Munster -v- Leinster (Celtic Grand Final)

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

BoysinBlue
Beginner

Re: Munster -v- Leinster (Celtic Grand Final)

Post by BoysinBlue »

Great team, really shows we are taking this match seriously and not resting some ahead of world cup(as I heard suggested somewhere) If we play like we did in the second half last week, then Munster wont be able to cope. I think this match will be much closer though
lummix
Graduate

Post by lummix »

Munster are going to go after our lineout, expect chief turnip muncher to kick for field position and them to play a slow grinding game.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

I fully expect Munster to revert to type.

Basically keep the ball with the forwards and try to grind us down. They don't have the requisite game plan other than a forwards orientated game to win this one. The 2nd half of the league game will be their template and i reckon we'll be ready this time.
I think we'll get up a head of steam and hopefully we don't run out of puff in the last 15mins because no question, last saturday's exertions will take their toll at some stage.
As has proved all season Joe is quite adept at using our bench at crucial times.

I'm confident about this one, listening to Leo on the breakdown he's totally understated :D
3 Gold Stars
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

jesus - did anyone else hear the rumour that there was suspect substance found during munster's captains run? apparently league officials and the DS were called in
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

slum wrote:jesus - did anyone else hear the rumour that there was suspect substance found during munster's captains run? apparently league officials and the DS were called in
I'd be very surprised if that were true do you have a link?
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

slum wrote:jesus - did anyone else hear the rumour that there was suspect substance found during munster's captains run? apparently league officials and the DS were called in
nonsense surely
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
toffblue
Bookworm

Post by toffblue »

<awaits the punchline eagerly>
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems." H J Simpson Esq
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Is this like the one where all the people were injured coming out of the Estadio Anoeta?
Satan's Little Helper
Bookworm

Post by Satan's Little Helper »

sure it wasnt the BS called in?
Satan's Little Helper
Bookworm

Post by Satan's Little Helper »

BTW the lineup is awesome... roll on 17.05 tomorrow...
cleanpairofheals
Beginner

Post by cleanpairofheals »

Satan's Little Helper wrote:sure it wasnt the BS called in?
:happy clapper:
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

the following press release is due to be issues this evening;

Code: Select all

During Munster's captains run this afternoon a suspect white powder was found on the pitch.  Munster rugby officials and League officials were immediately contacted and the assistance of the Limerick's Drug Squad was enlisted.  Subsequently the area was cordoned off.

Initial tests showed that the substance was not  contraband in nature but was in fact Leinster's try line.

there will be no further action taken by the league officials or munster  branch
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

slum wrote:

During Munster's captains run this afternoon a suspect white powder was found on the pitch.  Munster rugby officials and League officials were immediately contacted and the assistance of the Limerick's Drug Squad was enlisted.  Subsequently the area was cordoned off.

Initial tests showed that the substance was not  contraband in nature but was in fact Leinster's try line.

there will be no further action taken by the league officials or munster  branch
Badooom! Can't crack my one now after that.
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

slum wrote:

:green clap: :clap: :happy clapper:
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

slum wrote:

That was very funny, in fairness...
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

I thought it might have been Cordite!
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Edna Kenny wrote:I thought it might have been Cordite!
That was my first guess too :(
shark_sandwich
Beginner

Post by shark_sandwich »

Far be it from me to give this sort of thing attention but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cedgd4Qtuw

(Disclaimer: I know all Munster fans aren't like this etc. etc.....)

Still as a "Leinster Tan" :roll: this reminded me of how much we NEED to win this game tomorrow.

Here's to the double.

Allez les Blues!
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Sexy-Ferg-BOD axis will be amazing to watch! Also the respective front rows will give us a massive advantage on paper, we've already seen what van der Merwe has done to europes best props this season, John Hayes hasn't been in that category for a very very very long time! Ditto Mike Ross who will be rubbing his hands together at the thought of going up against Horan.

That team is more than capable of beating anything munster can put out but I'm still really worried at the relative mindsets of both teams, when it comes down to it it's munster-leinster in a final in Thomond with munster as underdogs and something to prove. It's the kind of the kind of set-up that shite, over hyped, over played theatre productions are written on! :wink:
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

So Munster will try to kick for the corners and target our lineout?
Fair enough so. We'll just keep the ball in hand and run them ragged.
Can't see the likes of Hayes living with the pace if we play our high-tempo game.
What's wrong with Quinlan? This would have been his last ever game.
We wore down Northampton's pack and we wore down Toulouse's pack. I'd like to think we can do the same tomorrow if we keep the ball alive and don't kick to touch the whole time.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!