Pilou-Pilou !
Qui descendons de la Montagne vers la Mer
Pilou-Pilou !
Avec nos femmes échevelées allaitant nos enfants
A l'ombre des grands cocotiers blancs
Pilou-Pilou !
Nous les terribles guerriers poussons notre terrible cri de guerre
AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH !
J'ai dit "NOTRE TERRIBLE CRI DE GUERRE" !
AAAARRRGGGGHHHHH !
Parce que TOULON
ROUGE !
Parce que TOULON
NOIR !
Parce que TOULON
ROUGE ET NOIR !
Eeeehhh .......OK........If you say so :) Hate the French language (Not the people or the place now) Listening to it sounds like someone who just put their fingers through the toilet paper.

I know. I know. I am in a minority, and the whole rest of the world thinks it's sexy etc etc.. :)
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Leinster v Saracens***Teams Pg10***

Post by johng »

simplythebest wrote:
johng wrote:
Degz wrote:I, for one, will be cheering heartily for Munster. Parochial bullshit to one side please. Three Irish sides in the semis is totally unprecedented, and would be a huge fillup for the national team heading into the 6N.
Yeah me too.

Munster are like our brother. No one is allowed to batter them except us :D

Although there is a little bit in everyone that wants to see arrogance/overconfidence brought down. Some Munster fans (None of the ones who post here obviously :) ) are/have been guilty on this front.

It is also hard for people to switch from rivalry to support. I have no problem with that (Or with Munster fans who hate Leinster) Just don't feel that way personally.
Jaysus, talk about being conciliatory. You could write a book on it Johng.
:lol: Yeah I'm cursed with being able to see both sides......Sometimes.

I'm a contrarian.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

simplythebest wrote:
johng wrote:
Degz wrote:I, for one, will be cheering heartily for Munster. Parochial bullshit to one side please. Three Irish sides in the semis is totally unprecedented, and would be a huge fillup for the national team heading into the 6N.
Yeah me too.

Although there is a little bit in everyone that wants to see arrogance/overconfidence brought down. Some Munster fans (None of the ones who post here obviously :) ) are/have been guilty on this front.

It is also hard for people to switch from rivalry to support. I have no problem with that (Or with Munster fans who hate Leinster) Just don't feel that way personally.
Jaysus, talk about being conciliatory. You could write a book on it Johng. :wink:

Maybe because its Sunday and of course we did win rather well yesterday, so I think he's just still feeling the love for all..... :oops:
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Hippo wrote:
Heineken2009 wrote: For their second try what Sexton did was madness and I'd hope he wouldn't do it in a knock-out game.
When the team was lining up behind the posts for the conversion Sexton was having a real go at Reddan for the pass from the scrum that led to the 'madness'. Will have to have a look at it again. On a more serious note, O'Malley might perhaps be a little more careful grounding the ball next time, he didn't get it down properly for his try. Luckily it wasn't one that was going to be sent to the TMO.

I thought Sarries made no real effort to slow down or ball, or even force the offside line a la the Ospreys and nearly everyone else we play. We'll be fortunate to get as much time and space again. Having said all that, I'm still glowing from the performance!
Sexton needed the pass waist high to his left side to get the kick away. He got it knee high to his right and had no time to kick.

I didn't think Reddan was great yesterday but I'd be reluctant to blame him for the try as our defence on the short side when they broke down there was pretty soft.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

johng wrote:
simplythebest wrote:
johng wrote: Yeah me too.

I'm a contrarian.
Now I have no idea which side to support :(
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

sid wrote:
johng wrote:
simplythebest wrote: Yeah me too.

I'm a contrarian.
Now I have no idea which side to support :([/quote]

Well, if its answers you need

best head elsewhere - nothing but bo££ocks round here :lol:
ustix
Bookworm

Post by ustix »

Great to see an Irish team playing with that level of adventure and confidence, making mistakes and getting on with it.
The handling and offloading out of contact were great to watch.
Fair ducks to yiz, ye feckers.
That which does not bend breaks
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Did anyone else on here notice that Poite wouldn't know what a gate was if it smacked him in the face!
I know its called the breakdown but christ on a bike yesterday it was a free for all!

