Munster -v- Leinster (Celtic Grand Final)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Sincero
Graduate

Munster -v- Leinster (Celtic Grand Final)

Post by Sincero »

Well, it seemed at times inevitable, and now it's a reality. Just to be clear, we get half the available allocation, and with the season that's in it I really hope we can take 100% of that. Please start now by badgering everyone you know... imagine Thomond bedecked in a sea of blue amidst a deafening chorus of 'Molly'. Spread the word, folks!

What a match this will be.
Be there, be blue! Sing loud and true! (Drink pint... or eight...) Diddlydoo!
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Re: Munster -v- Leinster (Celtic Grand Final)

Post by [Jackass] »

For those who can't afford / dont want a weekend in Limerick, I think Leinster rugby / OLSC should announce IMMEDIATELY a ticket package of ticket plus return bus on the day, and subject to demand, we could get a fair few thousand down on busses alone, plus the people who go down for the weekend / drive down etc.

I hope we can get a massive crowd down to this and I hope OLSC and LR push it and market it really hard and make it as cost effective and acccesable as possible to fans to take over Thomond.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Following today’s results the Magners League Grand Final has now been confirmed

Munster v Leinster

Thomond Park

Saturday, 28th May 2011

Kick Off: 5.05pm

Season Ticket holders can purchase up to 6 tickets per Season Ticket held for this fixture (on a first come first served basis while stocks last). Tickets can be purchased using the unique password below and will go on sale at 10am on Monday morning via the link below. Tickets will NOT be available via your Season Ticket account for this event.

Please note Season Ticket holders will have access to tickets until 5pm on Wednesday, 18th May as unsold tickets must be returned to the host club by Thursday.

Kind regards,

Ticketmaster acting on behalf of Leinster Rugby
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

If you are thinking of stopping in Limerick, best get in quickly - some hotel prices have doubled in the past 20 minutes!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

mikey wrote:If you are thinking of stopping in Limerick, best get in quickly - some hotel prices have doubled in the past 20 minutes!
They'll be left with a lot of empty overpriced rooms so. We'll be lucky if more than two or three thousand travel.
I have Bumbleflex
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Dave Cahill wrote:
mikey wrote:If you are thinking of stopping in Limerick, best get in quickly - some hotel prices have doubled in the past 20 minutes!
We'll be lucky if more than two or three thousand travel.
Why?

If there was a big push to get fans down and back in the one day with a big ticket and bus combo deal, you don't think people would avail of it?
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

any idea what ticket prices are like?
leinster80
Enlightened

Post by leinster80 »

If anyone is not using their password could they pass it on, looking to grab myself a pair.
Shake your di*ks, this pissing contest is over!
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

[Jackass] wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
We'll be lucky if more than two or three thousand travel.
Why?

If there was a big push to get fans down and back in the one day with a big ticket and bus combo deal, you don't think people would avail of it?

I;d have thought there would be more interest than that - admittedly its the week after the HC, but its still the final of the league.....and its only a couple of hours drive from Dublin - we drive further to watch us play at Rodney Parade!
Kyle
Knowledgeable

Post by Kyle »

If there are buses going I see no reason why we couldn't get a good crowd - that and the fact that a day trip will be the option for most - buses or no buses. Do we know what time kick off is at?
Brannigans Law is like Brannigans love, hard and fast!
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

It's essentially a cup final against Munster, which hasn't happened in over a decade, and it could be a game for a historic double, I can't imagine a bigger game, and it's the last day of the season, one more trip.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

If there is a bus + ticket combo I'd definitely try and swing it, otherwise I'll probably be confined to the telly at home.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

[Jackass] wrote:It's essentially a cup final against Munster, which hasn't happened in over a decade, and it could be a game for a historic double, I can't imagine a bigger game, and it's the last day of the season, one more trip.
Tell you what Jackass. You obviously feel strongly about it. Why don't you contact the OLSC and tell them that you'll do all the organising for them. They may be busy with other things this week.
A proud Winsome Fluter
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Post by leinsterfan100 »

Tickets are between 20-45 euro, reasonable enough. Better than Cardiff prices anyway!
Terraceman
Graduate

Post by Terraceman »

Amz wrote:If there is a bus + ticket combo I'd definitely try and swing it, otherwise I'll probably be confined to the telly at home.
But surely if such a combo existed it would be the same price as the two items individually. The OLSC have to cover costs on their bus service and Munster fans would be up in arms if we got discounted tickets and they didn't. The terrace in Thomond is usually €25 I think. The empty terraces seen in Thomond today will put them off charging more than €30 and on your bus and ya have €45 for the day. Don't think a package is going to do anything on that.

Edit: €35!
Ah it's alright mate I've being looking to change that wing mirror- Rocky Elsom 19/05/2009
Scrumdog
Bookworm

Post by Scrumdog »

Got 2 rooms in the Maldron for €49 each earlier on. Got these through hotels combined site and not directly with the hotel. :D
Terraceman
Graduate

Post by Terraceman »

Since we have half the allocation you imagine we would have half the east terrace. It would be great if everyone bought for that terrace rather than been scattered everywhere. Its a great view from there as well..... Just a suggestion.
Ah it's alright mate I've being looking to change that wing mirror- Rocky Elsom 19/05/2009
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Terraceman wrote:
But surely if such a combo existed it would be the same price as the two items individually. The OLSC have to cover costs on their bus service and Munster fans would be up in arms if we got discounted tickets and they didn't. The terrace in Thomond is usually €25 I think. The empty terraces seen in Thomond today will put them off charging more than €30 and on your bus and ya have €45 for the day. Don't think a package is going to do anything on that.

Edit: €35!
Oh yeah, I know it's not going to be a huge amount of money, just can't afford more than 40quid really. Have been a hermit all week and will be next week just to scrap enough Shekels for Cardiff, so another weekend for rugby will be tight.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Just booked the Perys Best Western for €39 pps through Lidl breaks.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Kyle wrote:If there are buses going I see no reason why we couldn't get a good crowd - that and the fact that a day trip will be the option for most - buses or no buses. Do we know what time kick off is at?
Buses go toall the inter pros .

KO is 5.05pm so is certainly more family friendly (for a day trip).