Munster V Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

janeymac08
Mullet

Re: Munster V Leinster

Post by janeymac08 »

HUDSOC wrote:
MunsterFan wrote:Sometimes ya just gotta laugh at the stuff some of ye come out with. ~It was the refs fault ~ We lost, they didnt win? <-- Check the scoreboard mate.. I mean seriously.. Grow up!!
What's all this 'YE' ? Are you some sort of student of old english ?
"ye" is still commonly used as an informal plural in Hiberno English. (according to wiki that is :roll: )
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Post by brummie-leinster-man »

So that's now 480 mins since Munster scored a try against us? :roll:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hilarious that Munster fans are telling us to 'stop whinging about the ref' considering that's all they were doing in the first half, including booing the ref off at half-time!

Short memories!
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

brummie-leinster-man wrote:So that's now 480 mins since Munster scored a try against us? :roll:
Of course we can't score trys, when you're happy to concede penalties every time we get into the danger zone.

That, and we don't have 1 centre in our team currently, so we can't get the ball to our danger men.
Last edited by ruck on April 4th, 2011, 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the one who knocks!
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

artaneboy wrote:We lost - we should have won - and I hate loosing to them - so, I dont know about anyone else but sulky does not get close to how I felt!! - and I dont care!
Poor you! I suppose the rest of us will just have to get on with living. :)[/quote]

Munsterfan I assume?[/quote]

No, just an adult with a sense of proportion.[/quote]

Ah, so, that would make me a child with none.....yep, i;d say thats about right - one eyed blueblood who hates to loose to the turnips - guilty as charged!
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

I thought that it was a cracking game that reflected very well on the ML. The result was disappointing for us in terms of securing a play off place but c'est la vie. Hopefully, it will dispel any hint of complacency which may have been creeping into our players minds before the HEC Qtr Final next weekend. Quite frankly, a team that's leading 20-9 at half time really shouldn't lose. Although, some of the Ref's decisions were poor we had chances to push on for victory and didn't take them. I can think of one absolutely golden 3 to 1 overlap deep in their half which was butchered by a woeful, woeful pass from Cian Healy. Congrats to Munster.They played well in the 2nd half to haul themselves out of the mire.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

JohnB wrote: can think of one absolutely golden 3 to 1 overlap deep in their half which was butchered by a woeful, woeful pass from Cian Healy. Congrats to Munster.
Prop throwing a pass move than 3m off his left hand at pace. I'll forgive him. Just unfortunate he was the one in that position.
JohnB
Graduate

Post by JohnB »

Ceemac, I'm not trying to pick on Healy. I'm just pointing out that we had chances that we didn't take. While there were some strange decisions by the Ref (the penalty against Ross when DuPreez was clearly already pooping out of the scrum, BOD's YC where I think he was being held down by DOC and MOD and a few others) I think we're failing to give enough credit to Munster for their fight back in the 2nd half. I think the result could be very important in getting our lads properly focussed for the task against the Tigers.
ruck
Rhys Ruddock

Post by ruck »

ceemec wrote:
JohnB wrote: can think of one absolutely golden 3 to 1 overlap deep in their half which was butchered by a woeful, woeful pass from Cian Healy. Congrats to Munster.
Prop throwing a pass move than 3m off his left hand at pace. I'll forgive him. Just unfortunate he was the one in that position.
He had also spent the last couple of minutes before that, puking his ring up so I don't think he was 100% at the time.
I am the one who knocks!
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

ceemec wrote:
Not to mention Buckley's heroic intervention which prevented a 3 man overlap capitalising at the end of the first half. Oh, no, wait...
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Wicklowlad
Beginner

Post by Wicklowlad »

I'm still gutted but fair play to Munster - I'll give them kudos for coming back from 11 points down. We'll see you in the final.

Roll on next weekend - no complacency now at least.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

JohnB wrote:Ceemac, I'm not trying to pick on Healy. I'm just pointing out that we had chances that we didn't take. While there were some strange decisions by the Ref (the penalty against Ross when DuPreez was clearly already pooping out of the scrum, BOD's YC where I think he was being held down by DOC and MOD and a few others) I think we're failing to give enough credit to Munster for their fight back in the 2nd half. I think the result could be very important in getting our lads properly focussed for the task against the Tigers.
Ah I know, just pointing out that it wasn't really butchering just a missed opportunity due to unfortunate positioning.

You're the first one to mention the possibility that BOD was being held that I've seen. I'll need to watch it again but I thought at the time that this was the case. The locks were holding him in there and MOD was slapping him to highlight to the ref his position. Very clever from MOD. If I'm wrong then it's just blatantly stupid from BOD at the break down which would be very unusual for him.
PCASEY
Knowledgeable

Post by PCASEY »

ceemec wrote:
JohnB wrote:Ceemac, I'm not trying to pick on Healy. I'm just pointing out that we had chances that we didn't take. While there were some strange decisions by the Ref (the penalty against Ross when DuPreez was clearly already pooping out of the scrum, BOD's YC where I think he was being held down by DOC and MOD and a few others) I think we're failing to give enough credit to Munster for their fight back in the 2nd half. I think the result could be very important in getting our lads properly focussed for the task against the Tigers.
Ah I know, just pointing out that it wasn't really butchering just a missed opportunity due to unfortunate positioning.

