John Fogarty injury

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

paddyj
Bookworm

Re: John Fogarty injury

Post by paddyj »

This raises a very serious issue for professional ruby - honest article which puts a different perspective on what we expect from players

He (and Ronnie) deserve a proper send off from Leinster fans - shld be presentation at next match
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

Wow that was a difficult read. I feel very sorry for the guy. Thanks to John for all the great performances in blue. Look after yourself man.
neilinboston
Knowledgeable

Post by neilinboston »

I think it's fair to say that if he's willing to be this honest his greatest contribution to rugby is still to come. I doubt many of us would have realised just how bad it is. And you can be sure there are more suffering the same, or on that road.
I'm sure he'll be missed by the players as much as by us!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hopefully this shockingly honest interview and Jackman's book, which also deals heavily with his concussions, will provoke a debate to bring the issue out into the open.

All rugby players at all levels sacrafice their bodies to an extent, but this type of suffering is just not acceptable.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Yeah. Jackman was in the ST yesterday saying he reckons someone will on or off the pitch from concussion related injuries/complications
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Best of luck Fog's . It was a pleasure having you. You will be remembered.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

John, you have been a fantastic servant to Leinster rugby and I hope you know just how much we appreciate the committment you gave to our team.

Thank you as well for being brave enough to give such a frank and harrowing interview. By doing so, hopefully, you have prevented others from having to go through the same experiences.

When you are up to it, I hope the OLSC will do some form of presenation just to say thanks.

Thank you for everything John and the best of luck to you and your family in the future :clap:
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Cianostays wrote:John, you have been a fantastic servant to Leinster rugby and I hope you know just how much we appreciate the committment you gave to our team.

Thank you as well for being brave enough to give such a frank and harrowing interview. By doing so, hopefully, you have prevented others from having to go through the same experiences.

When you are up to it, I hope the OLSC will do some form of presenation just to say thanks.

Thank you for everything John and the best of luck to you and your family in the future :clap:
Great words and sentiments...all the very best John and thanks
jimigiller
Beginner

Post by jimigiller »

That's an incredibly honest interview, and scary to think of the consequences of too many 'bangs', makes you wonder how many other players are going thru some similar issues, and how many will come to the fore now that this is in the open air and 'exposed'..

Thanks for the honesty John, ever since you arrived on the Leinster team the fans could see your commitment to the Leinster cause. Yeah sure everyone outside of Leinster despises us, we like that - sure, hate us and there's the 'Heino' cup over there we won 2 years ago, and here's the drive for five over Munster.... The most successful period of Leinster Rugby and you were a very large part of that, and by the looks of it you sacrificed yourself.

Nothing is worth continuing on and putting your family life at risk, or your personal health. Get yourself right John, in the knowledge that we all appreciate you and what you have done for us, for all the memories and the absolute courage you showed game in game out. You were never underestimated by any of us, we all knew how good you were, and will fondly remember that we got to see one of the finest line out and scrum operators in Irish Rugby play for Leinster..

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy clapper:
“I’ve always been a Leinster player. My dad played for Leinster, my uncle played for Leinster, my cousin played for Leinster. I’m a Leinster lad. I don’t make any apologies for it. That’s my team." Hickie you legend!
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Very forthright interview. Really feel it for the guy. Great contribution to Leinster and truly one of the unsung hero's. Wish you and your family well in all your future endeavours Fogs.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Think back to the Jason harris Wright episode in the Racing Metro match.
A proud Winsome Fluter