO 01

http://www.bornfree.org.uk
MelbourneRebel
Knowledgeable

Post by MelbourneRebel »

To be honest I didn't cheer for them in their HC Finals (I wasn't cheering against them either) so I see nothing wrong with their fans not cheering for us. They are our greatest rivals, it is a healthy rivalry and there is nothing wrong with not wishing success on your rivals. I wouldn't wish misfortune on them either.

It is purely down to our rivalry rather than any Irish begrudgery. I probably would cheer for Connacht or Ulster if and when they next appear in European finals.
Leinster11
Beginner

Post by Leinster11 »

Me and a few lads booked the 08 final during the group stages ended just for the craic, Munster made it and we all wore Munster jerseys and shouted munster munster munster with the odd Leinster thrown in there. We had a great time with them and they where class craic.

Roll on one year we where in Edinburgh and the 3 of us where shocked at all the Munster supporters telling us "Ahh Ye had yer final" and they had written us off. Wouldn't cheer us on either. I'm sure a lot supported us aswell tho.

There an odd bunch I work with 6 Munster supporters who when they played quins one of them said Ahh sure I wouldn't be into that. If its not Heineken they don't seem to care lol. Maybe the ones over here are different but don't seem to interested anymore.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

could not give 2 hoots - I think we will be blue enough and loud enough for anyone just as we are!!!

But any none Blues are more than welcome on board.....
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

scary thing, if Quinns were to win tonight, and Northhampton won tmw then england would have won the 6N, HEC and Amlin. Surely for the sake of the northern hemisphere we cannot allow that to happen...
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

MelbourneRebel wrote:To be honest I didn't cheer for them in their HC Finals (I wasn't cheering against them either) so I see nothing wrong with their fans not cheering for us. They are our greatest rivals, it is a healthy rivalry and there is nothing wrong with not wishing success on your rivals. I wouldn't wish misfortune on them either.

It is purely down to our rivalry rather than any Irish begrudgery. I probably would cheer for Connacht or Ulster if and when they next appear in European finals.
Totally agree...
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Blåränderna
Graduate

Post by Blåränderna »

Saw a few of the usual blind, slightly hateful messages from Munster fan's on twitter, but also saw a few well wishing ones too. My favourite one from the former pile said something to the tune of 'HC Final won't sell out! You can tell Munster aren't in it!!'. I pointed out the attendance in Thomond last week. No reply.
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

Blåränderna wrote:Saw a few of the usual blind, slightly hateful messages from Munster fan's on twitter, but also saw a few well wishing ones too. My favourite one from the former pile said something to the tune of 'HC Final won't sell out! You can tell Munster aren't in it!!'. I pointed out the attendance in Thomond last week. No reply.
:)
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Same as things on here, 64% of Munsterfans.com probably translates to 95% of all Munster fans.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

olaf the fat wrote:Same as things on here, 64% of Munsterfans.com probably translates to 95% of all Munster fans.
+1

Though I'm not sure why anyone is too bothered.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

"As the worlds eyes look upon Ireland this week as history is unfolding, I urge citizens of the south to find in their hearts, forgiveness to our neighbours for the terrible memories and hurt. If you can look to the future and not the past, but not forgetting the past you might find it in your soul to shout for Leinster this weekend..."

A text doing the rounds down south, fair play lads and thanks for the support! :clap:
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Blåränderna wrote:Saw a few of the usual blind, slightly hateful messages from Munster fan's on twitter, but also saw a few well wishing ones too. My favourite one from the former pile said something to the tune of 'HC Final won't sell out! You can tell Munster aren't in it!!'. I pointed out the attendance in Thomond last week. No reply.
Pin point accuracy. :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

[quote="glenageary]I will be shouting for Stad tommorrow in honour of Michael, although i am an admirer of conor[/quote]

In fairness (or is it just me?), no matter how decent a guy Conor O'Shea is, how could any Leinster or neutral fan want that pack of cheaters to win anything? Beating Stade will not be redemption - it'll be pathetic because they shouldn't be near a European game for 10 years.

I couldn't give a toss really about Munster or their fans. Thanks for the kind words and all, but leave us to it
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

glenageary wrote:...put aside the provincial differences and support munster in a final
No.

I'd be neutral though. I wouldn't cheer against them for the sake of our rivalry, I just wouldn't cheer for them because they aren't Leinster
Last edited by gfo on May 20th, 2011, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

gfo wrote:
glenageary wrote:...put aside the provincial differences and support munster in a final
No.

I'd be neutral though. I wouldn't cheer against them for the sake of our rivalry, I just wonder cheer for them because they aren't Leinster
after some of the hostility i encountered in edinburgh i'd never ever cheer for munster, except against leicester ... maybe
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
Beanbag
Learner

Post by Beanbag »

gfo wrote:
No.

I'd be neutral though. I wouldn't cheer against them for the sake of our rivalry, I just wonder cheer for them because they aren't Leinster
+1
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

suisse wrote:In fairness (or is it just me?), no matter how decent a guy Conor O'Shea is, how could any Leinster or neutral fan want that pack of cheaters to win anything? Beating Stade will not be redemption - it'll be pathetic because they shouldn't be near a European game for 10 years.
Probably just you.