Edit:. Cursed spelling
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

It was a great day for us yesterday. Yes, there were some stupid tries conceded but our offensive play was magnificent. The off loading for SO'B's try was fantastic. Isa's step for his try was sublime but the collective counter attack for Ferg's try was simply stunning and the pick of them for me.

A truly outstanding achievement from the team to qualify from one of the most horrendous group's I've ever seen in this competition. Qualifying with a game to spare no less :shock:

When the draw was made, I have to be honest, I didn't think we'd get out of the group. Only one person I can think of, when the draw was made, tried to assure me we'd get out of the pool. I'm thrilled I was wrong.

Now, lets got to Paris on Friday and finish the job. Let's come home with a RDS quarter-final in the bag :D

Allez les Bleues
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
ustix
Bookworm

Post by ustix »

Lads, would there be an auld argument among ye for renaming the RDS something easier to identify with?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

ustix wrote:Lads, would there be an auld argument among ye for renaming the RDS something easier to identify with?
Nope, we're only lodgers to the good folk in the society!
Daniel Sullivan
ustix
Bookworm

Post by ustix »

Peg Leg wrote:
ustix wrote:Lads, would there be an auld argument among ye for renaming the RDS something easier to identify with?
Oh, Is there any way ye'd discuss the matter with them? Perhaps they're ripe for change.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

ustix wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
Oh, Is there any way ye'd discuss the matter with them? Perhaps they're ripe for change.

I doubt it to be honest. The word "venerable" pops into your mind more often than "nimble" with the RDS. It's not ours and if it was naming rights would probably have been sold off to some transnational organisation looking for "brand power" or some sh!te like that. It's old. It's history. I don't think Leinster are even thinking of a purpose build stadium there.
ustix
Bookworm

Post by ustix »

Hmm. The word venerable doesn't pop into my own mind.
It seems a bit outside the pale, if not incongruous to me to have a fine Leinster rugby team play scintillating and hardnosed rugby in a stadium so named.
I'd have thought the proprietors very glad of yer tenancy. History was never set in stone. It's eternally up for grabs.
Anyhow. Well done yesterday. I need to focus on Toulon. Gwan Munster!
Last edited by ustix on January 16th, 2011, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

fourthirtythree wrote:
ustix wrote: Oh, Is there any way ye'd discuss the matter with them? Perhaps they're ripe for change.

I doubt it to be honest. The word "venerable" pops into your mind more often than "nimble" with the RDS. It's not ours and if it was naming rights would probably have been sold off to some transnational organisation looking for "brand power" or some sh!te like that. It's old. It's history. I don't think Leinster are even thinking of a purpose build stadium there.
Ladies & gentemen, it is with great pleasure that i present to you, the new name for the home of (Leinster) rugby- The NAMAdrome! :happy clapper:
Daniel Sullivan
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Peg Leg wrote:
Ladies & gentemen, it is with great pleasure that i present to you, the new name for the home of (Leinster) rugby- The NAMAdrome! :happy clapper:
The Laighin's Den perhaps.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

ustix wrote:Hmm. The word venerable doesn't pop into my own mind.
It seems a bit outside the pale, if not incongruous to me to have a fine Leinster rugby team play scintillating and hardnosed rugby in a stadium so named.
I'd have thought the proprietors very glad of yer tenancy. History was never set in stone. It's eternally up for grabs.
It could be a long time before Munster play a game in the RDS, even if today goes badly for you our games will still be a big enough draw for the palindrome
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Peg Leg wrote:Did anyone else on here notice that Poite wouldn't know what a gate was if it smacked him in the face!
I know its called the breakdown but christ on a bike yesterday it was a free for all!

Edit:. Cursed spelling
He didn't police the breakdown at all yesterday. The difference between this and last week, is that he more or less ignored it for both sides.
T - 45
ustix
Bookworm

Post by ustix »

StrangeButBlue wrote:
ustix wrote:Hmm. The word venerable doesn't pop into my own mind.
It could be a long time before Munster play a game in the RDS, even if today goes badly for you our games will still be a big enough draw for the palindrome
I see.Yes.
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

Hey, wasn't that Warriers Call at the start of the Toulon/Munster game, cool?
LEINSTER pour toujours