You're the first one to mention the possibility that BOD was being held that I've seen. I'll need to watch it again but I thought at the time that this was the case. The locks were holding him in there and MOD was slapping him to highlight to the ref his position. Very clever from MOD. If I'm wrong then it's just blatantly stupid from BOD at the break down which would be very unusual for him.
watched the replay after the game, you can see BOD not getting up, MOD pointing at him and when the ref blows the whistle, MOD moves out of the way and you can see the guilty look on DOC face as he's still keeping BOD pinned down. You can argue it's gamesmanship or BOD not trying hard enough to get out, (still think its unfair if a ref decides you're not trying hard enought) but c'est la vie.
downsouthdukin
Mullet

Post by downsouthdukin »

Donny B. wrote:Hilarious that Munster fans are telling us to 'stop whinging about the ref' considering that's all they were doing in the first half, including booing the ref off at half-time!

Short memories!
jeez even Donny B. getting sucked in. Normally a voice of reason, you need your gavel back ....
Big match from Munster.Don't really understand the criticism of their so called ugly rugby.I love open running rugby but I also admire the collective mastery of this Munster team.What a beautiful machine with that ruthless side to them.
Rockthecasbah
Beginner

Post by Rockthecasbah »

ceemec wrote: You're the first one to mention the possibility that BOD was being held that I've seen. I'll need to watch it again but I thought at the time that this was the case. The locks were holding him in there and MOD was slapping him to highlight to the ref his position. Very clever from MOD. If I'm wrong then it's just blatantly stupid from BOD at the break down which would be very unusual for him.
Exactly what I thought when I watched on TV too. He was on his knees with a lot of bodies above him - hard to tell by the camera angle if he was held. But not like BOD to give away a silly penalty when we'd been pinged a lot for this already. MOD certainly made the Ref very, very aware of it. They played the ref well. We should have adapted better.
toffblue
Bookworm

Post by toffblue »

Well done Munster - excellent comeback when they were staring a humiliation in the face. Can't deny them that.

For those getting carried away with the defeat - think back to 2009 and the corresponding fixture Munster won by 17 points (flattered them to be fair). Following week one of the grittiest performances from a Leinster side ever against Quins. A loss can spur on a team more than a win and this will be the case without doubt for next Saturday. Leinster need to be at their best ala 1st Half v Munster. There's no way they will let up against Leicester.

Once again. well done Munster. But we'll be seeing you again soon .... have no doubt about it :wink:
"Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems." H J Simpson Esq
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

ruck wrote:
brummie-leinster-man wrote:So that's now 480 mins since Munster scored a try against us? :roll:
Of course we can't score trys, when you're happy to concede penalties every time we get into the danger zone.

That, and we don't have 1 centre in our team currently, so we can't get the ball to our danger men.
:lol: :lol: Man thats a p!ss poor excuse for not scoring a try (or even looking like it) in nearly 500 minutes of rugby. I feel your shame :oops:. There was nothing stopping your guys from running some of those penalties r taking a scrum an trying for a PT (sorry I couldn't keep a straight face on that one either :lol: ).
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened

Post by brummie-leinster-man »

ruck wrote:

any more excuses? the ref getting in the way of a pass? :P

anyone can pass a ball (with the exception of Cian Healy :P ) you dont need sh!t hot centres to get the ball to 'danger men'!

Anyway, your centres should be classed as 'danger men' ......ours are!! :lol:
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Psst, appreciate I'm being pedantic but it's 486 minutes - and for anyone who doesn't remember, the last Munster player to score a try against us was Denis Fogarty.
JohnB wrote: While there were some strange decisions by the Ref (the penalty against Ross when DuPreez was clearly already pooping out of the scrum,

Ewww, could he not have done that in the dressing room before the match!!!
JohnB wrote:BOD's YC where I think he was being held down by DOC and MOD and a few others)
Watch that part again - BOD was furious. I'm cr@p at lip reading but BOD clearly said to the ref that he was being held.

Also, if Donners doesn't stop flapping his hands at the referees he's going to end up with carpal tunnel syndrome.
Last edited by Xanthippe on April 4th, 2011, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
BarryP
Knowledgeable

Post by BarryP »

The law of averages would have said that our run of victories against Munster would end at some stage, so to lose in Thomond, by 1 point, in a (relatively) meaningless match? - I'd take that...

Well done to Munster, and O'Gara was level-headed in his interview at the end. Superb kicking display from both 10s
No feelings. You don't win 'em all, you don't love 'em all, you keep on fighting and if you need a friend, get a dog."