Mackman15
Mullet

Re: Munster V Leinster

Post by Mackman15 »

wixfjord wrote:Locky has just tweeted:
"Less said about my scan results the Better..."

Doesn't sound good :(
Anyone see what happened?

Edit: DOH! It was in relation to a "dexa" scan, which seemingly tells you how fat your are!
Darn Twitter making me take things out of context!
Having had a handful of Dexa-Scans in the past i can ensure that it has nothing to do with how fat you are.
A Dexa-scan is a Bone Density Test.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

while the ref can't be blamed for Leinster's poor showing in the second half, he was still worth about 6 - 9 points to them easily.

very sorry to see POC injured again.
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

On the plus side the Dubs won the football, the hurlers drew with Kilkenny and Stephen Cluxton punched Jason Mcateer in the gob. So the weekend wasn't a total washout for some of us :lol:
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Mackman15 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Locky has just tweeted:
"Less said about my scan results the Better..."

Doesn't sound good :(
Anyone see what happened?

Edit: DOH! It was in relation to a "dexa" scan, which seemingly tells you how fat your are!
Darn Twitter making me take things out of context!
Having had a handful of Dexa-Scans in the past i can ensure that it has nothing to do with how fat you are.
A Dexa-scan is a Bone Density Test.
Actually you are wrong. It does both. While normally used for bone density scanning in the general population they are used for body fat assessment in athletes.
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Hickiefan wrote:Actually you are wrong. It does both. While normally used for bone density scanning in the general population they are used for body fat assessment in athletes.
My humble apologies- you learn something new every day - suffice to say that i shall only ask for my Bone Density figures as opposed to delving further the next time I myself is on the slab.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Mackman15 wrote:
Hickiefan wrote:Actually you are wrong. It does both. While normally used for bone density scanning in the general population they are used for body fat assessment in athletes.
My humble apologies- you learn something new every day - suffice to say that i shall only ask for my Bone Density figures as opposed to delving further the next time I myself is on the slab.
Let's just be thankful that KMcL is upset at body fat percentage and not bone density given what he does for a living! :D
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Hickiefan wrote:
Mackman15 wrote:
Let's just be thankful that KMcL is upset at body fat percentage and not bone density given what he does for a living! :D
Have the ever done one of these on Stephen Ferris?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Good point Peg Leg. Ferris may need to carry a bit of fat, in order to get his bone density up. (Assuming I've understood the previous posts)
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Oldschool wrote:Good point Peg Leg. Ferris may need to carry a bit of fat, in order to get his bone density up. (Assuming I've understood the previous posts)
I meant it as tongue in cheek, but I would imagine that body fat is only measured as an aside to the actual BMD scan results. I don't think body fat actually has a huge bearing on a bones BMD or its propensity to fracture/break. Calcium supplements would be the order of the day there....
IIRC a well recognised medical figure once said "Them bones, them bones, need calcium" :wink:
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Re the D'arcy debate on the previous page. I thought he came through the gate but then bounced off to the side after he tried to take out one of the Munster players which made it look like he'd come in from the side to the ref. He was always going to give a penalty once he'd gotten in the way of the ball a couple of minutes before. I wouldn't blame D'arcy at all for doing something "high risk" when it was perfectly legal and he didn't put his hands on the ball. We had to try and turn the ball over at some stage and he's an outstanding counter rucker so I don't see why he should have held back.
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Peg Leg wrote:IIRC a well recognised medical figure once said "Them bones, them bones, need calcium" :wink:
I never said that.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Mackman15 wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:IIRC a well recognised medical figure once said "Them bones, them bones, need calcium" :wink:
I never said that.
Ah yes, but you have a well recognised figure within, do you not?
Daniel Sullivan
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Dexter wrote:
tate wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:
Maybe this is just me wearing my 'flash' coloured glasses again but I have watched that penalty several times now and I still can't see what Darce is supposed to have done wrong - or maybe I just don't understand the laws properly :(
from my memory of watching it, darce was pushed around the edge of the ruck and was penalised for coming in from the side and i think isa was the other man there. Could be wrong though, i was fierce hungover watching it.
I asked that question a few pages back as I'm still not sure, I thought I heard the ref saying "offside". Not that it matters now, just curious.
Yes the ref gave the penalty for 'Offside".
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Peg Leg wrote:Ah yes, but you have a well recognised figure within, do you not?
Flattery will get you everywhere!!!

In better news, no fresh injury concerns. Jenno is the extent of it.
Have to be happy that they got through such a tough 80 mins this weekend. Someone's looking out for them.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

downsouthdukin wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Hilarious that Munster fans are telling us to 'stop whinging about the ref' considering that's all they were doing in the first half, including booing the ref off at half-time!

Short memories!
jeez even Donny B. getting sucked in. Normally a voice of reason, you need your gavel back ....

I'm just pointing out that it seems complaining about the ref is only allowed if you're from Munster. Did you not boo him off at half-time?

Anyway, what's done is done. Congrats on the win, it was deserved for the second half fightback.

Next time I hope we're smarter when faced with a hometown ref and don't play into his hands.
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

Donny B. wrote:
downsouthdukin wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Hilarious that Munster fans are telling us to 'stop whinging about the ref' considering that's all they were doing in the first half, including booing the ref off at half-time!

Short memories!
jeez even Donny B. getting sucked in. Normally a voice of reason, you need your gavel back ....

I'm just pointing out that it seems complaining about the ref is only allowed if you're from Munster. Did you not boo him off at half-time?

Anyway, what's done is done. Congrats on the win, it was deserved for the second half fightback.

Next time I hope we're smarter when faced with a hometown ref and don't play into his hands.
he made bad calls but he was hardly a homer. have a look at ulster scarlets if you want to see a definitive hometown ref
are you asking me personally if i booed him off? certainly not, kinda counters both your points however. if he was being booed it would be over decisions the crowd didnt like(hardly playing his homer role!)
Big match from Munster.Don't really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.What a beautiful machine with that ruthless side to them.
ror
Graduate

Post by ror »

I have a pic of the last penalty given against Drace!
How can I upload it?
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

ror wrote:I have a pic of the last penalty given against Drace!
How can I upload it?
www.imageshack.us
ror
Graduate

Post by ror »

Dan I have it on the PC just cant get on the BB. Its well worth a look for discussion
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

ror wrote:Dan I have it on the PC just cant get on the BB. Its well worth a look for discussion
Yeah, upload it it imageshack, then use the img function of the forum.