Post by StrangeButBlue »

Gotta love Simon Mannnix
Nearly sure I heard "Continuer la Gare, Continuer la gare"
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
Donald
Mullet

Re: Racing v Leinster ***Team Pg 6***

Post by Donald »

Good performance. Fans were immense. Could hear them all night long as well as the fan (or backroom team perhaps) with the English accent who just kept shouting at the ref and once said 'Fcuk me Ref'. HAHAHA Even Mark Robson heard that one!

Good win tho and as commentarty stated we have scored some amoint of tries in this group of death and got 3 BP wins and one losing BP. Very happy with that. Still tho with this exciting open and very quick ball playing side need to be sensible and tighten up at the back. Have keaked a good few soft tries in the last 3 games (Chavs, Sarries and Racing). Just a bit porous lately with a lot of missed tackles.

If we won't get any bad injuries to key players such as Johnny, Hines, SOB, Heaslip we should win a home QF no matter who we play!
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

Donald wrote:the fan (or backroom team perhaps) with the English accent who just kept shouting at the ref and once said 'Fcuk me Ref'.
That was simon mannix, assistant coach for Racing 92
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

What impressed me most was how we could seemingly lift our game at will and how everyone rolled with the changes and any problems that came along. Healy scrummaging at hooker, SOB throwing in and Toner just calling the ball on himself when we(I'm guessing Newland in particular) hadn't a rashers what the call was...all taken in their stride!

My only complaint about tonight was Mark Robson, hate that guy!

Already said this elsewhere but McFadden should definitely be in the Irish 22 after tonight. His hunger and determination is a great to see and he really is on fire, love watching him play!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:What impressed me most was how we could seemingly lift our game at will and how everyone rolled with the changes and any problems that came along. Healy scrummaging at hooker, SOB throwing in and Toner just calling the ball on himself when we(I'm guessing Newland in particular) hadn't a rashers what the call was...all taken in their stride!

My only complaint about tonight was Mark Robson, hate that guy!

Already said this elsewhere but McFadden should definitely be in the Irish 22 after tonight. His hunger and determination is a great to see and he really is on fire, love watching him play!
I thought that lineout was improvised. Newland and Toner collided during the movement and it was all wrong.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

ronk wrote:
I thought that lineout was improvised. Newland and Toner collided during the movement and it was all wrong.
It was, that's twice in two days you've misunderstood me Ronk which is strange because we usually agree about things! My point was that when everything went wrong Toner just called it on himself instead of worrying about no lifters or hesitating and doing nothing. Was good to see!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: My only complaint about tonight was Mark Robson, hate that guy!
I love him. He's the bizo.

Comes up with some cringers, but a few gems too.

He's not bland chyte like other commentators. He has a bit of individuality.
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

I am a Robbo fan too. Grew to love him on Setanta and sadly we only see him on Sky now
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

To me Mark Robson is enough to make me turn down the volume and listen to Daniel O´Donnell´s Greatest Hits during a match. A more grinding commentator´s voice in the world of sport does does not exist.
Last edited by madridlion on January 21st, 2011, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

There's 3 things I particularly hate about him.

1) He seems to only read the Times (both Irish and Sunday) and repeats every Irish rugby related word from both.

2) He prepares a bit of background on the unknown opposition and is hellbent on getting it out regardless of how inappropriate a time to do it is.

3) He obsesses over one thing in particular during every match. Today it was BOD's birthday, a while back it was Jamie and Luke's yellow boots.

I actually used to like him on Setanta but for some reason I've grown to really despise listening to him over the last 2 years or so, not sure what the difference was before but there you go!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

madridlion wrote:To me Mark Robson is the spawn of the ....... He has for many years wished for and enjoyed Leinster failure and hated our success. A more grinding commentator´s voice in the world does not exist.
It's all in your head mate. Perhaps you would prefer some personality free English commentator.
I have listened to him in Leinster games for at least 5 years and have never felt he was biased. (and I would be touchy enough, although not as touchy as you perhaps)
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:There's 3 things I particularly hate about him.

1) He seems to only read the Times (both Irish and Sunday) and repeats every Irish rugby related word from both.

2) He prepares a bit of background on the unknown opposition and is hellbent on getting it out regardless of how inappropriate a time to do it is.

3) He obsesses over one thing in particular during every match. Today it was BOD's birthday, a while back it was Jamie and Luke's yellow boots.

I actually used to like him on Setanta but for some reason I've grown to really despise listening to him over the last 2 years or so, not sure what the difference was before but there you go!
Agree with those 3 points but still like him.

Edit: Enthusiasm. That's what I like about him. It's like your mate, you know he's a bit of a spa, but he's a bit of crack too.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

madridlion wrote:To me Mark Robson is enough to make me turn down the volume and listen to Daniel O´Donnell´s Greatest Hits during a match. A more grinding commentator´s voice in the world of sport does does not exist.
Stop moving the goalposts :)

See mate/spa post.
hope not expectation
Bookworm

Post by hope not expectation »

This was generally a good team performance. however i really have to pay respect to those who travelled.
I don't have SKY soI listen live on radio and then watched highlights on RTE,
The noise from the Leinster Fans was beyond fantastic.

Well done :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
therugbyguerilla
Bookworm

Post by therugbyguerilla »

madridlion wrote:To me Mark Robson is enough to make me turn down the volume and listen to Daniel O´Donnell´s Greatest Hits during a match. A more grinding commentator´s voice in the world of sport does does not exist.
the worst commentator on earth is Ryle Nugent. How that guy got the job will forever be a mystery to me. Watching the munster match highlights last weekend, he seems to think he's the most cunning linguist ever. Saying 'Toulon' in the frenchest accent possible NON BLOODY STOP! literally, every 10 seconds..., juan martin fernandez lobbe like he was an announcer at a mexican wedding, say van Niekerrrrrk about three different ways, depending on how much time he had to fill.

Anytime theres a tackle for Ireland in the six nations, and theyre backtracking, it'll be despairing...you wait and see, he'll say it about 20 times per game. Hate the guy, and it saddens me ill have to listen to him for the next 20/30 years.

Robbo is great- has a laugh, does all his own stunts (writes all his ownmetaphors :D )
I want my medal for putting Cipriani off 4 kicks at Twickenham. If one went over- we'd have had no HC. That's all i want. Thanks Josie-you're my biggest fan.
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

therugbyguerilla wrote:Watching the munster match highlights last weekend, he seems to think he's the most cunning linguist ever.
:lol: The old ones are best
LEINSTER pour toujours
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Thought I'd come here before I go straight to the drunk thread. I spoke to michael Cheika this evening, well shouted at him as he passed by; told him to keep his hands off Johnny10, he really didnt answer me other than do a typical French shrug of the shoulders.

But k told him, he knew exactly what I meant when I said hands off.
Get in the f%~king bag.
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

johng wrote:

See mate/spa post.
I had beer taken and was a bit overexcited. First post was excessive.
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

No more beer posts from me
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

madridlion wrote:
johng wrote:

See mate/spa post.
I had beer taken and was a bit overexcited. First post was excessive.
I'd say we all had a few last night. :wink: